Sponsored by:

New Zaino Believer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 04:59 PM
ATEEZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Zaino Believer!

Over the last couple months while my 04Z has been locked away, I have been treating it with Zaino’s two quick detailer/wax products. Prior to that it had a nice coat of wax. Well, now I’m a true believer…the weather broke so I decided to get her out for a couple days. Prior to putting her away I decided to just rinse her off at the car wash (no soap). There was brake dust on the wheels and some dust/grime all over the body, and some bugs that hit the front and windshield at over 100mph. All the surfaces I mentioned had a couple layers of the Zaino applied to them. Well, I’m a believer now because although I only used water to rinse it, EVERYTHING simply rinsed off. My wife was happy with the results as well and inquired about getting some for her car. The wheels and the rest of the car were spotless after the rinse and after a quick air dry; I wiped the remaining drops off and all done. The depth of the shine was still as it was prior to the couple days of driving.
I’m only putting this on here in case someone was on the fence regarding these products. I can’t speak for anything but these two but, if the others are of the same quality, I can’t imagine going wrong with Zaino. I love this stuff and a little bit goes a long way.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:11 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

Ive heard of a lot of alternatives...
...but I won all my NCCC shows using nothing but ZAINO.
It was good for protection and the shine grew deeper application after application.

I don't think you can go wrong with Zaino.

...oh and, for the interior, Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner after each clean! (smells like leather)
Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by ATEEZ
Over the last couple months while my 04Z has been locked away, I have been treating it with Zaino’s two quick detailer/wax products. Prior to that it had a nice coat of wax. Well, now I’m a true believer…the weather broke so I decided to get her out for a couple days. Prior to putting her away I decided to just rinse her off at the car wash (no soap). There was brake dust on the wheels and some dust/grime all over the body, and some bugs that hit the front and windshield at over 100mph. All the surfaces I mentioned had a couple layers of the Zaino applied to them. Well, I’m a believer now because although I only used water to rinse it, EVERYTHING simply rinsed off. My wife was happy with the results as well and inquired about getting some for her car. The wheels and the rest of the car were spotless after the rinse and after a quick air dry; I wiped the remaining drops off and all done. The depth of the shine was still as it was prior to the couple days of driving.
I’m only putting this on here in case someone was on the fence regarding these products. I can’t speak for anything but these two but, if the others are of the same quality, I can’t imagine going wrong with Zaino. I love this stuff and a little bit goes a long way.
Which two Zaino products did you use? I tried Chadwicks last year and really like it. Maybe I will try Zaino this year, if I can narrow it down to one or two of their products..
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,561 Likes on 14,116 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Zaino is a good product and that you are happy with it.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I've been using Zaino for 17 years. I've been detailing cars for 50 years. I could afford to buy anything. THe ease of application , the cost factor, and the final result is what catches my eye, and apparently a lot of people, every time I take my car out. There is not one day when I park my car, or stop for gas, where someone doesn't have something very positive to say if they make eye contact with me....I've owned a lot of new cars, ( 27) between me and my wife, and the ones I bought for my kids. I've owned this car for 17 years and it still makes me feel good. I still get way more compliments now, than when the car was new. I could go out and buy whatever I want, but why would I? The car still give me a woodie, Seems other get off on it as well... 17 years old with 100,000 miles an IM still seeing people taking pictures of it when parked somewhere.. Zaino has a lot to do with that. When people who do not know corvettes think its new, that must be suggested by the paint.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:19 PM
ATEEZ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-01
Which two Zaino products did you use? I tried Chadwicks last year and really like it. Maybe I will try Zaino this year, if I can narrow it down to one or two of their products..
I don't have the proper names or have them with me for reference but, I'm using the two that are just spray detailer or spray wax products. I believe they are numbers 6 and 8.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:28 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,676 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I've been using Zaino for 17 years. I've been detailing cars for 50 years. I could afford to buy anything. THe ease of application , the cost factor, and the final result is what catches my eye, and apparently a lot of people, every time I take my car out. There is not one day when I park my car, or stop for gas, where someone doesn't have something very positive to say if they make eye contact with me....I've owned a lot of new cars, ( 27) between me and my wife, and the ones I bought for my kids. I've owned this car for 17 years and it still makes me feel good. I still get way more compliments now, than when the car was new. I could go out and buy whatever I want, but why would I? The car still give me a woodie, Seems other get off on it as well... 17 years old with 100,000 miles an IM still seeing people taking pictures of it when parked somewhere.. Zaino has a lot to do with that. When people who do not know corvettes think its new, that must be suggested by the paint.
OMG

