Sponsored by:

LED complete interior conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 04:54 PM
2000BC
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default LED complete interior conversion

I've changed the usual lights out so far on my 2000 FRC, mirror, footwells, door switches, and I have everything apart right now changing the DIC and HUD side panels on the dash. I would like to complete the job but I think the rest is over my head. Is it possible to do the dash cluster (speedo, tach, guages) and whatever else there is? Any other lights I'm missing? I know HVAC and Radio have been done before. Any service the forum can recommend for me to ship my parts to for a complete led conversion? Thanks!

Old 06-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,359 Likes on 14,010 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Contact the fine folks at JW Motoring. They offer LED conversions for the interior.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:16 PM
2000BC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Contact the fine folks at JW Motoring. They offer LED conversions for the interior.
Thanks! I will email them now. Anyone done the dash cluster? I don't recall ever reading a thread on that.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Higrpwd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished my DIC lights today. I don't think you can do the speedo and tach. From what I could tell by having all of it apart is,,, what looks like 2 black type lights on the sides of the unit that light up the speedo etc. You don't actually change out those lights. I have my radio bezel in with Dennis at DD right now so I figured it was a good time to tear this apart and finish my led lights and put the aluminum bezel rings in. I'm glad I did... it looks MUCH better! Its not as bad as it seems.. it did take a me a couple hours in all due to having to keep testing the DIC lights to get them working correctly. But now that its done I'm pretty sure I could do it all in about 45 min. I pulled up the instructions from Vette Essentials and kept the computer with me going step by step. Worked out well!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:27 PM
2000BC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higrpwd
I just finished my DIC lights today. I don't think you can do the speedo and tach. From what I could tell by having all of it apart is,,, what looks like 2 black type lights on the sides of the unit that light up the speedo etc. You don't actually change out those lights. I have my radio bezel in with Dennis at DD right now so I figured it was a good time to tear this apart and finish my led lights and put the aluminum bezel rings in. I'm glad I did... it looks MUCH better! Its not as bad as it seems.. it did take a me a couple hours in all due to having to keep testing the DIC lights to get them working correctly. But now that its done I'm pretty sure I could do it all in about 45 min. I pulled up the instructions from Vette Essentials and kept the computer with me going step by step. Worked out well!
Thanks for the info. So I guess it's a no-go with changing the speedo, tach, and guage lights to red leds. What kind of lights are they? Can't they be swapped like the HVAC and Radio lights?

Old 06-08-2015, 05:51 PM
01magnetic01
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The lights that you're talking about, like Higrpwd said, are actually black lights...tube style, so they're not interchangeable like the rest of the lights. If you decide to go with the aluminum trim rings they reflect a bit of that light which give off a bit of purple glow.

Get notified of new replies

To LED complete interior conversion

Quick Reply: LED complete interior conversion