Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Evo 9 MR Seats in my c5z (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are these evo seats just the recaro sports series?
Old 08-06-2015, 09:51 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dagon138
Are these evo seats just the recaro sports series?
They're pretty close
Old 08-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Driver220
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
They're pretty close
I think the sport series have power adjustments along with adjustable thigh support, otherwise they're the same basic seat.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Tommy.C5
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These look incredible! Really not a fan of the seats in my '98 and have been entertaining th idea of something else.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:31 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I like the evo x recaros better, I'd like to try those in my car if I ever come across a set for a good price
Old 08-17-2015, 11:34 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver220
I think the sport series have power adjustments along with adjustable thigh support, otherwise they're the same basic seat.
There are regular Sport Series Recaro's...all manual
Then there are Recaro Sport Topline's...which have electric adjustments.

Interestingly, the topline's do not have the large adjuster wheel, and so MAY be easier to fit as the back is narrower.
Attached Images  
Old 08-18-2015, 12:43 PM
mmeawad
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

thanks to everyone who has documented this, it has been very valuable to me and I'm about to this to my 98 coupe. My question is if I use the stock track/base will the seat height be higher than the stock seats? Meaning will I loose any headroom? I'm 6'4 and I can't afford to loose headroom.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:36 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Installed Evo 9 MR Seats in my c5z (PICS)

Originally Posted by neutron82
I like the evo x recaros better, I'd like to try those in my car if I ever come across a set for a good price
I don't believe they fit
Old 09-12-2015, 02:29 PM
artinist
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I searched but didn't find anything about the EVO X seats. I think the reclining ring sits a bit higher than the evo 9 seat so it may clear the seat belt better. not to mention its a think its a more modern seat.

in the evo, the x and 9 seats are direct replacements, dimension wise they should not be any larger. has anyone looked into the possibility?

http://www.torquenews.com/sites/defa...?itok=zkDOwAWu

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/268/5ynw.jpg

Last edited by artinist; 09-12-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM
tracked01z06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this thread back from the dead, sorry boys.

OP, I am doing almost the same exact install but I am using the 2003 Evo VIII Recaro seats with Planted seat brackets.

My issue is that if I were to bolt the Planted bracket right up to the Evo VIII Recaro bracket & slider the Planted bracket slightly interferes with the slider lever arm (basically it partially depresses the arm, unless you have the seat far enough back).

Essentially, I'm asking did you just bolt your Planted brackets right up to the Evo Recaro seats or did you take the mounting brackets and/or slider mechanism from the stock Corvette seats and then bolt them to the Planet brackets? I am also having an issue with the seat belt buckle bracket. The tab on the Planted bracket gets caught on the Evo Recaro seat belt buckle bracket. Finally, do you have any idea on the hardware (bolts, washers, nuts, etc.) that you used for this install?

If anyone else has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a track day on November 8th and I'm trying to have these installed before then.

Thanks everyone!

-Bill

Last edited by tracked01z06; 10-27-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Driver220
Pro

Originally Posted by tracked01z06
Bringing this thread back from the dead, sorry boys.

OP, I am doing almost the same exact install but I am using the 2003 Evo VIII Recaro seats with Planted seat brackets.

My issue is that if I were to bolt the Planted bracket right up to the Evo VIII Recaro bracket & slider the Planted bracket slightly interferes with the slider lever arm (basically it partially depresses the arm, unless you have the seat far enough back).

Essentially, I'm asking did you just bolt your Planted brackets right up to the Evo Recaro seats or did you take the mounting brackets and/or slider mechanism from the stock Corvette seats and then bolt them to the Planet brackets? I am also having an issue with the seat belt buckle bracket. The tab on the Planted bracket gets caught on the Evo Recaro seat belt buckle bracket. Finally, do you have any idea on the hardware (bolts, washers, nuts, etc.) that you used for this install?

If anyone else has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a track day on November 8th and I'm trying to have these installed before then.

Thanks everyone!

-Bill
I know exactly what you're talking about with the sliders on the seats, that the seats cant be 100% slid back all the way. I was concerned about it, but it turned out not to matter. I centered the brackets on the seats the best I could, bolted them in with the allen bolts that were holding the OEM EVO sliders to their OEM bases, then used some nuts from home depot (with loctite and lock washers) to bolt them together. Once in the car, the position you want to keep the seats doesn't interfere with the slider bar. So, in short, I bolted the planted brackets right to the EVO sliders.

As far as the seatbelt goes, I cant quite remember what I did. Im 95% sure I used the stock C5 buckle assemblies (I bought a spare set off ebay because I like keeping all my stock parts) and bolted them to the EVO seats using the EVO seat belt bolt and some washers. I think I drilled out the C5 hole for the bolt and may have added a small hole in the EVO seat to accommodate the locking 'tab' that's part of the C5 buckle (prevents the buckle from moving too far one way or the other). I cut the tabs off the planted brackets because as you said, they interfere. Hope this helps!
Old 10-29-2015, 04:41 PM
tracked01z06
Advanced

Driver220,

Thank you for both the above post and the private message. I got my driver's seat installed last night following your directions. I am disappointed that I cut the tab off my Planted brackets (they really are very nice units), but I kept the tab so that if one day in the future I want to put actual race seats in my car I can simply have the tab welded back on. Still pains me to have done it though. I bolted the Planted bracket directly to the sliders on the Evo Recaros and just like you said it fit. You mentioned it was a tight fit in your post, that is an understatement! The adjustment **** on the side of the seat rubs (and not just a little!) against the lower seat belt point on the B pillar. The seat sits forward enough that, again just like you said, it does not interfere with the slider adjustment lever; that was a relief. I also hogged out the hole on the stock seat belt receptacle so that the stock Evo bolt could be used and sit flush against the bracket.

I haven't started / driven the car yet because I still need to install the passenger seat (tonight's project) but I was wondering what you did about the stock seat sensor. I was considering removing the wiring from the stock sensor and swap it over to the Recaro but if it doesn't cause a CEL or any safety issues then I may just leave it the way it is. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Driver220!
Old 10-29-2015, 04:54 PM
Driver220
Pro

Originally Posted by tracked01z06
Driver220,

Thank you for both the above post and the private message. I got my driver's seat installed last night following your directions. I am disappointed that I cut the tab off my Planted brackets (they really are very nice units), but I kept the tab so that if one day in the future I want to put actual race seats in my car I can simply have the tab welded back on. Still pains me to have done it though. I bolted the Planted bracket directly to the sliders on the Evo Recaros and just like you said it fit. You mentioned it was a tight fit in your post, that is an understatement! The adjustment **** on the side of the seat rubs (and not just a little!) against the lower seat belt point on the B pillar. The seat sits forward enough that, again just like you said, it does not interfere with the slider adjustment lever; that was a relief. I also hogged out the hole on the stock seat belt receptacle so that the stock Evo bolt could be used and sit flush against the bracket.

I haven't started / driven the car yet because I still need to install the passenger seat (tonight's project) but I was wondering what you did about the stock seat sensor. I was considering removing the wiring from the stock sensor and swap it over to the Recaro but if it doesn't cause a CEL or any safety issues then I may just leave it the way it is. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Driver220!
No problem! I left the harness disconnected, it doesnt throw any codes or anything like that. I think the memory settings no longer work, but at this point its only the mirrors...and its not like I let anyone else drive the car! As for the ****, check my post, I added that I got an aftermarket **** that solved that issue about 95%. Post some pictures of yours, Id love to see!
Old 11-27-2016, 07:47 AM
007Duc
Pro

Quick Reply: Installed Evo 9 MR Seats in my c5z (PICS)