Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] buying a Z with previous body damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default buying a Z with previous body damage?

looking at a Z that had some right side (no more description available) damage early on in its life. Like, less than 8k miles at the time. its upwards of 60k now. Looks GREAT.

anything I should look for? I assume all suspension related things that may have been effected have long been worked out. What can I check on the body to see what all was replaced? How does this effect the value? Info is on carfax.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:21 AM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 165 Posts

I wouldn't be that concerned.. carfax is pretty reliable. If there was frame damage 99% of the time Carfax shows that. Otherwise being fiberglass its just replace this and that and paint. My old Z (in Torch Red) front bumper when I bought mine in 2008 was replaced in a small collision when I bought it from what the carfax showed. Couldn't tell although that was with 4K miles on the odometer. Just my thoughts man. I'd say go for it if it drives fine and have it checked by an independent trusted mechanic first if you feel the need!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 AM
2TONE82
Melting Slicks

Received 317 Likes on 135 Posts

Unfortunately mine was in a minor accident a few years back resulting in a new front bumper. I took pictures at all stages of repair to document should I ever sell the car. Also have the paperwork showing GM replacement parts...you should ask for same from current owner.

Get notified of new replies

To buying a Z with previous body damage?

Quick Reply: [Z06] buying a Z with previous body damage?