Sponsored by:

C5 corvette ac blower resistor

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:31 PM
vettelover8306
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C5 corvette ac blower resistor

Hi guys today i replaced the ac compressor in my 97 blower its no blowing air as it has to be said the mechanic a good friend of mine i set the fan in max position and this just blow very low besides the mechanic told me can be the blower or the resistor i would replace both due to my c5 is a 97 and parts (blower and resistor) would be below 100 bucks so i just found the blower but i would like to know where is located the reistor thanks in advance regards
Old 07-16-2016, 10:09 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 374 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...elay-hvac.html
Old 07-16-2016, 10:19 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by vettelover8306
Hi guys today i replaced the ac compressor in my 97 blower its no blowing air as it has to be said the mechanic a good friend of mine i set the fan in max position and this just blow very low besides the mechanic told me can be the blower or the resistor i would replace both due to my c5 is a 97 and parts (blower and resistor) would be below 100 bucks so i just found the blower but i would like to know where is located the reistor thanks in advance regards
I would not replace the blower until you try the resistor. 9 times out of 10 it is the resistor that is bad. You can drop the blower motor easily and see if it spins freely. If it does, wait to try the new blower motor resistor before buying one.

Here's Bill Curlee's post from the link 73Corvette provided...
Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
This is your issue!

The resistors on the board are most likely smoked like the ones in the picture:

When you order the resistor, be sure to have your VIN handy. They made running changes in these and you'll want the VIN to verify you get the correct one.

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 07-16-2016, 10:30 AM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

Vettelover - Can you try and punctuate your posts? Not doing so makes them really hard to read and hard to understand.
The following users liked this post:
phuz (07-06-2023)
Old 07-16-2016, 10:36 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlmd
Vettelover - Can you try and punctuate your posts? Not doing so makes them really hard to read and hard to understand.
Dude I get a Latin flair from his choice of words... I thenk he do pretty goot ... heck I am a heartland white boy and have trouble with punctuation and spelling... give him a break
Maybe take an ebonics class?
Old 07-16-2016, 11:44 AM
seagem
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine at NAPA, lifetime warranty I like. You will feel like a pretzel getting this item out, the new one fits right in, no problem.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 corvette ac blower resistor

Quick Reply: C5 corvette ac blower resistor