Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Weather Strip

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'13-'14

Default Help with Weather Strip

I had the front windshield piece and both top pieces replaced with OEM parts ( I know $$$$$ but did the aftermarket before and they were crap ) from Gene Culley. Shop says they have adjusted the window screws to the limits but it still does not fit properly and I no longer drive the car because the wind noise gives me a bloody headache. Any suggestions on how to align the two pieces in the photos?
Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================ From Toronto ================ 9/11/01 FDNY 343 R.I.P.
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Anyone?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 PM
93065Z06
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFIN90
Anyone?
There's got to be someone who can help! I have the same problem, For now I just turn up the radio!!!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:13 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Mine leaks a little in a really hard rain but very very little wind noise. Is there anyway to get something underneath the weather stripping to make it protrude out closer to the window, something like a shim of sorts. I think the top can be adjusted a little also. This is a coupe we are talking about isn't it? I know my glass or acrylic top didn't lead hardly any water even when I ran it thorough a high pressure wash, (just did it the once to see if it would leak right after I bought the car) but now the hard top as said about leaks a little bit in a really hard rain. I have read on this forum on how to adjust the top. Is the wind noise worse on one side or does both leak. U may can adjust top from side to side a little and remove some of the noise but with any top U can remove and replace it will leak a little at some point and time. If it bothered me that bad and I couldn't stand to drive it I would definately shim the molding or put a strip of weather stripping from lowes or HD or somewhere on the window and just not let the window down until I found someone who could fit my problem. A good body shop can fit it I bet but the key word is GOOD. I hope U get resolution I know that wind noise and wate suck. Let us know how it ends up.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 PM
ScumOne
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Your shop has screwed up on the installation. Here are pics of my 2004 that just got new windshield, targa, and B pillar rubber w/s installed. As you can see compared to yours, the rubber meets up flush at the joints. You also appear to have a hole in your winshield rubber in the corner that mine doesn't. Past that it looks like your targa rubber isn't positioned correctly to meet the "V" of your windshield rubber cutout.

Tell them to try again.

2004 winshield to targa weatherstripping pic.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:18 PM
FFIN90
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by ScumOne
Your shop has screwed up on the installation. Here are pics of my 2004 that just got new windshield, targa, and B pillar rubber w/s installed. As you can see compared to yours, the rubber meets up flush at the joints. You also appear to have a hole in your winshield rubber in the corner that mine doesn't. Past that it looks like your targa rubber isn't positioned correctly to meet the "V" of your windshield rubber cutout.

Tell them to try again.

2004 winshield to targa weatherstripping pic.
Thanks for the photo, I will take it to the shop to show them and say "try again".

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Weather Strip

Quick Reply: Help with Weather Strip