Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Is the 01 really not as good

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

IMO newer is better...unless you find a pristine, low mile and/or very nicely modded '01 for the right money.

Find the right car based upon the important criteria (mileage, condition, mods, etc) then worry about the year, color, etc., second.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an '01 like Matt's above...especially if he gave it to me for like $20k! hint hint. LOL
Old 06-03-2015, 02:38 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan H.
Isn't there an oil blow by issue on '01s? Not sure if it's one of those 2% has this problem type of things.

That was my hesitation with an 01. Wasnt related to power or features for me.
wasn't really blow by, the engines maintained great compression. they just used barrel shaped rings which allowed a bit more oil into the chamber than some people liked. this ring design is actually better for all out racing. another drawback is that ring design doesn't typically go as many highway miles. before oil consumption starts becoming a problem.

GM changed to the street oriented design simply because so many old people associate using oil with a bad engine and complained about it

the irony...it didn't completely address the situation since 02-03 still use oil via the pcv if you spin them up
Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Moto.... My CF "virtual friend".
I'd love to meet you in person someday... I swear i'm gonna bring my GF out to Cali someday to Wine country and give you a shout...
Although I could always use $20K CASH in my pocket... We would have to discuss over a couple of bottles... I would need a "little" more than that even from you...lol

Originally Posted by MotoJB
IMO newer is better...unless you find a pristine, low mile and/or very nicely modded '01 for the right money.

Find the right car based upon the important criteria (mileage, condition, mods, etc) then worry about the year, color, etc., second.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy an '01 like Matt's above...especially if he gave it to me for like $20k! hint hint. LOL
Old 06-03-2015, 10:13 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Moto.... My CF "virtual friend".
I'd love to meet you in person someday... I swear i'm gonna bring my GF out to Cali someday to Wine country and give you a shout...
Although I could always use $20K CASH in my pocket... We would have to discuss over a couple of bottles... I would need a "little" more than that even from you...lol

LOL. Of course, hope to meet you sometime as well after all of the online back and forth over the years. If you and your lady ever come out, you had better hit me up! We're wino's and also enjoy industry/inter-winery discounts...hint, hint.

We'll get you real sauced and then talk about price.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:16 PM
XotiK ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
Yes they're much worse. They're also much uglier too.

Hideous.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Is the 01 really not as good