Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most beautiful Corvette made

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:10 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

My C4 as well. I seriously question the sanity of those who hate on the C4 since a very well maintained one is a fine looking car that set the world on fire when it was introduced and then banned from racing circuits due to the unfair advantage it had beating the crap out of all the other brands on the tracks.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:34 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

I saw a red C4 yesterday, it was lowered and it looked fantastic.

I also love the look of a clean C4!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

The C4 turned my head when it first came out. Some of them are quite attractive, but the competition is stiff!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:49 AM
eevette2001
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only things I never liked about the C4 was the GIANT door sill and the tacky looking dash. Loved the clam shell hood and the body lines were nice.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 AM
amtronic1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

FTW 1963 split window coupe is above all other Corvettes.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:55 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Whenever I see a bone stock C4, I think of Keystone beer, Slimjim's, mullets and fanny packs. Kidding.

A nicely modified one still looks cool from the outside. The interior however looks sooo incredibly dated. I was disinterested in Corvette for a long time because I never really liked the C4. Once the C5 came out, I was hooked.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:06 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

So dated that the c7 styled it's interior after the late c4 interior ? The early c4 I can understand it reminds me of the Commodore 64 days and Atari days it's downright hideous. The late c4 I don't find very dated at all. Mostly analogue with a digital cluster that is still used today in many cars.

As for the getting in and sills.. Again... I love it . I don't need a c5/6/7 being super easy to get into .. Ruins the fun. I like my old exotic cars and they're a pita to get inside as well. Easier entry, smooth , quiet, super duper large trunk.. My second car performs those duties admirably. I don't need my soecial sports car doing the same. But.. That's what the corvette has evolved Into.. The one size fits all underwear sports car for Amarica. Not that it isn't doing a fine job at it.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:10 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 619 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
So dated that the c7 styled it's interior after the late c4 interior ? The early c4 I can understand it reminds me of the Commodore 64 days and Atari days it's downright hideous. The late c4 I don't find very dated at all. Mostly analogue with a digital cluster that is still used today in many cars.

As for the getting in and sills.. Again... I love it . I don't need a c5/6/7 being super easy to get into .. Ruins the fun. I like my old exotic cars and they're a pita to get inside as well. Easier entry, smooth , quiet, super duper large trunk.. My second car performs those duties admirably. I don't need my soecial sports car doing the same. But.. That's what the corvette has evolved Into.. The one size fits all underwear sports car for Amarica. Not that it isn't doing a fine job at it.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 PM
SuperVetteC5
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Whenever I see a bone stock C4, I think of Keystone beer, Slimjim's, mullets and fanny packs. Kidding.

A nicely modified one still looks cool from the outside. The interior however looks sooo incredibly dated. I was disinterested in Corvette for a long time because I never really liked the C4. Once the C5 came out, I was hooked.
My feelings exactly. I don't hate on the C4, just not GM's best effort. The guys who have them and make them a beautiful car are to be commended. Really all corvettes are cool in their own way.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:24 AM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I LOVE the 94-96 interior..it's the main thing I prefer over my C5..cockpit style and the wide sport seats are better IMO
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2015, 10:35 AM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure who's car this is but it's one of the most beautiful C5's I've seen with its candy apple red paint job
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Corvette#2
Safety Car

Received 394 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
I do find it surprising that most people hate c4s as much as they do. But, in the end it really shows how awful their taste is in design. Even Paul Frere called the late c4 timeless. I think the early c4s really caste a dark shadow on the whole generation.
Is there really that dramatic of a difference between an early and late C4 ? Obviously the rear bumper and tailights but anything else ? I've never seen them side by side, but from all other angles, they look very similar to me. I don't see how someone could love one and hate the other.

The blue C4 looks good in your comparison, but the perspective is not anything you'd see in real life. It's like angled up from the ground instead of a straight profile shot.

To each their own, but in real life standing next to the car, I think the wider body and curviness of a C5 is more interesting than the long, flat looking C4. In many ways, C5 coupes remind me of C3s. But to my eye, C4s don't evoke any vintage corvette models. Maybe that's why some think they are timeless ?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:29 PM
OneCylinder
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

My second favorite style is the '56-'60 C1. I'm not crazy about the '53-'55 look and I don't like the rear of the '61 and '62 that became the C2 rear. I like it on the C2. The C2 is the best style in my opinion, uniquely Corvette it's a combination race car/space ship, just won't go out of style. C3 the early chome bumper ones are beautiful, style went downhill from there. C4 what can you say, they have that eighties styling where all cars were ugly and that molding on the sides going from front to rear, egads. C5, the heavens opened up and the angles blasted their trumpets, a new ara and GM finally enters the realm of supercardom. Timeless styling and a rear transaxle. C6 is like a C5 1/2, not quite as good looking. C7 is a good looking car with advanced technology but it's a little big and a little heavy. It's better looking than a C4.

