Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Calling 100k+ mile club

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 11:38 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I paid $15k for my 105k miles 2004 Z06. Long tube headers, Vararam intake, and a tune. 385rwhp. I am very happy with the car. I think for the money the C5 Z06 is the best sports car you can buy. When I buy a car I plan on driving it. If it breaks I will fix it. My future plans are to make the necessary mods to get 450rwhp. Since I bought the car I have removed the ridiculous aftermarket wheels, SLP loudmouth mufflers, and removed the the lowering hardware. The dummy didn't remove the bump stops in the rear shocks. The result was no shocks and the spring was pretty much straight. Nowt the spring has an arch again and the shocks work. I was amazed at how different it feels. I admit it looked cool and if he had done the job correctly and removed the bump stop I would have left it in place. His wham bam installation resulted in the polyurethane all but wore down to nothing on each side. I had hoped to sell the bolts for $20 until I examined the polyurethane damage.

Last edited by C4in mesa; 02-24-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:25 PM
oblivion5702
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my '03z with 120k miles on it about 6 years ago. I've only put it up to around 134k, but its been a great reliable car that I DD with except during winter. It did have a shift fork issue when I bought it, but after fixing that, the car hasn't had any serious issues. Runs great and drives great.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Z06 Mark
Cruising

Originally Posted by C4in mesa
I paid $15k for my 105k miles 2004 Z06. Long tube headers, Vararam intake, and a tune. 385rwhp. I am very happy with the car. I think for the money the C5 Z06 is the best sports car you can buy. When I buy a car I plan on driving it. If it breaks I will fix it. My future plans are to make the necessary mods to get 550rwhp. Since I bought the car I have removed the ridiculous aftermarket wheels, SLP loudmouth mufflers, and removed the the lowering hardware. The dummy didn't remove the bump stops in the rear shocks. The result was no shocks and the spring was pretty much straight. Nowt the spring has an arch again and the shocks work. I was amazed at how different it feels. I admit it looked cool and if he had done the job correctly and removed the bump stop I would have left it in place. His wham bam installation resulted in the polyurethane all but wore down to nothing on each side. I had hoped to sell the bolts for $20 until I examined the polyurethane damage.

Agreed, these cars are HUGE bang for buck. I didn't initially start my search for a weekend car with the Z06 because I assumed they were way out of my budget. Then I found that you could get a well maintained Z with some miles for a great price. Nothing else compared after that. I'm hooked now and definitely a Vette guy.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:18 AM
jbp8653
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

mY 02Z has 117k. Looks like a 25k mile car! Recently a cam lobe went bad and I decided to do a complete rebuild. The car was still on the original clutch! Underneath there is not a single oil spot. These are really great cars and will last a long time with proper care.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:13 AM
C6 Ilahi
Intermediate

2004 Z16 with 43k miles. Got it about 3 months ago and put 8k miles on it already!!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:03 AM
oldvtr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default "Only" 94K miles

Originally Posted by Z06 Mark
I just picked up my first Corvette this week, 2002 Z06 with 99k miles. Purchased it from the original owner who DD'd for the first 8 years he owned it. Car is in excellent shape and seems to run very strong. Only issues so far have been the fuel gauge diving to zero on the 1.5 hour drive home. 2 bottles of techron and a battery reset later and it hasn't happened again.

How have your high mileage Z's been for you? Any issues I should be watching for with higher miles? Maintenance recommendations?

Thanks!
Have had the normal C5 issues on my '02: fading HVAC display (re-soldered a few times), electric door looks quit unlocking (pulled door modules and replaced relays - cheaper by far than having dealer replace modules). Also replaced valves springs to be safe. Lost 5th & 6th gears at about 85 K miles so installed RPM trans and did clutch as same time. Have driven car all over the country and have done some track days - did it all and kept on ticking! Will drive it until age prevents me from getting in it.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Calling 100k+ mile club