Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

owning a business and owning a corvette.............

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:53 PM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Default owning a business and owning a corvette.............

aside from doing sales I own a higher end detailing business. I do higher end job with buffing and paint correction. this is kinda as the usual getting judged by having a corvette thread. but when I give customers a price on their car they immediately say " aw man you got a corvette, you can afford to lower the price." um no im sorry I wont. do any of you own a business and constantly get this because you own a corvette?
Old 06-21-2014, 02:41 PM
bdevault01
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had clients give me a hard time about it in the past. What they don't realize is that their wife's Escalade or Lexus cost more than the average Corvette on the market.

I don't daily drive mine anymore, but you could always respond with "I'm great at what I do, and therefore I'm successful." - OR - "Hey, I can lower the price, but I'll also lower the quality of the job I do" - OR - "You get what you pay for."

I could go on and on but don't be ashamed or feel guilty about it. The bottom line is you earned it through hard work and if they can't appreciate that, you can find customers that will.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:43 PM
c4gone
Drifting

yeah and for the detailing, my advertisement is in my car so when im out talking to clients about the condition of their paint it helps that I have a car that shows my work.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Being in the car business most of my customers make payments to me for their cars. I don't drive the vette to work all too often and one reason is being red with wheels and rather flashy i have gotten a few (although said jokingly) comments about how I must not need them to make their payments since look at what I drive.

My response is to remind them (jokingly in return of course) that the best way for them "to get back on their feet - is to miss a payment"
Old 06-21-2014, 03:46 PM
chuckeb84
Pro

Originally Posted by c4gone
aside from doing sales I own a higher end detailing business. I do higher end job with buffing and paint correction. this is kinda as the usual getting judged by having a corvette thread. but when I give customers a price on their car they immediately say " aw man you got a corvette, you can afford to lower the price." um no im sorry I wont. do any of you own a business and constantly get this because you own a corvette?
Get a plate to reflect the business and all is good
But make sure it looks great
Old 06-21-2014, 04:01 PM
chuckeb84
Pro

Originally Posted by chuckeb84
Get a plate to reflect the business and all is good
But make sure it looks great
And people who work should never be afraid to spend their hard earned money however they please
Old 06-21-2014, 05:48 PM
c4gone
Drifting

yeah my business name is pinnacle detailing and my plate reads "pnacl"
Old 06-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Just tell them - yes I drive a Corvette but I also do the best job in the area of detailing cars and my prices reflect that skill and professionalism. If you want a lesser job done, there are other detailers out there.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 PM
c4gone
Drifting

oh yes your right. there are detailers here that drive rusted cars and their work speaks for that. I don't lower my price because of what I own. however, once a year I do a full blown detail, paint correction for a customer that cant afford it. I understand what its like to have a passion for cars and not make enough to get it completely detailed. so I give back in my own way

Get notified of new replies

To owning a business and owning a corvette.............

Quick Reply: owning a business and owning a corvette.............