Last edited by OneCylinder; 03-14-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:10 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by F&Yb0dluvr
Not sure who's car this is but it's one of the most beautiful C5's I've seen with its candy apple red paint job
Is the front end something that can be purchased or is it a 1 off? Awesome looking I think.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,111 Likes on 6,188 Posts

Originally Posted by calguy
Looking at all the pics in this thread,I thought about a small concern with the front design of the C6 and C7.
Where , in those states that require 2 license plates, does the front plate mount on a C6 or C7 without looking absolutely stupid, and out of place?
Some states are a real pita when it comes to enforcing the two plate law.
The older generations had a place to mount the front plate, even though most never use it.
On the C6 and C7 I don't see anywhere a front plate would be mounted.
Bob.
The C7 actually has two different front plate mounts, but there is only one that does not totally spoil the front end:

Chevy calls it the aero plate and state that it is "not for mounting a license plate" because it is too low for some states. Regardless, it has indentions that perfectly align with the plate screw holes and it mounts to the grill with 2 fasteners that require only a screwdriver to lock into place.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:25 AM
SeattleVette
Advanced

This is an interesting topic. A couple of thoughts..

1.) I've only owned my C5 for about 3 years. I ended up buying a 2700 mile millennium yellow roadster. It was more than I wanted to pay, but I really wanted a yellow roadster all my life and for me, this was the best example I could find. I considered paying $5K or so less to get other color C5s with higher mileage. Now I look back and think I was nuts to even consider buying something I wouldn't have been as happy with.

2.) My wife has been interested in the C7s, so we toyed with the idea of buying one. After visiting a couple of dealers, it was clear that we would have to pay about $65K or more to get a glass top car with the package we wanted (even more for a roadster). While she loves the C7, for me it is more of a "nice to have" fad. I still love my yellow C5 and there is no way I value a C7 at $40K or so higher value than my car.

3.) You would think on a C5 forum, that C5s would rule as the most attractive vehicle. For me, the C5 is the best looking of the modern era cars, but the C1 and C2 cars are the most attractive overall. The problem is they just aren't practical if you want to take them on a vacation and my wife whines and complains at the lack of amenities. Besides, I also have a 60s era car. At some point my tastes may switch to a C7... it's still growing on me.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:31 PM
snuggy
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BamaJ
I'm sure GM has already enlisted your services to commence preliminary design work for the next generation C8?

BTW...your round tail lights below are not mounted straight. The left
ones are lower than the right. Also, the license plate "niche" is way off center.

GM won't like that.
sour grapes??

Get notified of new replies

To Most beautiful Corvette made

Old 06-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by F&Yb0dluvr
I LOVE the 94-96 interior..it's the main thing I prefer over my C5..cockpit style and the wide sport seats are better IMO
You just have to be a small man with limber limbs to get in and out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by jcsperson
One's taste has nothing to do with thinking outside the box.

BTW, the car you pictured has several elements that mitigate the ugliness of the C7's rear end. First, it's black which minimizes the contrast between the black valence and the body paint. That view becomes more hideous as the body color gets lighter. The darkness masks some of the curious styling quirks back there. The oversized fender flares are a bit overdone, but at least they break up the slab-sidedness of the base C7.

I think ultimately the best-looking C7 will be a black Z06 for exactly those reasons. It'll probably look best at dusk when the shadows soften all the sharp, disjointed angles on the car.

I like all vettes but I'm not a big fan of the C 7 but you are right a friend of mine has an all black 2015 Z O6 and it's AWESOME !!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 12:24 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

The interior however looks sooo incredibly dated.
You mean like 31 years dated?

The 84-90 instrument panels are unique.
The 80's were an awkward time in US automotive design.
Japanese cars were ruling the roost and designers were taking chances.
Computer games/arcades were trending the designs.
You say Atari, I say BattleStar Galactica!

And the C4 returned our marque to performance status after a ten year C3 hiatus.

My favorite is the C5 FRC and 62 Roadster.
Least favorite the 81.

Quick Reply: Most beautiful Corvette made