Sponsored by:

Does traction control activate the BMPV motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:40 PM
SoAlVette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Does traction control activate the BMPV motor

I know that the traction control/active handling are somewhat related to the ABS. When the traction control activates, if it runs the BMPV motor, would that not be an easier way to exercise the BMPV than trying to activate the ABS? I put my car up on jack stands in the rear, and while I had it up, I ran it in 2nd gear up to 10 mph because I read a post here that doing so would exercise the BMPV. I don't think it activated the ABS, but it did activate the traction control. If it does activate the BMPV, it seems it would be easier to try spin the rear tires and activate the traction control than to lock up the brakes to activate the ABS to exercise the BMPV. I know that many have run a jumper wire to the BMPV to acitvate it, just looking for alternatives. I had the C1243 code come up once, but I believe it was due to weakened battery after having some drain while in the garage being worked on for several hours. Have not seen it since. Thoughts????
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 AM
SoAlVette
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Bump
Old 07-26-2014, 09:07 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Doing what you did is what many do to exercise the ABS system. ABS is intended to control the brakes when braking is applied. TC and AH are intended to apply one or more brakes as needed when no braking has been applied.

In all of the above you are activating the pump.

Hope that helps. A lot of people activate the ABS by going to a large wet area where it is safe to do some hard braking to activate the system.

Get notified of new replies

To Does traction control activate the BMPV motor

Quick Reply: Does traction control activate the BMPV motor