Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooooo P.O.'d

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:38 PM
slopoke17
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 131 Posts

I don't think it's just the new C7 owners myself. I went to a local car show and pulled up with my '03 coupe. There were a few vettes already parked with the owners all huddled together. They just looked amazed that I wanted to bring my stock car to a show! It was comical to watch as they all stared in unison as I drove to my space. After I parked I tried to say hello a few times to them and finally got a faint hello.

After walking on my way back to my car I noticed they all had lots of various improvements made to their cars. I guess I didn't have enough horsepower or a fancy paint job or custom interior I guess? As it was I ended up having some good conversation with some old timers and their muscle cars and hot rods. You can always tell who the true car nuts are. I've had corvette's since I was 19, going on 36 years now and I've met them all. The guys with the trailer queens, every new owner with the latest new generation to come out, etc. Just wait a while and they'll move on, l usually see them with their turtle necks at the Porsche events with their newest bobbles.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by slopoke17
I don't think it's just the new C7 owners myself. I went to a local car show and pulled up with my '03 coupe. There were a few vettes already parked with the owners all huddled together. They just looked amazed that I wanted to bring my stock car to a show! It was comical to watch as they all stared in unison as I drove to my space. After I parked I tried to say hello a few times to them and finally got a faint hello.

After walking on my way back to my car I noticed they all had lots of various improvements made to their cars. I guess I didn't have enough horsepower or a fancy paint job or custom interior I guess? As it was I ended up having some good conversation with some old timers and their muscle cars and hot rods. You can always tell who the true car nuts are. I've had corvette's since I was 19, going on 36 years now and I've met them all. The guys with the trailer queens, every new owner with the latest new generation to come out, etc. Just wait a while and they'll move on, l usually see them with their turtle necks at the Porsche events with their newest bobbles.
You sound bitter
Old 07-27-2014, 12:58 AM
SaxyVette
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

First C7 owner I ever talked to was at Cars and Coffee here in Vegas, he was an older dude (like me) and was very friendly and cool.

He even complimented my ratty old '99. Go figure..now that's a Corvette guy.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:41 AM
slopoke17
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
You sound bitter
You're right, after reading that again I think I need an attitude adjustment! Life is too short to worry about what others think, time to take the car out for a drive!Thanks.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:05 AM
KoreaJon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sfc rick
...They may not even be aware their foreskin has crept up around their head that much.
Now that right there is FUNNY...I don't care who ya are!!

KoreaJon
Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Just like anything else.....

There are many good folks out there that embrace the Corvette Community. They want to be a part of it to learn more about their car and enjoy making new friends.

Then there are a select few few that ruin it for everyone else, and give everyone else a bad name.

Not much you can do about it. Just ignore the idiots, and move on.

Toque
Old 07-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Louthedog1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-27-2014, 09:26 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The guys I hang with could care less...from C4's to C7's. It's all good. (Yes, I said even C4 owners )

Any snobby car owner can KMA. I don't care if you drive a Bugatti...don't be a d!ck.

I've found some of the rich Lambo/Ferrari owners at Cars n Coffee in Danville to be really cool dudes, in spite of the money.

Quick Reply: Sooooo P.O.'d