Sponsored by:

Chadwick'd Z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM
car_ramrod
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chadwick'd Z06

Posted over in Car Care, but wanted to share with fellow C5 owners!

Hello everyone:

Forum newbie here and new Corvette owner. Quick intro: I have been around and working on cars for over 10 years and finally purchased a Vette of my own - a 2003 Z06 with 29k on the odometer. I'm very happy with the purchase, but to my surprise, even happier with the service I have received from two of the local forum vendors who have been nothing short of amazing. This thread is about my new friend, Neil Chadwick.

Being an eleven year old black car, and because I was out of my regular cleaning products, I started researching and making a list of supplies I needed to detail this beauty. While browsing the forum, I came across an interesting thread on Chadwick's Triple Play, and although very skeptical at first, I looked into it for over a week before deciding I was going to call the number on the company's website to ask some questions. Needless to say I was shocked when Neil Chadwick himself answered the phone. I explained to him my situation: new (to me) car, eleven year old paint that seems to have been neglected, and my concerns about using the Tripleplay. I have NEVER, EVER, received such great customer service. Not only was Neil happy to chat with me for over half an hour, but since I was local, he invited me to his house to check out his 1-2-3 paint correction system and see the Tripleplay in action.

I drove up this weekend to see Neil, who detailed my car using the paint correction system, Tripleplay, and no sling tire dressing. I will let the pictures do the talking, but the car looks amazing and I won't use any other product to clean my car.

I don't have to rave anymore about Neil's products (everyone else is doing so on this forum), but I want to take a second to tell everyone about Neil. I hung out with him for over three hours talking about everything under the sun, including Corvettes, of course. He is a real "car guy" who has been in the game since he was a kid and is truly passionate about what he does. It doesn't hurt that he also stands behind his products 1000%. He treated me, and my cousin who tagged along for the ride, like family from the moment we arrived. He was patient and answered all of my questions, which I had plenty of, and detailed my car like if it was one of his own. I am one happy camper. Thanks, Neil - you have a customer in me for life.

Best,

Jorge
Old 06-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

good deal!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Great endorsement for his products, both through the pics and from your write-up.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Looks fantastic. And welcome.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:36 PM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Wow! That is quite a testament to Neil and his products.

I have been thinking for awhile about trying Chadwick's out...your post has made me decide to go for it. I want to support somebody like Neil - just wish he lived close enough to me that I could get him to do my car too!

Thanks for the post!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:49 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,298 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Looks great!
Old 06-22-2014, 11:07 PM
jamant12
Advanced

Your car looks great! I purchased the Triple Play system 2 weeks ago and used it on my 03 MY Z. I couldn't be happier with the results. The finish is smooth as glass and shines like it was just painted. Pretty easy to use too!
Old 06-22-2014, 11:32 PM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts

Not to bust your bubble, your ride looks sweet ! But are you aware of the valve spring failures on your year of Vette, they may have already been changed out but if not you should seriously look in to it !

Welcome aboard.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 AM
newcastle3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by car_ramrod
Posted over in Car Care, but wanted to share with fellow C5 owners!
Looks pretty good, though I have a question. What was the condition of the paint before the products were applied? Did you need to polish the paint first or was your paint swirl free?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 AM
car_ramrod
7th Gear

Thanks everyone! Chadwick's is definitely worth trying, you will not be disappointed.

Originally Posted by ZEEZERO-6
Not to bust your bubble, your ride looks sweet ! But are you aware of the valve spring failures on your year of Vette, they may have already been changed out but if not you should seriously look in to it !

Welcome aboard.
Thanks, ZEEZERO-6. I am aware of the valve spring failures. Immediately after I picked up the car I stopped at Powertech Performance up in St. Pete, FL, where Joe, his father-in-law, Rick, and the rest of the crew took great care of me. I am going to start a separate thread about my experience with them, which was phenomenal, but the short of it is they perform a full inspection on the vehicle, compression and leakdown tests, installed PAC springs, new wires, plugs, and replaced a rear halfshaft axle that had a slightly torn boot. Joe almost convinced me to leave the car with them for the A&A blower treatment

Originally Posted by newcastle3
Looks pretty good, though I have a question. What was the condition of the paint before the products were applied? Did you need to polish the paint first or was your paint swirl free?
The paint was definitely neglected before I purchased the car and had just recently been on 4 hour road trip from St. Pete to Miami. I will let Neil chime in with details, but he first 'blocked' the car using the Tripleplay, which in itself was a huge improvement over the way the car arrived. Then he used a dual action polisher with his 1-2-3 paint correction system to remove the tougher contaminants and surface marks on the paint, leaving the car looking like it does in these photos. We then finished off by using the no-sling tire dressing on all four tires. All of this took just over three hours to complete - if Neil had just been working on the car and not busy being a great host to me and my cousin at the same time, I'm sure the project could have been done in two hours.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:26 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

That black really shines!!
Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by car_ramrod
Then he used a dual action polisher with his 1-2-3 paint correction system to remove the tougher contaminants and surface marks on the paint, leaving the car looking like it does in these photos.
So much for the wipe on, wipe off; it kind of defeats the purpose when you have to bring out power tools. There shouldn't have been any contaminants after "blocking." That's the entire purpose of "blocking" to begin with. (Us lesser people use clay bars)

I'm still not seeing a reason not to use Zaino.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 PM
car_ramrod
7th Gear

Hi Ed. I may have used the wrong term, but by "tougher contaminants" I was referring to etchings, scuff marks, swirls marks, and light scratches. All "debris" or surface contaminants were gone after the initial block.

Get notified of new replies

To Chadwick'd Z06

Quick Reply: Chadwick'd Z06