Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing sun visors permanently?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:48 PM
FinalJenemba
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing sun visors permanently?

Is there anyone out there making a kit for a complete sun visor delete? I know I could just take them out but then id have big holes in the windshield frame. When I had my miata's you could get these blanks to fill those holes: link. Do they make anything similar for the C5? I never use them and the car would look allot better without them when the targa's off.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by FinalJenemba
Is there anyone out there making a kit for a complete sun visor delete? I know I could just take them out but then id have big holes in the windshield frame. When I had my miata's you could get these blanks to fill those holes: link. Do they make anything similar for the C5? I never use them and the car would look allot better without them when the targa's off.
No one makes a specific plug. But you can do what I do, I flip my visors all the way around and under the windshield frame, so they are almost invisible when the top is off.
A plug could be easily fashioned from a rubber plug bought at home depot/ or any automotive store. With a little ingenuity, that would be a very simple project. A little RTV to keep it in place, but could be removed.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:57 PM
djmlax89
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I just took mine out, can't say that I ever really notice the holes. That being said, I'd be curious to see what's on the market for this as well
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM
cmjuhl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalJenemba
just took mine out, can't say that I ever really notice the holes.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Have not seen any plug kits on the market, but I'd bet a hardware store just might have something that could be adapted to work.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing sun visors permanently?

Quick Reply: Removing sun visors permanently?