Sponsored by:

C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 PM
The_Gray_Ghost
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phrankw
He probably didn't need to add "racist" and just kept your remarks as "stereotyping". It's just to some of us Texans, we're as insulted when you make stupid or ignorant claims about us as a Black is when you do the same about them. To a Black its racism and to a Texan its stereotyping. I was referring to the latter myself.

You made several claims that are incorrect and I simply showed you the error of your ways. Don't want to pack, then don't. Just don't stop me if I want to. Both are freedoms we both share.

Now, lets go drive our cars and smile.
His use of the word "racist" had no merit, and you know that clearly.

As for showing me the error of my ways, I don't see how. You got one guy out of millions who decided to do something.

However, I live here...I know how utterly pointless it is to try and talk guns, football, and politics with people here. It's impossible.

Maybe people who don't live here could be considered making stupid, uninformed comments...but I have lived here most of my life and I've seen enough "Come and take it", "You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas", "Rolling Coal", "Salt Life", and Dixie flag stickers to tell you exactly what kind of people you are dealing with here. But I'm not even going to get into it, like I said.

So yeah, time to go for a drive.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daily carry , usually Sig 290 9mm, (although summer heat LCP in pocket sometimes/sometimes on fobus owb, winter toss up G19 or PX4sc, right hip/IWB so it goes with me when I get out, also have a flat safe under driver seat for extras and to put it away when needed, left inside ankle holster not bad with jeans and very reachable for my right hand, also use compression under shirt carry occassionaly with light shirt over which overall may be the most comfortable while being ready, any of them fit right next to me just behind the seatbelt latch using a spare pocket sleeve to keep finish in good shape
Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 PM
phrankw
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Gray_Ghost
His use of the word "racist" had no merit, and you know that clearly.

As for showing me the error of my ways, I don't see how. You got one guy out of millions who decided to do something.

However, I live here...I know how utterly pointless it is to try and talk guns, football, and politics with people here. It's impossible.

Maybe people who don't live here could be considered making stupid, uninformed comments...but I have lived here most of my life and I've seen enough "Come and take it", "You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas", "Rolling Coal", "Salt Life", and Dixie flag stickers to tell you exactly what kind of people you are dealing with here. But I'm not even going to get into it, like I said.

So yeah, time to go for a drive.
Yep, I only posted 1 guy but if you go to Youtube or google it, you'll find story after story after story all over our great land where a CC helped stop a crime. I just didn't want to fill up a page with them all. I can if you want me to however. You said there had never been 1 and I showed you one. That is an error and it proved you wrong (or uninformed).

If you're ever up in the DFW area I'll give you the Corvette wave. We don't have to agree on everything. We can just agree that our cars rock!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

wow ... this thread got unraveled in a hurry , never can understand anyone arguing against my absolute rights, if you dont want your rights dont use them, but leave mine alone, thanks
Old 08-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Racist, lets see here. Your eluding to Texans being gun toting rednecks I mean its pretty obvious.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Wolfe
For serving our country! I don't think anyone was trying to "force" you to carry a gun. I promise not to shoot you and I think most of the others will avoid shooting you! You seem like a nice enough fellow to me!
Thanks, bro. I was referring more to the "open carry" crowd, I just think it's funny to me when people talk about carrying concealed. It seems like a lot of people that carry concealed like to announce that they are doing so.

Sort of defeats the purpose of "concealed".

I mean, why not build out something like this?

Old 08-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default This doctor put his job on the line to save dozens

This doctor was a licensed to carry doctor. His workplace was a no weapon zone. This guy came in to kill the doctor, the patient choice to shoot his caseworker in the head first, which gave the doctor a chance to draw his concealed weapon and put three into his chest while sustaining a head wound. the Bad guy had 40 rounds of ammunition on him.
If that doctor was not carrying and no one on the grounds was carrying ( no gun zone ) this guy could have easily completed his mission to kill 40 people,

This just happened locally a few weeks ago.

http://www.ocalapost.com/doctor-saved-lives-with-a-gun/

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 08-21-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:50 PM
BamaJ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they really want to impress their CC buds, might as well go all out.

I knew I should have bought a vert.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
Thanks, bro. I was referring more to the "open carry" crowd, I just think it's funny to me when people talk about carrying concealed. It seems like a lot of people that carry concealed like to announce that they are doing so.

Sort of defeats the purpose of "concealed".

I mean, why not build out something like this?

This picture looks like a big grin for the District attorney in the effort to convict you on what could be a justified shooting. Assault rifle, Automatic pistol and boxes of Ammo in the cab. That picture just might say more about you then you might want to display.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:00 PM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
This picture looks like a big grin for the District attorney in the effort to convict you on what could be a justified shooting. Assault rifle, Automatic pistol and boxes of Ammo in the cab. That picture just might say more about you then you might want to display.
Does look "over the top", those Amish in PA must be tough.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

I keep my G29 10MM in the center console and when im driving I usually have it on the passenger seat with a hat over it.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zdeckich
I keep my G29 10MM in the center console and when im driving I usually have it on the passenger seat with a hat over it.
Sounds like a great idea, especially if your in an accident-having a gun flying around inside the car.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RockyMtC5
+1, why would anyone need to drive around their corvette with a gun?
An Amish might try to jack it, that's why.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 AM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
An Amish might try to jack it, that's why.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:02 AM
xX_jester_Xx
Cruising

Love how everyone feels the need to impose their opinion when the TS simply asked for suggestions to solve a problem he's having. Like threads discussing other mods, if you don't have something to offer, just move along.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:01 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Automatic pistol, huh?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 3boystoys
Sounds like a great idea, especially if your in an accident-having a gun flying around inside the car.

Where do you live, Bagdhad ZD?

I'd hate to get in an argument with you at a stoplight!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY

Old 08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Automatic pistol, huh?
you have a question about the multi shot ( magazine installed )automatic pistol, as oppose to a 5 shot or 6 shot revolver? There is an automatic multi shot ( 12 to 16 round ) hand gun on the lid of that box... together with the assault rifle and the boxes of Wolf and Winchesters ammunition.
Now what is your huh question?

http://www.sigsauer.com/catalog/pistols.aspx
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

you have a question about the multi shot ( magazine installed )automatic pistol, as oppose to a 5 shot or 6 shot revolver? There is an automatic multi shot ( 12 to 16 round ) hand gun on the lid of that box... together with the assault rifle and the boxes of Wolf and Winchesters ammunition.
Now what is your huh question?

http://www.sigsauer.com/catalog/pistols.aspx
I know, I know and I get it...however unless you pull that pistol trigger once and it keeps firing until you release the trigger...then it's not really an "automatic".

It's really a semi-auto.

Splittin' hairs but there are very few truly automatic/machine pistols on the market. IMO it's important for gun owners to not spread the FUD and misinformation that is rampant in the anti-gun crowds.

They say the same thing about "automatic assault weapons" used in shootings...when they're really semi-auto's. They make it sound like we all own "full clip spraying machines of death...that shoot 30 rounds in like 2 seconds". Drives me nuts.

I prefer to be carefully accurate/responsible when speaking of firearms.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

by request in a C3 we are working on
Gun safe we installed in the floor

Quick Reply: C5 Concealed Carry Pics ONLY