Sponsored by:

Help on stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Silverwolf_pup
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Help on stereo system

Hello I need some help and advise on stereo equipment, I have a aftermarket kenwood Head unit with the stock Bose speakers, and just recently got a custom sub box with 1 10" DD sub, I am thinking of getting rid of the sub and box and just have the mids for my sound, now that being said should I get better front and rear speakers, I want some good bass, and good clean clarity, low distortion, and speakers that can handle loudness and not get sloppy, I know I will have to get a good amp to just hook the mids up, but I was also thinking of just getting my Bose amp hooked back up to my HU and have my good lows from the stock speakers. Advise and help please.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
CaseyJones
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

I think most here would highly recommend that you post in the General Topics/Audio and Stereo forum section. The people with the best answers usually hang around there.

Also, calling Dennis at Double D would be another suggestion. He always knows and seems to be willing to help even if you didn't get your components from him.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:12 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by CaseyJones
I think most here would highly recommend that you post in the General Topics/Audio and Stereo forum section. The people with the best answers usually hang around there.

Also, calling Dennis at Double D would be another suggestion. He always knows and seems to be willing to help even if you didn't get your components from him.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:07 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverwolf_pup
Hello I need some help and advise on stereo equipment, I have a aftermarket kenwood Head unit with the stock Bose speakers, and just recently got a custom sub box with 1 10" DD sub, I am thinking of getting rid of the sub and box and just have the mids for my sound, now that being said should I get better front and rear speakers, I want some good bass, and good clean clarity, low distortion, and speakers that can handle loudness and not get sloppy, I know I will have to get a good amp to just hook the mids up, but I was also thinking of just getting my Bose amp hooked back up to my HU and have my good lows from the stock speakers. Advise and help please.
You would need to provide more info about "what" and "how" you currently have installed.

At first I thought you just upgraded your head unit keeping the rest of the OEM system intact, but then you mentioned the custom sub (I would have to guess it has its own amplifier) and that now you are thinking of getting rid of it and hooking back your Bose amp to provide the low end (I'm guessing you are referring to the 2 subwoofer amps in the doors)... so it seems your OEM system was indeed modified when/after the new headunit was installed... and I'm lost

Last edited by GCG; 07-05-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:22 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 374 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...unds-flat.html

http://shop.doubledmods.com/Corvette...-roem-vet1.htm

Last edited by 73Corvette; 07-05-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Help on stereo system

Quick Reply: Help on stereo system