Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok...Who's ready for flared front fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by The Highlander
Imo they shouldn't copy the l5s. It is of poor taste. If you like the l5 buy l5, dont ask someone else to copy them.
You're kidding right? L5 fenders are a wanted shape but are known for poor fitment. In this industry if we can get a product that actually fits then by all means copy it and do it better. Its time we stop allowing second rate products. As consumers we are in control, not the manufacturer. We need to send out a message that we wont buy a product that needs hundreds of dollars in body shop work just to make it fit. They can make a better product or they can go out of business. That should be a manufacturers only two choices.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:59 AM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Crosis
You're kidding right? L5 fenders are a wanted shape but are known for poor fitment. In this industry if we can get a product that actually fits then by all means copy it and do it better. Its time we stop allowing second rate products. As consumers we are in control, not the manufacturer. We need to send out a message that we wont buy a product that needs hundreds of dollars in body shop work just to make it fit. They can make a better product or they can go out of business. That should be a manufacturers only two choices.
I don't agree with you... sounds like trying to leech someone else idea and try to get it cheaper. Kind of like: teach my tuner to tune my car because you charge too much.

Good Luck

Last edited by The Highlander; 09-07-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:33 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,238 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Imo they shouldn't copy the l5s. It is of poor taste. If you like the l5 buy l5, dont ask someone else to copy them.
I did not ask him to copy the L5 fenders, nor would I expect him to. I posted the photo for reference to show that the L5 fenders incorporated the OEM curved fender edge. Pay attention before you make your comments. Reading context is key. Savvy?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:38 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,238 Likes on 1,590 Posts

These look very good. Much better than your rears.
...and partly because he made the adjustment I suggested, which was smoothing the fender edge to match the OEM edge. The same suggestion that you claimed he was "copying". LOL
Old 09-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Riteaidkid84
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
The part I find nearly impossible to do when I was making my own flares is how do they now match the other side exactly to the first one?

There must be some tricks on how to do it but I cant figure it out
Old 09-07-2017, 04:27 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

It's a fender.....it's a flare......there are only so many ways to make it that compliment the car and look like it is a Vette fender. If a Vette is going by you at 60 mph you're not going to be able to tell if they are L5 or anybody else's replacement flared fenders.

I think you can make them very unique and unduplicate-able just by making them fit like stock. Apparently aftermarket fenders have not had this unique design feature yet....hopefully these will.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:30 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
It's a fender.....it's a flare......there are only so many ways to make it that compliment the car and look like it is a Vette fender. If a Vette is going by you at 60 mph you're not going to be able to tell if they are L5 or anybody else's replacement flared fenders.

I think you can make them very unique and unduplicate-able just by making them fit like stock. Apparently aftermarket fenders have not had this unique design feature yet....hopefully these will.
Yes, I can easily identify them while driving around.

And yes... none have had stock fit and finish. My L5s still need some adjustment, but I definitely like the look of the car with them.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:54 PM
z0stix
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

how much shipped for the carbon version?

Last edited by z0stix; 09-07-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:58 PM
ss4luck
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I wanna see these painted on a lowered car. that will be the real test of how well they work with the body lines and existing aero/rear flares
Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by z0stix
how much shipped for the carbon version?
$1199 plus shipping in carbon, not sure what shipping will be yet. This will be for the first few, then carbon goes to $1299.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:57 PM
RHSVETTE
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5R USA
Thanks Pete,

I'd be highly interested in your front offering. Just my .02, I think a 1.5 would be a good starting point. The 1" may be too subtle.

same here!
Old 09-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Crosis
Drifting

I don't agree with you... sounds like trying to leech someone else idea and try to get it cheaper. Kind of like: teach my tuner to tune my car because you charge too much.

Good Luck
No. Its more like since you did terrible job at tuning my car and charged a ridiculous price, I am going to have someone who knows how to tune properly do it.

I would agree with you fully if the other fenders were high quality and someone ripped off the design just to undercut the original maker. But thats not the reality here. If someone is making subpar parts they really dont deserve the protection for their design.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:39 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

The thing here is these are OUR fenders nothing at all was copied form L5. Their rears look ok, but to me their fronts don't look right, I prefer the more subtle blended in look than the bulgy flare that they offer. To each their own I guess, im just excited about these and can't wait to get a few out there.
The following 2 users liked this post by Quik Z06:
Crosis (09-09-2017), FYRARMS (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 10:18 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

I have two questions if you don't mind...

At the lower wheel well where the splash shield attaches, do these still attach like factory? It looks like that flange is still attached and that they do, but I just want to be clear.

If you stick your head into the wheel well on a stock C5 you'll see where around the wheel arch the inner fender fits tightly to the fender to create a seal if you will. This is at the outer edge of the fender, just inboard of the wheel opening lip it. Will this still fit tight?

I'd love to see installed pics of these areas if possible.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:53 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by oneandgone
I have two questions if you don't mind...

At the lower wheel well where the splash shield attaches, do these still attach like factory? It looks like that flange is still attached and that they do, but I just want to be clear.

If you stick your head into the wheel well on a stock C5 you'll see where around the wheel arch the inner fender fits tightly to the fender to create a seal if you will. This is at the outer edge of the fender, just inboard of the wheel opening lip it. Will this still fit tight?

I'd love to see installed pics of these areas if possible.
A splash shield should fit or be really close. Hard to say since these are custom and not 100% identical to oem.

Second question I'm assuming you mean the fender liner? There would be a gap as is, but I'm going to see if we can get a liner extension made for these. They are very easy to make, so wouldn't be an issue.
The following users liked this post:
oneandgone (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 08:50 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
A splash shield should fit or be really close. Hard to say since these are custom and not 100% identical to oem.

Second question I'm assuming you mean the fender liner? There would be a gap as is, but I'm going to see if we can get a liner extension made for these. They are very easy to make, so wouldn't be an issue.
It could be called that. I'm referring to the fiberglass inner fender panel which is glued to the frame. I'm sure we're talking about the same thing. I'd love to see how this area ends up.

I'm quite interested in these. I'm hoping that they are complete, meaning there isn't an area left incomplete like other manufacturers have on the rears. Typically the rears are left incomplete and with a gap between the factory plastic rear fender liner and the new quarter. It's my belief that flared rear quarter should really include a new plastic rear fender liner. That was the beauty of the LPE mini tub kit, they went to the trouble of making a very nice fender liner. Without it the kit wasn't really a kit.

For me lack of completion is a big turn off. I'm probably in the minority where I'd rather pay more for a very nice and very complete, high quality package opposed to saving a few bucks and leaving it unfinished all together or finishing out the missing components myself. Time is valuable for both of us after all.

Last edited by oneandgone; 09-10-2017 at 08:51 PM.
knewblewkorvette (09-11-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 01:53 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Yea I'm sure you mean the liner. My guy said he will try to make a liner extension, that's what a few of the other manufactures did for the rear fenders. You'd just rivet on the extension to the existing liner to extend it, to cover any gap.

Get notified of new replies

To Ok...Who's ready for flared front fenders?

Old 09-20-2017, 04:53 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

I will have more pics later today of the final product. Have been told they are predrilled and are straight as an arrow. Super excited these are finally done.

FYRARMS (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:09 PM
Crosis
Drifting

Damnit man! If I buy those, I need rear flares too! Then I need wider wheels. Wider tires. Oh dont forget a splitter and a diffuser to finish off the look. You did this to my wallet.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:30 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Not bolted down yet

The following 2 users liked this post by Quik Z06:
ferrmaro (09-21-2017), FYRARMS (09-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Ok...Who's ready for flared front fenders?