Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor City Mold Hoods Are Back! VetteNuts now owns the molds!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
Hand deliver, No Lol
Yes, its like yours. I did replace the screen that the mcm comes with, it didnt fit well and color didnt match the C5Z screens
...NO?....damnit...
Offer still goes

Well here is actually what I said...

"Your Vette looks fantastic...

I recently bought an S/C high rise because I loved it better than the low rise MCM...but I got one of those also...
I really am looking for one like yours with the exposed center for my man cave and yours would be perfect...I got 2 walls left..."
I do not have one with the exposed CF on top YET...that is my goal...that is why I would buy yours...
Old 07-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Yello95
...NO?....damnit...
Offer still goes

Well here is actually what I said...

"Your Vette looks fantastic...

I recently bought an S/C high rise because I loved it better than the low rise MCM...but I got one of those also...
I really am looking for one like yours with the exposed center for my man cave and yours would be perfect...I got 2 walls left..."
I do not have one with the exposed CF on top YET...that is my goal...that is why I would buy yours...
Thanks, i wouldn't have minded either the low or the high as they are very hard to find (as you know). Mine is exposed CF in the middle as well as underneath, thats not black paint. $4K is tempting but $5 sounds even better but theres little chance of me delivering it and less in shipping. I shipped a Z28 hood and had every corner knocked off by the shipper despite crating it.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
One of the reason I no longer post here is because of ******** like you.. a clueless moron who know nothing about business or the manufacturing process.. MCM had four employees, and a shop that cost them several thousand dollars a month to keep the lights on. Just to make it clear.. Six 2K hoods does not make 12K a week in profit. Cost to manufacture an MCM hood was 900 dollars cost of materials and shop time over head. This did not include a payroll. Mike was not making money, but was driven with passion.. its the only Non OEM hood on the market that was DOT approved for impact compliance. I really should not try to educate an idiot.. because you do not have the capacity or the DNA to understand anything about the manufacturing process or R&D .. The sub frame of an MCM hood will break apart to insure no intrusion to the windscreen. But then you are clueless.. and would not understand even this simple concept If the best hood design on the market was such a no brainer, why is it that no one is making it... Paul tried to make the MCM hood after Mike Died and lasted about a year before realizing that there was no money to be made. Marc, tried to keep the legacy alive... he already had his hands full with his own business. He tried to get 4 different hood manufacturers to take on the job, but no one could make any money using the MCM process. So as far as your comments about manufacturing MCM hoods, you are a very challenged individual, not worthy to post in a forum on matters where you are clueless, ( People like you are the reason why I always say " Be very careful who you listen to here on this forum ". trash a good Vendor like Marc...by saying if you don't have the skills give up the molds and other hardware..so someone can make them.
No one had more passion for this project than me... I was the first to be offered these molds and process. After heavy discussion with Mike, there is no way to make money. Those of us lucky enough to own a MCM hood... we have the Only DOT CF heat extracting and approved hood, but what we never paid for was the passion that Mike put into each of these hoods. He gave that to us for free. So after going through a few dozen vendors trying to find someone wiling to continue this legacy.. No one is making them because they cost too much to produce.. all the MCM hood are two piece construction.. not some hand lay up single stage process. OK IM done....No one will make a genuine MCM again. using the same process. Its not an accident that every MCM hood came out of the crate..... yes a crate.. a wooden crate that cost about 100 dollars to build, and could be bolted directly to a C5 or C6 without any fitment issues. in 2000 it was required by the shipping company to have a crate. Those one piece CF hood that are mass produced, single stage layup, non Dot approved are in no way close to the same animal.

OH I forgot to mention... the car in your avatar???? the guy you are bragging to, could buy and sell ten of your cars on any single day.

Don't lose sight of just how small you actually are.. Drew.

Bill aka ET
Wow you sure cried and cried like a child . I didn't badmouth Marc, I made a valid point or you wouldn't be filling the thread with tears. If you're going to tell me MCM operated at a loss out of the good of his heart and expect me to believe that then you're much more clueless than I thought and I'm glad you stopped posting your higher than thou BS attitude. As others pointed out, it's easy enough to add $500 to the hood to ensure profitability. I'm sorry these guys can't make a fortune off the hood but not being economical is total BS.

Calling me small shows how little you know. If you only knew
Old 07-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,390 Likes on 14,024 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

This thread has turned into a pizzing contest with uncalled for name calling and hostility - with little benefit about an old topic. When and if someone decides to make an MCM hood again, a new thread can be created.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vetteman Jack:
Hirohawa (07-07-2017), Lilbluevette (07-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Motor City Mold Hoods Are Back! VetteNuts now owns the molds!