Sponsored by:

Irritated beyond belief: Service Column Lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Norm07
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CarriageTownVette
Okay, so after all that I put the roof down in preparation for the long test drive. When I started it up, I got the "pull key, wait 10 seconds" message. I did so while I forced myself not to contemplate suicide. About 15 seconds later, started right up, no issues. I tested by going back and forth in the driveway to make sure it wouldn't crap out. I then drove 74 miles over 2-1/2 hours, but dared not shut it off (even while I had to wait for a draw bridge). Got home, shut it down, restarted, no issues. Thoughts?
Welcome to my world....same situation, had the pull key , service column lock blah blah blah warning. All recalls done, steering wheel did not lock. 2 mph fuel shut down. Installed the LMC5, as per the instructions. Same situation as you described. The warning was still there, as was the fuel shut down. Pulled the key, restarted and all was good, until the car sat for a while.

Called Richard at Compliance and he confirmed my car, (2000 automatic) probably was one of the small minority that needed the extra step in the install procedure. BTW, kudos to Richard, great customer service!

There are instructions on I believe page 2 to replace the green wire on the large connector with the brown wire from the LMC5, then cut the little brown wire loop (second brown wire) that comes out of the LMC5. So today I did the above step, put it back together and spent the better part of the afternoon/evening on a 100 mile tour, stopping and starting a bunch of times with no issues. All fixed

Quick Reply: Irritated beyond belief: Service Column Lock