Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooner or later it was bound to happen...

Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Sooner or later it was bound to happen...

Well it happened sooner rather than later... Went to start the car last night and the "pull key wait 10 sec" shows up on the dash. I'm just like Luckily it was in the garage so I didn't get stranded in a parking lot.

So now I guess it's time to order the LMC5 + unlocker & check to make sure the battery is in good health.

Only question I have is I know some people have had issues installing / getting them to work on a manual. I know there was a write up on how to do it, Anyone have the link ?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We sell them and they are the best CLB available. We have never had any problems with a manual car. If you have any issues you can call there tech line and they will guide you right through it. Excellent customer service!

Order Here: LMC5
Old 07-24-2014, 01:27 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by 703
Well it happened sooner rather than later... Went to start the car last night and the "pull key wait 10 sec" shows up on the dash. I'm just like Luckily it was in the garage so I didn't get stranded in a parking lot.

So now I guess it's time to order the LMC5 + unlocker & check to make sure the battery is in good health.

Only question I have is I know some people have had issues installing / getting them to work on a manual. I know there was a write up on how to do it, Anyone have the link ?
There is a YouTube video:

Also from Dadaroo, forum member, who has this advice:

Not uncommon for people to "put the column in a pre-lock condition" and not know it and then start with the install. In other words, they started with the column lock “energized’ even if it was not actually locked yet. If not actually locked yet, it will be as soon as you turn the steering wheel after the LMC5 install. It will then remain in the locked condition until you cause the motor to unlock. It will then remain in the unlocked condition since the motor is then unpowered with the circuits disconnected.
Here is one way to prevent that if your c olumn locks and unlocks normally:
If the CL is functioning normally you don't need the Unlocker, merely turn the igniti on, pull fuse #23, turn ignition OFF, turn the steering wheel (left and right ) and verify it i s unlocked. Next, disconnect the negative battery terminal, re-insert fuse #23 and continue with the install.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:38 AM
Cybermind
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

You should install some form of column lock bypass no matter what but, the "pull key and wait 10 secs" error message is often caused by your key resistance puck not reading correctly. Make sure it is clean and not damaged or excessively worn down. Try spraying your key with electronic contact cleaner and moving it in and out of the ignition several times. If the message goes away, you have found the culprit. You can also spray some contact cleaner in the ignition key hole.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

So for an update I'm not getting the pull key wait 10sec code anymore. But the steering wheel does lock when I pull the key out of ignition. I ordered the LMC5 & unlocker yesterday. I haven't checked the battery but that could be the culprit as well from what I have read.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I installed the LMC5 on my o1 about a month ago. Only difficuct part was disconnecting the electrical connection on the relay I believe above the silver BCM in the footwell. The online youtube doesn't show that part, only removing and replacing the wires. The instructions are great on the LMC5 info U get with the package. It really helps to watch the youtube. After the install U will need to wait 1 or 2 seconds after turning on the key to let the BCM or computer system do its thing before cranking the car or U will still get the message. I found this to be the case on my vette and instructions says to wait a second or two and I also contacted the vendor and they told me same thing. I haven't had an issue since. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Sooner or later it was bound to happen...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sooner or later it was bound to happen...