Sponsored by:

AC Blows Hot in pass side

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
jag71usa
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Default AC Blows Hot in pass side

I've read the posts here about pulling fuse 27, clearing codes in DIC etc. Nothing works. Still blows hot air on pass side. Driver side is cool but not cold...When I clear the DIC codes, I get 4 codes in HVAC: B0361; B0367;B0441 and B0446. I clear them then start the car and AC but no change. I look up the codes again, immediately, and the 4 codes show up again after just having cleared them. I pulled fuse 27 last nite. Left it out for about 15 minutes. No change. Anybody have any idea as to what may be going on? I am perturbed by the fact that I've cleared the codes several times and immediatlety they show up again.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I had the same issue, But the left side was warm, I had to replace the blend door actuator and it works great now.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by jag71usa
I've read the posts here about pulling fuse 27, clearing codes in DIC etc. Nothing works. Still blows hot air on pass side. Driver side is cool but not cold...When I clear the DIC codes, I get 4 codes in HVAC: B0361; B0367;B0441 and B0446. I clear them then start the car and AC but no change. I look up the codes again, immediately, and the 4 codes show up again after just having cleared them. I pulled fuse 27 last nite. Left it out for about 15 minutes. No change. Anybody have any idea as to what may be going on? I am perturbed by the fact that I've cleared the codes several times and immediatlety they show up again.
Needs freon
Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Originally Posted by Camjamsdad
Needs freon
If it needs Freon wouldn't it have warm air on both sides? Not just 1?
Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
If it needs Freon wouldn't it have warm air on both sides? Not just 1?
Nope. I figure you'd know that as long as you've been on the board.

The way it was explained to me was the dual air system cools the passenger side from the top of the evaporator, the drivers from the bottom. When the freon is a little low the evaporator is cold on the bottom and warmer on the top. A simple add a can with a guage is all you need. Well documented here on the forum over the years
Old 09-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Originally Posted by Camjamsdad
Nope. I figure you'd know that as long as you've been on the board.

The way it was explained to me was the dual air system cools the passenger side from the top of the evaporator, the drivers from the bottom. When the freon is a little low the evaporator is cold on the bottom and warmer on the top. A simple add a can with a guage is all you need. Well documented here on the forum over the years

I guess I learned something new today, All the reading over the years I have never read that anywhere, Thanks for the new info.
Also is that your car in your avatar?

I am still wondering about this, Having just taken my hvac apart, There is only 1 indash cooling condenser for the left and right which is the same temp, What controls the temp is a left and right blend door, Not saying you are wrong, But I don't see it happening the way the in the dash cooling condenser is designed.

Last edited by Mr.Bill; 09-11-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:40 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the above, needs some freon
Old 09-11-2014, 09:54 PM
dauis2
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jag71usa
I had the same problem with a 2006 Eclipse (no boos). The left side was cool and the right side was warm. Eventually both sides went warm. It needed freon. Luckily no leaks.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:01 PM
clem_acc
1st Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to fix that on mine. I would bet it is the Blend Door.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

I would like you guys that say it is low on Freon to explain to me how that is if the left side is cold and both sides use the same cooling condenser? Help me to understand this..
It is driving me nuts to try to figure it out.
My thinking is this, If it was low it would be warm on both sides and not just 1.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

I would like you guys that say it is low on Freon to explain to me how that is if the left side is cold and both sides use the same cooling condenser? Help me to understand this..
It is driving me nuts to try to figure it out.
My thinking is this, If it was low it would be warm on both sides and not just 1.
I tried googling up an answer. What I found is it's a common issue in a whole bunch of makes and models. What I didn't find yet is a simple explanation.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 AM
FLrealty
Instructor

Try this. IT DOES WORK FOR ME. Disconnect the battery overnight. At least a good 12 hours. Reconnect the next day and hopefully problem solved. I had similar problem while installing my car audio and another time when my battery died. If nothing else it's a free and easy. Good luck.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Elizabeth City Vette
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by clem_acc
Had to fix that on mine. I would bet it is the Blend Door.
I agree, the blend door is the likely problem here.

Originally Posted by FLrealty
Try this. IT DOES WORK FOR ME. Disconnect the battery overnight. At least a good 12 hours. Reconnect the next day and hopefully problem solved. I had similar problem while installing my car audio and another time when my battery died. If nothing else it's a free and easy. Good luck.
I think this is because the gears that operate the blend door actuator have a bad spot on them and when you remove power for a period of time (only had to remove the battery cable for 5 minutes on mine) it causes a reset to the ac temperature control system and the gears will likely line up on the other side of the bad spot and all is good. At least until it resets again anyway. Mine had this issue and has worked now for the last 3 months after the reset. I did have to do the reset routine twice before it got the bad spot out of the way so if it doesn't fix it the first time, try again.
Hopefully this will work for you jag71usa, if not, nothing lost.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Borntorun04/17
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 622 Posts

About a month ago I had codes BO361 BO441 left actuator bad to ground. Codes kept showing up after clearing. Mine was having warmer air on one side and less air force coming out of warm side than cooler side. Dealer said they had to relearn computer on car and have not had a problem sense they relearned system. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you mention on the codes if they have an H or C after them?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Blue Thunder
Safety Car

Cruise-In I Veteran
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Does anyone know if this battery disconnect solution works for the defrost? My A/C leaks into defrost mode even when I do not select it....and it then condenses outside and I lose visibility. Problem started about 3 months ago....unprovoked.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:41 AM
mhanley
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same issue, But the left side was warm, I had to replace the blend door actuator and it works great now.
I agree it needs an actuator that's your problem.

Mike
Old 09-15-2014, 09:16 AM
92GA
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by dauis2
I had the same problem with a 2006 Eclipse (no boos). The left side was cool and the right side was warm. Eventually both sides went warm. It needed freon. Luckily no leaks.
It had to have a leak, if you had to add gas. The system doesn't use the gas up, it leaks it out.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Blows Hot in pass side

Quick Reply: AC Blows Hot in pass side