Sponsored by:

new driver seat? Options??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:43 PM
ToplessVetteAt42
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new driver seat? Options??

Curious what folks have done about replacing a driver seat? The interior of my 01 vert is very nice overall, but the driver seat is not. It doesn't offer much support anymore, is worn looking, and the plastic plate on the side with the power controls is broken.

I guess I could look for one being parted out from another car, but are there any other good options?
Old 07-01-2015, 01:58 PM
I dream of vettes
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Several vendors offer a foam replacement kit. This with a new seat cover would be a reasonable option. I have heard good things about interior innovations products. Good quality without breaking the bank.

This is the option I will probably go with as my seats are quite worn as well. Contemplating some race seats thought so we shall see...
Old 07-01-2015, 06:14 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Your best bet is to replace the foam and seat covers..

with new covers of your choice. While it is possible to do the job yourself, it is a PITA job; and for a few hundred dollars more a professional shop will likely offer better results.
Also, in a pinch you can sometimes reverse the seats in your car and use the passenger seat until you decide to replace both seat covers and foam.

Get notified of new replies

To new driver seat? Options??

Quick Reply: new driver seat? Options??