Sponsored by:

service column lock, plus reverse lock out solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 10:14 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default service column lock, plus reverse lock out solenoid

Have a question/clarification for someone with a little more knowledge! This weekend I got the service column lock come up (and I did NOT get the remove key, wait 10 sec or any other indicator show up while I was on a trip, wasn't sure exactly what it meant but couldn't do much and didn't see a difference really. The night I first saw the "service column lock" when I went to shift into fifth gear and it started grinding the reverse! I thought, oh that's what "service column lock" is. To find out I think they are separate problems I just had my reverse lockout solenoid go bad right when I got the "service column lock" indicator.

So first question is they don't have anything to do with each other correct?! Second, is if I don't have any other indicators coming up with the "service column lock" that means its just a bad sensor or what ever it was they are recalling; and I should get the LMC5 module? Third and final is I do not know if my car was taken into the factory for the recall yet or not, and should I take it in or just fix it my self with the LMC5?

Thanks for any advice! Doesnt feel good when ya think your baby is falling apart!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Don't know if they are related but if your column locks (key out) then you need to get the LMC5. You might want to check your battery to see if it's fully charged.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 AM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

ok that makes more since now! thanks alot! I just got a new battery recently so Im thinking its not the battery, sadly, Ill def check the connection to the starter and see if its looking kinda gross or anything! And Im not sure I never normally do it on a day to day basis but Ill check! If it is not locking when the keys out of the ignition what would that mean?!..
Old 07-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Kahuna1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...plug-and-play/
Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

No my steering wheel does not lock after the key is removed!!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 AM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Well thanks alot 8Vette7 I really appreciate the insight, and yeah from reading around I have been lucky my car didnt keep shutting off on me! So thats good! Ill def be looking at my battery while Im waiting on that to come in, do you just recommend getting the battery tested? I'm also slightly unsure, does the LMC5 actually fix the column lock so I will be able to lock my steering wheel after I install the LMC5? I swear last questions!!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Thanks for all the help!! installed it this weekend and all is well!! that thing was pretty easy and did fix the problem! so thats awesome! Also thanks so much for helping with the questions! now all I have to do is fix this water leak AAND the lock out solenoid problem and then well be back to 100% thanks again everyone!

Get notified of new replies

To service column lock, plus reverse lock out solenoid

Quick Reply: service column lock, plus reverse lock out solenoid