Sponsored by:

a/c problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 02:56 PM
20ls100
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c problems

hi i am new here, have been getting quite an education on how much i do not know...
i have a 2000 vette that has been giving me problems with the a/c. it is fully charged , verified by gauges, replaced the ambient temperature sensor, it was reading 22* when it was 80*, i also replaced the pressure switch.
by jumping the relay i can make the compressor run and it blows cold air as it should, but will not work from the control on the dash, the led light on the a/c button blinks then goes out?
the fan control works and all of the modes work, but the compressor will not work.
trying to avoid a trip to the dealer?
thanks, Mitch
Old 07-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might try testing the relay to make sure it is good. Would also consider changing the control head to an 01 or newer. I'm looking for one to swap out in my 99. I would stay away from the dealer if at all possible. There is some good info in the "important elect info" sticky
Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 AM
20ls100
3rd Gear

Default Interesting.

[QUOTE=Lt. Dan M.;1587457341]Might try testing the relay to make sure it is good. Would also consider changing the control head to an 01 or newer. I'm looking for one to swap out in my 99. I would stay away from the dealer if at all possible. There is some good info in the "important elect info" sticky[/QUOTE

I have checked the relay and it is good. What is the difference in a 01 control head? Some how I am not getting a signal to close the clutch relay. The car has 41000 stored in the winter miles on it. I have checked grounds as suggested in the sticky, they all looked good. I have read about the body control module with the cold solder breaking, do you know if this will affect the a/c?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
20ls100
3rd Gear

Default on to the next idea?

[QUOTE=20ls100;1587469931]
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan M.
Might try testing the relay to make sure it is good. Would also consider changing the control head to an 01 or newer. I'm looking for one to swap out in my 99. I would stay away from the dealer if at all possible. There is some good info in the "important elect info" sticky[/QUOTE

I have checked the relay and it is good. What is the difference in a 01 control head? Some how I am not getting a signal to close the clutch relay. The car has 41000 stored in the winter miles on it. I have checked grounds as suggested in the sticky, they all looked good. I have read about the body control module with the cold solder breaking, do you know if this will affect the a/c?
can anyone tell me what module controls the a/c on this car?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:44 PM
memmer
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry I can't help you with the AC.Just wanted to welcome you to the forum.Someone with knowledge will chime in with help.Good Luck
Fred

Get notified of new replies

To a/c problems

Quick Reply: a/c problems