I use Zanio also, love the deep reflections you get with Zanio.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:47 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ATEEZ
I don't have the proper names or have them with me for reference but, I'm using the two that are just spray detailer or spray wax products. I believe they are numbers 6 and 8.
OK thanks.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

When I begin the Zaino regime on a newly acquired Corvette, I strip the wax, Z18 Clay Bar, then Z2 Pro and I let it sit 8hours (I do not use accelerator) and then remove. If minor swirl marks are visible then Z2 Pro and follow up with Z3 over the Z2 and then let sit 8hrs and remove. Then I would add layers of Z2 over the week daily. (I applied Z2 pro and removed next day and reapplied.) I use Z6 between the last Z2 pro applications and, also, on a recurring basis to clean the surface.
Now, there is Z8 Grand Finale™ Spray Seal, which I have not tried, but it is for those special excursions for more protection OR for that even deeper shine at those special shows. Z6 is still for the more frequent cleaning and shine enhancing.

Easy to apply over entire care on and easy off and buff with soft micro towel.

That's it....

Others may have varying methods, but I stick with what has worked for me.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:53 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StuzVette
When I begin the Zaino regime on a newly acquired Corvette, I strip the wax, Z18 Clay Bar, then Z2 Pro and I let it sit 8hours (I do not use accelerator) and then remove. If minor swirl marks are visible then Z2 Pro and follow up with Z3 over the Z2 and then let sit 8hrs and remove. Then I would add layers of Z2 over the week daily. (I applied Z2 pro and removed next day and reapplied.) I use Z6 between the last Z2 pro applications and, also, on a recurring basis to clean the surface.
Now, there is Z8 Grand Finale™ Spray Seal, which I have not tried, but it is for those special excursions for more protection OR for that even deeper shine at those special shows. Z6 is still for the more frequent cleaning and shine enhancing.

Easy to apply over entire care on and easy off and buff with soft micro towel.

That's it....

Others may have varying methods, but I stick with what has worked for me.
So how many Zaino products do you use. What's nice about Chadwicks is after you get you car clayed, polished and sealed, one bottle is all you need. I have had a few non Corvette people ask me if my car is new using Chadwicks..
Old 02-23-2016, 03:15 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

So how many Zaino products do you use. What's nice about Chadwicks is after you get you car clayed, polished and sealed, one bottle is all you need. I have had a few non Corvette people ask me if my car is new using Chadwicks..
Z6 Ultra Clean is a staple for maintaining the shine...
...I occasionally, layer Z2 and follow up with Z6.

I use Z7 show car wash to revitalize protection as it cleans...
...then Z6

It's not complicated...but then I went all out to receive 1st place and best of show at every NCCC show.

As the thread title says...[ATEEZ] is a new believer in Zaino. For me, I am STILL a believer in Zaino.

On the other hand, I would say that, if Chadwicks satisfies your needs, then stick with it.

Peace
Old 02-23-2016, 03:20 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StuzVette
Z6 Ultra Clean is a staple for maintaining the shine...
...I occasionally, layer Z2 and follow up with Z6.

I use Z7 show car wash to revitalize protection as it cleans...
...then Z6

It's not complicated...but then I went all out to receive 1st place and best of show at every NCCC show.

As the thread title says...[ATEEZ] is a new believer in Zaino. For me, I am STILL a believer in Zaino.

On the other hand, I would say that, if Chadwicks satisfies your needs, then stick with it.

Peace
So you credit Zaino for all your best of show awards? You don't think you would win them without it? I think you probably would.

I was at a show two years ago. There was another Magnetic red '01 there and he swore by Zaino. Parking mine next to him no one could tell any difference in our cars finish.

Last edited by JR-01; 02-23-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM
StuzVette
Cherish your Hopes...
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran

So you credit Zaino for all your best of show awards? You don't think you would win them without it? I think you probably would.
Thanks JR...
...could be.
While I'm not superstitious, I must consider that I won using a certain Zaino products and methods. Therefore, I have to think it could have, at least, contributed to the win.

btw...it was only a very very SMALL part of the preparation for shows anyway.

...AND this is why I DO NOT SHOW anymore. It was fun, but I'm done.
...just show and go.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin View Post

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
OMG

I use Zanio also, love the deep reflections you get with Zanio.

Here is a TMI for you knewblewkorvette... IM married 50 years, when my wife is feeling frisky, she says, why don't you go out in the garage and start your car
LOL Bill aka ET
Old 02-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Despicable Z
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I've been using Zaino for 7 years now on about as many different cars (yes...I have a problem... and it's amazing. I'll use Meguiars products to cut & polish and then the zaino to seal / wax and it's just awesome what it will do to the finish of a car!

Get notified of new replies

To New Zaino Believer!

Quick Reply: New Zaino Believer!