Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slightly depressing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Cowboy26a
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

He needs to pull the codes on the DIC and post them here. The problem with the EBCM might be as simple as a connection or a wheel sensor wire broken.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Donutz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be have dumb of me (as you can see, I do some dumb stuff now and then ), but I erased all of the codes in the DTC last week. I wanted to make sure that all of the old codes that have been addressed already have been removed from the system and only newer and current codes would be in there. I just went and checked and the only code it is currently showing is 28-TCS C1243H. From this list I found, it says BPMV Pump motor stalled. Any clue/s as to where I need to start looking to address this issue?
Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Donutz
This may be have dumb of me (as you can see, I do some dumb stuff now and then ), but I erased all of the codes in the DTC last week. I wanted to make sure that all of the old codes that have been addressed already have been removed from the system and only newer and current codes would be in there. I just went and checked and the only code it is currently showing is 28-TCS C1243H. From this list I found, it says BPMV Pump motor stalled. Any clue/s as to where I need to start looking to address this issue?
Locate the ABS pump and module assmbly-front lower left side of vehicle. Clean the ground connection at the frame and the pigtail connector, clear codes and retest.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Cowboy26a
Racer

There are a few threads that show how to jump start ( run ) the ABS motor when they are stalled. It involves running a 12 volt source to the ABS motor. Do a search and you will find it. It may solve your problem.

Check here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-best-fix.html

See post #6

Last edited by Cowboy26a; 07-20-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Donutz
Instructor

Thanks Guys! It will be my project next weekend. I have a hard time finding time to dio much during the week... I will say that my problem seems to be intermittent... One day it shows problems and the next day it doesn't. I have cleaned the ground and connector just inside of and behind the driver side head light really good and the problem still came back.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Cowboy26a
Racer

Donutz, see the link I put in my last post before this one.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:26 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Not an issue. They will come back if the errors continue.

If they remian history or remain completely cleared out, then those issues no longer remain (not speaking of Cig lighter or CD player).
Old 07-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Gsmooth33
Instructor

I don't get why anyone would judge the op, he is just venting and asking for some solutions from fellow vette owners...some people on here got their nose in the air.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM
JustinZO6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much same thing happened too me, I owned my new c5 z06 for about 2 weeks and a/c went out. Was about $2k to fix.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,641 Likes on 1,204 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Vett
You made coffe come out of my nose

Dammit I hate when that happens!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

WoW!!!! I just had to pop in here and say that Zora must have been watching over me when I bought my C5 Coupe back in October (4th)... Other than the grounds issue, and replacing the dash lights and "tiny" items (not to mention the Chocolate Milk Shake spilled in the passenger's side), I've had ZILCH problems.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 PM
jmccrary
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f6john
Well they have to justify the $55-$85,000 price tag some how!
I have noticed almost every sports car, the higher the price the more problems than normal cars...I guess its part of the price for owning a sports car. I don't complain as I knew it before buying mine...but the engineering is wonderful!!

Mine is just missing a few things right now

Old 07-21-2014, 06:52 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I agree the electronics are junk on these cars and there are some real knuckle heads on this forum.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:30 PM
jmccrary
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
I agree the electronics are junk on these cars and there are some real knuckle heads on this forum.
Oh...electronics...I owned a TVR S before this car...I cannot complain about the electronics or really much on this car
Old 07-21-2014, 07:59 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I hope U never experience any and I haven't experienced very many either and I hope I don't. Two that comes to mind are: Column Lock and turn signal flasher, junk. I cross my fingers everytime I crank the vette up.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Whatever Mr. Bill says, you can count on it!!!
Just ask the CF members around the world!
Mr. Bill...you haven't posted any photos in a few days. Some of us look forward to them/
Regards,
Jeff
Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by jol
Whatever Mr. Bill says, you can count on it!!!
Just ask the CF members around the world!
Mr. Bill...you haven't posted any photos in a few days. Some of us look forward to them/
Regards,
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To Slightly depressing!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Donutz
Instructor

I guess one thing that I do like is having something to work on!!! I don't have excessive amounts of money to blow... but since this is just my weekend driver, I don't have to worry about if it breaks down!!! I missed having an old car to wrench on during the weekends... I believe I have just found my car!!!

GOOD NEWS: The guy that owned the car before me already had to deal with the column lock and according to him he put the adaptor or whatever in it so that it shouldn't happen again!!! Fingers are crossed!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Higrpwd
Instructor

When I first bought my vert last year I felt the same way.. a little frustrated because the rose colored glasses were off and I was noticing all the little things that were wrong. Now a year later, many thumbs up down the road and my own improvements this is my favorite car! I really can't imagine not owning a Corvette. I've always wanted one since I was a kid and now I know why. If I get a new scratch on her I'm on it! If I get bird droppings on her.. I'm on it! I got some curb rash on one of my new rims and went home and bought a new one the same day! Never did that for any of my other cars. They're unique.. special in their own way and contrary to what most of the public thinks Affordable. (unless you go hog wild on mods.) There's a ton to learn here and lots of people to help you. I'm hooked!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:31 PM
scarecrowkc5
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Higrpwd,

I pretty much feel the same way.

It's been a hoot so far.

Quick Reply: Slightly depressing!