Sponsored by:

New Seat Foam with same Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by tomikem
Does anybody have pix of seats that don't have creases in them?
Depends on what you mean by "no creases."
Old 08-17-2014, 01:17 AM
Voodoo13
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slopoke17
I recently purchased my 03 with just about 8500 miles on it. No mileage but the sides of the bottom look tired. I found a kit on Corvette central : part # 135074 for 1997-2013 SEAT BOTTOM CUSHION REPAIR $39.95 for the kit to do one seat. The pass. side looks like new so I'm going to give it a shot.
I was reading this thread today and remembered that I had bought the repair kit in the wintertime so I installed it today. It may be Ok for seat foam that was not as far gone as mine, but I was not really happy with the results. Although the seat now has alot firmer support, aesthetically it looks terrible. Instead of the side bolsters being prominent and rising up from the center panel, the left side turned out just flat. The foam that comprised the bolster was just too flattened over the last few years of driving and it was too far gone (Ok so I am 6'3 and 250#, so I pity the poor seat!). I ordered the Heavy Duty foam from DJ's today and hope that this will support my fat A$$ a bit better than the OEM. The skins are still fair so I will keep those for the time being, but this thread has some great ideas and when it it time I will revisit.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
I have called and emailed twice. Been a week now. Any secrets to reach DJ?
Be patient grasshopper....every year at this time it is difficult to reach him because he is on vacation
Old 08-18-2014, 10:27 AM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by El original
Be patient grasshopper....every year at this time it is difficult to reach him because he is on vacation
Thanks! I don't wat to drive him crazy and I don't mind waiting but it has been nearly 3 weeks. I left a few voicemails and emails so I will just wait. I know those of you in the Great White North sometimes take extended "Holiday."
Old 08-21-2014, 09:12 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
Thanks! I don't wat to drive him crazy and I don't mind waiting but it has been nearly 3 weeks. I left a few voicemails and emails so I will just wait. I know those of you in the Great White North sometimes take extended "Holiday."
I reached DJ and he took care of me! I'm stoked!!

Quick Reply: New Seat Foam with same Seat Covers