Sponsored by:

Raise it back up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:12 AM
koolaid117
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raise it back up?

My 03 was lowered on the stock suspension when I got it a few weeks ago. However, I live in a somewhat rural area and the cowl drags on my driveway and on some of the roads that I drive. So I need to raise it back up to stock height. How do I do this? Do I need to put it on jack stands, take the wheels off and just tighten it back up? Any and all help appreciated.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:31 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid117
My 03 was lowered on the stock suspension when I got it a few weeks ago. However, I live in a somewhat rural area and the cowl drags on my driveway and on some of the roads that I drive. So I need to raise it back up to stock height. How do I do this? Do I need to put it on jack stands, take the wheels off and just tighten it back up? Any and all help appreciated.
If it is not a track only vehicle there is no reason to lower it. Low enough at factory height for street driving.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:40 AM
DDaaryl
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
If it is not a track only vehicle there is no reason to lower it. Low enough at factory height for street driving.

You may want to have the alignment checked after restoring it to it's PROPER height
Old 08-04-2015, 12:12 PM
lane_viper
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE
Maybe you read this wrong, but OP is needing help raising it back up, not thinking about lowering it. You post is of no help to him.

Here's a thread about lowing it on stock bolts, so I assume you just reverse the instructions.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ock-bolts.html
Old 08-04-2015, 12:33 PM
koolaid117
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_viper
Maybe you read this wrong, but OP is needing help raising it back up, not thinking about lowering it. You post is of no help to him.

Here's a thread about lowing it on stock bolts, so I assume you just reverse the instructions.

Thanks lane_viper, I did see that thread, but it doesn't say specifically and I just wanted some clarification.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:40 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_viper

My bad.

I see that I should have stated more clearly so that the OP would understand. He bought a car that is lowered and realizes it sucks to drive it on the street that way.

I did not tell him to lower it. I told him stock height is low enough. I thought that he could make the correlation that I thought was obvious.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:28 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 464 Likes on 374 Posts

I took off the side air dams and trimmed the middle one so we can drive the bit of ROCK road to our house and the voted #1 worst roads in America here is Oklahoma.......NO it doesn't get HOT because I trimmed the middle air dam...

Get notified of new replies

To Raise it back up?

Quick Reply: Raise it back up?