Sponsored by:

Slp sound alternative

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 AM
ZeeOh6vette
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Slp sound alternative

Hello I've been listing to exhaust systems on YouTube which probably isn't the most accurate way to get an idea but it's what I got I like the sound of the SLP loudmouth but obviously not gonna go there cause of the drone, so was wondering what would have the same sound and volume like it though? My car is stock so far I'm gonna also do headers, x-pipe, cai, and maybe a cam thanks
Old 03-08-2016, 12:35 AM
NoahGW
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drones not bad, I've had the SLP loudmouth on my daily driver C5 for about a year. My girlfriend falls asleep in the car sometimes. I recommend the exhaust system, best I've had. Otherwise bb bullets would be your next best bet
Old 03-08-2016, 01:55 AM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

I had to remove the SLP Loudmouths because there is no way that I could pass sound at Laguna Seca on low dB days. They are loud but sounded great....lightweight too.

I'm going to putting them up for sale, because of their design it's no problem shipping these UPS.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 AM
JargonGrinder
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
I had to remove the SLP Loudmouths because there is no way that I could pass sound at Laguna Seca on low dB days. They are loud but sounded great....lightweight too.

I'm going to putting them up for sale, because of their design it's no problem shipping these UPS.
Will be interested once you have them for sale.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM
ZeeOh6vette
Racer

Originally Posted by NoahGW
Drones not bad, I've had the SLP loudmouth on my daily driver C5 for about a year. My girlfriend falls asleep in the car sometimes. I recommend the exhaust system, best I've had. Otherwise bb bullets would be your next best bet
Hmm that's not what I've been reeding wish I could here it in person
Old 03-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,452 Likes on 14,055 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

See if you can find someone with a Corsa Sport/Indy Pace Car or a Corsa Extreme on thei car and listen to it. No drone there and I think they sound very good. I have the Indy Pace Car exhaust on mine.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:32 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeOh6vette
Hello I've been listing to exhaust systems on YouTube which probably isn't the most accurate way to get an idea but it's what I got I like the sound of the SLP loudmouth but obviously not gonna go there cause of the drone, so was wondering what would have the same sound and volume like it though? My car is stock so far I'm gonna also do headers, x-pipe, cai, and maybe a cam thanks
Most swear by Corsa as the best overall for sound and no drone (what I have on my Z06).

Borla has some sweet sounding exhaust as well.

Actually heard some nice comments about the XS Power exhaust. Cheap as well in comparison to Borla or Corsa.

Go to some Corvette events and listen first. Vids can give you an idea, but they are not going to give you an accurate depiction.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Sydwayz
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 201 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

SLP on mine, and I don't complain of a drone:

Old 03-08-2016, 06:25 PM
ZeeOh6vette
Racer

Thanks for the feed back everybody I'm not a fan of the corsa from what I can tell online the SLP sounds BADAZZ but I know it would make me unhappy cruising home after work in the summers I've noticed it seems to me the more aggressive the exhaust is the more drone problems you get maybe I'm wrong?? Anybody recommend b&b bullets is there any drone there??? Or any other manufactures that would be recommended that you know don't drone??? Again thanks
Old 03-08-2016, 10:27 PM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I have had the loudmouth's, B&B bullets, corsa indy, corsa titanium, ghl magnums, borla straights and the z06 ti's and I still come back to the loudmouths. They do drone, but to me it's worth it. The B&B bullets would be my second favorite. They may be more suitable for you. They sound nasty and don't have as much drone as the slp loudmouths. They are not as loud as the slp loudmouths, but they have a deeper sound.
The following users liked this post:
ZeeOh6vette (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 11:44 PM
ZeeOh6vette
Racer

Originally Posted by NVTHIS
I have had the loudmouth's, B&B bullets, corsa indy, corsa titanium, ghl magnums, borla straights and the z06 ti's and I still come back to the loudmouths. They do drone, but to me it's worth it. The B&B bullets would be my second favorite. They may be more suitable for you. They sound nasty and don't have as much drone as the slp loudmouths. They are not as loud as the slp loudmouths, but they have a deeper sound.

I know it's hard to explain but how bad is the drone on the bullets?? If you can at all explain? I don't track my car I usually just go back and forth to work and cruises on my days off when it's nice out so in the summer it's my dd by the way is your vette on stock bolts?
Old 03-09-2016, 12:12 AM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I know it's hard to explain but how bad is the drone on the bullets?? If you can at all explain? I don't track my car I usually just go back and forth to work and cruises on my days off when it's nice out so in the summer it's my dd by the way is your vette on stock bolts?
Too me the drone isn't bad at all with the bullets, but there is drone. With a 6spd you can shift around a lot of it as opposed to an auto. The slps can be too loud for those who use their cars for long distance drives. Try to attend some local car shows and see if you can get a ride with someone that has the bullets, cause it is hard to describe how the drone is. I also have a partition that helps cut a lot of the drone with my slps. That's another option if it gets to be too much.

My vette is on West Coast Corvette lowering bolts.

Last edited by NVTHIS; 03-09-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:40 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

I had SLP LM on my car for 1 day...the drone was unbelievable...never again. Some of you guys must be tone deaf...
Old 03-09-2016, 12:42 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
SLP on mine, and I don't complain of a drone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw5STaGbjBo

That's clearly not a loud mouth
Old 03-09-2016, 10:07 AM
ZeeOh6vette
Racer

Originally Posted by chassed
I had SLP LM on my car for 1 day...the drone was unbelievable...never again. Some of you guys must be tone deaf...
Can I ask what you got chassed?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:05 AM
NoahGW
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The SLP loudmouth is not near loud enough for me, so I have a bigger cam and open headers coming soon. It's really not bad at all, and my hearing is superb. Like I said, my girlfriend falls asleep in my car constantly.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:13 AM
RoninC5
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I have the Borla. Sounds fantastic but there is a bit of a drone at certain speeds but not at highway so much. Car just got a LOT quieter with new tires so it's relative. I may try and record.. A lot of guys in Colorado recommend Corsa but I like what I have enough not to toss what's installed for something new.. I also love the look.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Slp sound alternative

Old 03-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Sydwayz
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 201 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18

That's clearly not a loud mouth
Correct, the Loudmouth is basically straight pipes. I have small bullet mufflers, but it does sound fantastic IMHO.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:16 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NoahGW
The SLP loudmouth is not near loud enough for me, so I have a bigger cam and open headers coming soon. It's really not bad at all, and my hearing is superb. Like I said, my girlfriend falls asleep in my car constantly.

Lol to each their own!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 09:29 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I've been searching also for a different sound. I found these made by an American company in TX called Top Speed Pro 1. Reminds me of my 97 Camaro SS 30th Anniv w SLP pkg....Loudmouth exhaust without the expense.

Quick Reply: Slp sound alternative