Sponsored by:

New radio, no sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Galler
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New radio, no sound from speakers

Hey I am in the process if putting in a new kenwood screen in my 99 frc.

Currently everything is wired correctly but I am not getting any sound from the speakers the diagram shows two wires running to 25v capacitors. Those wires are not connected to anything currently where do I run these too?
Old 07-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Galler
Hey I am in the process if putting in a new kenwood screen in my 99 frc.

Currently everything is wired correctly but I am not getting any sound from the speakers the diagram shows two wires running to 25v capacitors. Those wires are not connected to anything currently where do I run these too?
Do you have the GM aftermarket wire harness adapter? It allows you to wire an after market head unit to the existing wire harness of your OEM radio.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Galler
Advanced

Yes I have the after market wire harness.

However. There are multiple harnesses in the back of the factory radio. One for power one for speakers and one for antenna, the radio functions, But I just can't seem to get any power to the speakers. I will post the diagram before the end of the night and show you where I'm stuck at
Old 07-21-2014, 02:03 AM
༇Legacy༡
Heel & Toe

I just did an install on my 02 with a Pioneer SPH DA02 AppRadio. I used Peripheral's GMAH wiring harness and couldn't get any sound, either. In a last ditch effort, I hooked it up without the harness, tapped power from fuse 22 in the floorboard fuse box, and miraculously I had sound!

What harness are you using?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM
Galler
Advanced

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Da...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Da...tml?sort=3&o=2

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Da...tml?sort=3&o=1
Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Galler
Advanced

Originally Posted by ༇Legacy༡
I just did an install on my 02 with a Pioneer SPH DA02 AppRadio. I used Peripheral's GMAH wiring harness and couldn't get any sound, either. In a last ditch effort, I hooked it up without the harness, tapped power from fuse 22 in the floorboard fuse box, and miraculously I had sound!

What harness are you using?
Using a peripheral lsve61....
Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Galler
Advanced

So the diagram posted, everything on the output side is connected correctly, everything on the input side is correct it's the last image, where wires are running from the unit to the speakers I'm unsure of where I tap into. Are the capacitors on the diagram built into the factory Bose speakers?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

your using the wrong harness in the peripheral lsve61

you need this
http://shop.doubledmods.com/searchqu...ords=roem-vet1
Old 07-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
your using the wrong harness in the peripheral lsve61

you need this
http://shop.doubledmods.com/searchqu...ords=roem-vet1
Dennis is an absolute expert when it comes to audio installations. It just goes to show that Dennis is more than willing to help you even though you did not buy your head unit from him... Had you bought from him, the unit would have come already wired with the correct GM adapter, so all you had to do was plug the existing harness from your car into the one on the new head unit that Dennis provide. When I bought my head unit from Dennis. it took me less than 1 minute to plug and play the unit.. I not talking about the installation just the connections. All the wires from the adapter where cleanly connected as if it came from the factory that way.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:55 AM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Dennis is an absolute expert when it comes to audio installations. It just goes to show that Dennis is more than willing to help you even though you did not buy your head unit from him... Had you bought from him, the unit would have come already wired with the correct GM adapter, so all you had to do was plug the existing harness from your car into the one on the new head unit that Dennis provide. When I bought my head unit from Dennis. it took me less than 1 minute to plug and play the unit.. I not talking about the installation just the connections. All the wires from the adapter where cleanly connected as if it came from the factory that way.

That's without a doubt stepping up for your customer, I've only purchased a stealth box from Dinnis but will always go to to him for future purchases.
That's a very clean looking install Mr. ET

OP best of luck getting her firing on all cylinders, I'm sure you'll get it now that your aware of the problem.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Galler
Advanced

Hey guys if it's going to make my life easier I'll buy one from Dennis no doubt.

However I'm curious as to how it will not work? I'm sure you guys are more electronically savvy then I, but it seems a bit crude for a business to produce a wiring harness with a corvette wiring diagram only to have it be non compatible? No?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Galler
Hey guys if it's going to make my life easier I'll buy one from Dennis no doubt.

However I'm curious as to how it will not work? I'm sure you guys are more electronically savvy then I, but it seems a bit crude for a business to produce a wiring harness with a corvette wiring diagram only to have it be non compatible? No?
what you bought is an output converter
not a radio replacement harness which you need if you are indeed replacing the head unit and trying to retain the stock speakers

Last edited by Double D Mods; 07-21-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
what you bought is an output converter
not a radio replacement harness which you need if you are indeed replacing the head unit and trying to retain the stock speakers
As you can see Dennis is not just another pretty face. He Knows stuff too.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
As you can see Dennis is not just another pretty face. He Knows stuff too.
I have to say, based on my own dealings with Double D, that Dennis is probably the best business owner I have ever met. His customer service skills are not found anywhere else that I have seen in my lifetime, and he knows more about what he does for a living than most people could even dream of.

For example, I received more personal service and assistance from Dennis when I needed to replace my door speakers, a purchase of under $150, than I did when I walked into what was then my new bank with a check for $100,000 that I wanted to open a new account with.

Without a doubt, any (and I do mean any) stereo-related needs I have in the future will go first and last to Dennis. The way he handles himself during his normal routine and day-to-day operations won my loyalty, which is not an easy thing to do. I can't think of any other company that I can say the same thing about.

He'll be getting my radio bezel sometime in the near future to convert into a double-din, and when he does I will also be buying a new head unit to go along with it. Business earned because Dennis treated my $150 problem like I was going to hand him a $100,000 check.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Dennis is the ultimate expert. I bought my double din dash replacement and stereo from him and it works perfectly. Follow what he says and you're good to go.
Just don't try getting Dennis to expand to New York!
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To New radio, no sound from speakers

Quick Reply: New radio, no sound from speakers