Sponsored by:

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:00 AM
sssmokn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tires

Needing new tires for my 98 coupe as they are out dated though the car has less than 13K miles ( bought low mile car ) . Looking at the Ventus V12 which of course is a non RF . Can anyone write about how they're experience went when they actually had to to use the plug kit/compressor - slime etc method in a situation and was it worth the money saved on non RF ?

Thanks
Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 AM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by sssmokn
Needing new tires for my 98 coupe as they are out dated though the car has less than 13K miles ( bought low mile car ) . Looking at the Ventus V12 which of course is a non RF . Can anyone write about how they're experience went when they actually had to to use the plug kit/compressor - slime etc method in a situation and was it worth the money saved on non RF ?

Thanks
I replaced my 18k mile RFs with V12s. Very competent tire and the difference in ride quality is night and day. Not a knock on RFs but any tire still in use after 16 years will not only be close to petrified but unsafe. As for self repairs it's a personal choice. I carry all the self repair materials and am willing to address a flat on the road. How I address it depends on the offending intruder. If I'm in town and i can make it home by adding some air I'll wait and take the tire in for professional repair. If out on the road depending on the severity of the leak I'll either slime it or plug it and head for a shop or if catastrophic failure it's on a hauler which would happen with a Rf as we'll. So, you have to ask yourself " Are you feeling lucky?". I don't know if it's typical but I haven't had a side of the road flat in 46 years, knock on wood.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:22 PM
chuckeb84
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
Good buy at 400 per set at Tire Rack on sale now
Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Jeff73454
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks

I have a 97 with 20K miles and put a set of V12 on them. A lot better ride than the Run Flats.. I bought a plug kit and compressor for $50.
but remember slime will ruin your valve stems!

Get notified of new replies

To Tires

Quick Reply: Tires