Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably Dumb question, but where do young ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Wisdom
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 11 years and 150k+ miles, my drivers seat is shot and needs to be replaced. So I'm not worried about the car seat on the passenger side for the younger ones. (Disable the airbag too.) The thing you need to worry about is when they get more cantankerous than the wife and decide to kick the dash. So depending on the kid, that may be something to think about (or establish a no shoe zone when their feet can hit the dash). I don't do it with the rear facing car seat since they are bigger and the kids are too young to enjoy the ride (looking at the dash, or out the window, or roof). I've got 9 grandkids now - they are all great and they do love the car! Their rides are limited to short store runs or to bring them back to their homes.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 AM
doc_cj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone who posted very good comments, even the goofy ones. I'm lucky in the sense that I did find airbag disconnect, and the car seat does fit around backwards so he can be strapped in OK. I just wasn't sure if there was other legal options and from the comments doesn't appear anyone knows of one. For what it's worth, I spoke with both the local Washington state trooper and a police officers In one oh the local clubs. They said pretty much what others suggest strap the seat in backwards, strap it in with seatbelt and drive safe.

Like a lot of you, I do remember the days of riding around in the back of a pickup truck or on the gas tank of my dads BSA. my pop was the one to get me involved. But I couldn't see myself doing something stupid regardless of whether its legal or not. So finding an option is so far not an option. I can still fan the young flames of his interest, though. I want to get him involved early Because he has so much interest already the little man already know how to hand me a wrench, just not always the correct one.

By being in the car backwards he can see me, with the top off he will see the sky, and hear that beautiful burble from the exhaust. He will also get to experience the feeling of a little speed and some good cornering. Of course he'lol also see grandpas great big grin mostly because i know im helping to develop a new car buddy in the family.

Quick Reply: Probably Dumb question, but where do young ....