Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little venting....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 02:53 PM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 637 Likes on 493 Posts

It is not worth getting worked up about. There are a lot of crazy ones out there.

In Arizona I worked with a guy in our machine shop. He came to work one day and was telling a story about how someone cut him off in traffic and flipped him off. He chased them until they pulled into their home's yard . He shot them. One died and the other was critical.

The shooter actually seemed like a nice guy at work, but obviously crazy. The police came to our shop and arrested him without incident. He and his friends made threats to the business and as a result the shop bricked over all the windows. He was convicted an went to prison for a long time.

It just doesn't pay to get worked up about any road rage type issues. You never know who it will be.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:01 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by QCVette
It is not worth getting worked up about. There are a lot of crazy ones out there.

In Arizona I worked with a guy in our machine shop. He came to work one day and was telling a story about how someone cut him off in traffic and flipped him off. He chased them until they pulled into their home's yard . He shot them. One died and the other was critical.

The shooter actually seemed like a nice guy at work, but obviously crazy. The police came to our shop and arrested him without incident. He and his friends made threats to the business and as a result the shop bricked over all the windows. He was convicted an went to prison for a long time.

It just doesn't pay to get worked up about any road rage type issues. You never know who it will be.

Holy Crap!. That's a pretty extreme reaction. OTOH, I've often wished for a guided missle option.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:01 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N
Interesting that you noted this DB was driving an F-250...

I have long held the belief, and shared this belief with many others through the years, that Ford pickup drivers (usually F-150's, but also the heavy duty pickups as well) make up the biggest percentage of a**hats on the road - by a LARGE margin.

Most people I have shared this with usually get back to me within months, if not weeks, to tell me "Holy crap, you are right."

I am beginning to think that it is a REQUIREMENT, when purchasing a Ford pickup, that you prove yourself to possess a sufficient degree of a**hattery in order to be allowed to purchase/drive one.

Now, to be sure, there are DB's driving every make and model out there, including (sadly) Corvettes. And it is also true that not EVERY Ford pickup driver is a DB. BUT...on a percentage basis, Ford pickup drivers are DB's far more than any other. It isn't even close...

Pay attention of over the next month to every a**hat you see in traffic. I can just about guarantee that Ford pickups will top your list...
Same in this neck of the woods...stay away from them!! Dash cam comes in handy too, remove from windshield and point at them and record. POST ON U TUBE, lol

Last edited by El original; 06-30-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:13 PM
TOPCATHR
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Instant justice. ......lol
Old 06-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Diesel trucks today are the imports with fart cans of 10 years ago. I've been "smoked out" after washing my car a few times and it is extremely annoying. If you react to them, it just fuels the fire. Just ignore them the best that you can and they'll go away.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:53 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

I have an old neighbor that cuts his grass many times a week. he has a habit of cutting his grass right after I wash my car and throwing dust and grass on it. now that pisses me off
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by QCVette

I agree. In today's world, people hide behind their keyboards and behind their steering wheels. The same guy who just cut in front of 10 other cars waiting in line to exit the freeway would never walk into a McDonalds and cut in front of 10 people standing in line for food. Just like the person who would never say anything deragatory to your face, will criticize and call you names online. Everyone's a 6'3", 250 pound bad-*** online and while driving.

However, relating to the OP's situation, I've been there in both my Corvette and my DD. At times, it's really hard to take a deep breath and let it go although we know in hindsight, it's always the best decision.

Last edited by MSG C5; 06-30-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

I'm a dispatch supervisor at a 911 center. Most every shift we have a road rage incident. Rarely does it end well. My suggestion is ignore any provocation, be safe, report the bad guy, and go about your business.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, what a POS...glad he got what he deserved.

There are lots of DB's in big diesels here in CA that seem to think that kind of sheet is funny...and I'd like to punch them all in the face personally.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have been Rdy to take a base ball bat to the bed of his pick up truck, I completely understand about having a temper on stupid shiaat ,there's no sense in revving up his engine for u to inhale his diesel exhaust, I'd been furious for sure!! Anybody in this situation would have been! Or u could have shot his tire out with a little pistol
I am seriously thinking dash cam ,record his tag / truck & report it to your local police agency

Last edited by fsuforever; 06-30-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed
You could have always fried your tires when you were in front of him at the stoplight. Turn about is fair play, as they say...
That's a great idea
Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Karma's a bitch! Guy deserved the ticket and more....
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 PM
dquagliaroli
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Commmmm-On

Time to grow up!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:47 PM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 137 Posts

Roll up the windows
Old 06-30-2014, 07:01 PM
ronsrods222362
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MD Events Coordinator

Wow. Let me say this, for two traffic lights I slowed as much as traffic would allow, I accelerated without being reckless while watching DB weave in and out of traffic to ensure his position next to me at the light. When the opportunity came to put some distance between us I took it. Could I have turned off, sure. If I had slowed anymore in traffic I ran the risk of being rear ended. Could I have received a ticket for the way I left the last light, absolutely. The truth is I had enough. I realize that there are many ways out of any situation, I chose the one that best suited me at the time.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:03 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh 2 Fun
Yeah, you were lucky HE got the ticket, not you.

Not to be a DB, but you risked a ticket, your safety, and the safety of others by trying outrun this dick.

I know it's easy to armchair quarterback here, but pulling off into a convenience store or finding another route would have been more productive AND you would not have given him the satisfaction of the show you gave him.

Glad he got stopped, that's karma.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 PM
02Stung
1st Gear

If it was on purpose. He was "rollin' coal" on you. It's a fad with rednecks. I saw an article on it recently. It should be illegal! It will kill someone someday.

Get notified of new replies

To A little venting....

Old 06-30-2014, 08:08 PM
stu12dozen
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Stung
If it was on purpose. He was "rollin' coal" on you. It's a fad with rednecks. I saw an article on it recently. It should be illegal! It will kill someone someday.
I never knew that! I guess it hasn't reached our shores yet. I figured it was just a plain case of "APE" (Acute ***** Envy) which occurs here quite frequently.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:11 PM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

From what I understand, (OP), all you can do is avoid these kind of people.
Get their license number first. Then turn and go a different direction, maybe pull into a cafe, and have a cup of coffee. Then go about your business.
If 'that' person/s follow you to the cafe (or whereever), then is time to dial 911, and report threatening behavior. Of course you did get his or her license number, to give to LEO.

I"m curious, what do some of our Forum brethren, who are, or were in Law Enforcement, think of this sort of thing, road rage I guess it is ...
What would be your (LEO) course of action, if you got a call to investigate this type of thing?

What does the law recommend a citizen do, in this kind of situation?

I would avoid this, at all costs. I'd never let a low life like that drag me down to his/her level...

Don
Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Louthedog1
Instructor

My motto at 51.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: A little venting....