Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 injector o rings for LS2 throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:29 PM
anykeys
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 injector o rings for LS2 throttle body?

Did a search and can't find the answer so I need help.

Swapping an LS2 throttle body onto my LS1 engine using LS1 style red top injectors. The LS2 is made for a larger diameter injector but I know the LS1's can be used with a larger o ring fitted but I don't know where to get them or a part number.

If someone could direct me where and to the correct part I'd appreciate it.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Lee DeRaud
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

What intake manifold are you using?
This thread may help: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-question.html
I also found these intake manifolds that are intended for using big throttle bodies but keep the LS1 fuel rails, injectors, and harness: http://www.flatlanderracing.com/powerplus-ls1.html (bottom of page)
Old 07-28-2014, 03:35 AM
anykeys
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Lee. Geez, what am I talking about? I'm swapping the LS1 intake manifold for an LS2 mani, along with an LS2 throttle body, but of course the injector problem is fitting into the bigger injector holes on the LS2 manifold.

I've already bought the manifold, throttle body, injectors and new harness to adapt the new throttle body. The problems are the injectors into the manifold and the steel center cross-over line of the LS1 fuel rail is not tall enough to clear the top of the LS2 manifold and allow the injectors to seat even if I had the correct o-rings.

My understanding is larger o-rings are available to solve the injector problem. For the fuel rail I'm thinking about cutting out the steel center cross-over line and plumbing in a -4 aeroquip line for clearance unless someone has a better idea.

I also have to relocate the power steering reservoir because it doesn't give clearance to mount the LS2 throttle body so if anyone has a good idea about where that should go I'd be interested to hear.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Lee DeRaud
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

The impression I got from reading the thread I linked to is that the LS1 injectors are not only smaller diameter, they're also too short...I can't imagine bigger O-rings would help that.
My "better idea" would be to post this whole thing over in C5 Tech or an LSx-specific forum.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 injector o rings for LS2 throttle body?

Quick Reply: LS1 injector o rings for LS2 throttle body?