Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo, I guess are C5's aren't cool enough!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 PM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

I have more of a problem with the expectation of the wave as a "rule" than the wave itself. I wave a lot myself. I really like waving to kids who are glued to their window while looking at the car. You can always expect a big smile and a wave in return. I don't always wave to every Corvette I see, but if we make eye contact I always give a nod or a wave.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I've always had vehicles that other owners have un-written wave rules. Motorcycles, Boats, Street rods, classic VW's, Vettes so I guess it's not that strange to me. It's a very common practice with most groups of car owners that have out of the ordinary cars they are passionate about. If the car is stock and dirty you might not get waved at. If it is spotlessly clean and /or modified your going to definitely get waves.

Here in east orlando we have quite a lot of passionate corvette owners and many of them are C5 owners. They pretty much all take notice of each other and wave.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:57 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

When I bought my C4, I had a guy wave and I thought it was cool. After the 3rd time, I caught on.

I wave back and I often wave first now. I wave on the bike, but I'm a friendly guy in general.

The best was a wife in the passenger seat of a sweet '69 at a light. She leaned forward and waved. I rolled down my window (they were pretty dark) and waved back while I admired a beautiful Stingray. She said "I love the back top and black wheels on the white, it looks great!" I thanked her and commented on how nice theirs was as well.

To me its a nice change from the jackasses who want to prove their Civic is fast.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM
John Madeja
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66dts-v
When I bought my C4, I had a guy wave and I thought it was cool. After the 3rd time, I caught on.

I wave back and I often wave first now. I wave on the bike, but I'm a friendly guy in general.

The best was a wife in the passenger seat of a sweet '69 at a light. She leaned forward and waved. I rolled down my window (they were pretty dark) and waved back while I admired a beautiful Stingray. She said "I love the back top and black wheels on the white, it looks great!" I thanked her and commented on how nice theirs was as well.

To me its a nice change from the jackasses who want to prove their Civic is fast.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:50 PM
mnmthoele
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I wave if I see any Corvette, but I don't always see them in time. I also will wave or give a thumbs up to any cool old hotrod driving down the road. I don't always get a wave back but who the F cares. Not everyone that owns a Corvette is an enthusiast, some people just like the car. I know different people who own all different generation cars and they all wave, so it is not a generation thing, it is an owner thing.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Old 06-13-2014, 05:21 PM
c5coast
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmthoele
I wave if I see any Corvette, but I don't always see them in time. I also will wave or give a thumbs up to any cool old hotrod driving down the road. I don't always get a wave back but who the F cares. Not everyone that owns a Corvette is an enthusiast, some people just like the car. I know different people who own all different generation cars and they all wave, so it is not a generation thing, it is an owner thing.

If I miss a wave or don't get a response I lose no sleep. Do get a kick out of a thumbs up to a rodder
Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 PM
bentvalve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original post was geared towards the snoots that think their car is superior cause it's a newer model, I wasn't saying everybody has to keep their heads on a swivel to make sure another vette doesn't go by without acknowledgement. I guess it's based on status to some instead if being part of a community
Old 06-13-2014, 08:44 PM
torchredmadness
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wave at all Vettes. Could care less if they wave back but it irritates the heck out of my wife when they don't. It's kind of funny to hear what she has to say about them. I thought I cussed a lot!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:59 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Who cares.

How about posting pix of that hood in your SIG please!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
bentvalve
Advanced

Default 1 bad hood

I'll take a couple pix tomorrow and post them up
Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 PM
LoneStarZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by duramaxsky
I wave at all Vetts in my C5 but in my C6 I would not stoop to wave at an older model. Around here most wave regardless of the generation. I wave at any Vette if I see them in time. Most wave back or sometimes first. I even forget what I am driving and wave in my Pickup or semi truck. Most don't wave back then or even notice me. Should I be butt hurt about that? Can't they tell I am a member?
I wave at all vettes in my C5Z06 and find quite a few don't wave back regardless of generation, but i do it because i love vettes and hotrods.

Originally Posted by obnoxus
A Vette guy will wave,,,,,, a guy who happens to own a Vette wont
Very well said

Originally Posted by aj98
I think I confuse people - I wave at other vettes when I'm not driving either of mine.
I do it all the time from my other rides,Truck gto,bmw and i know they probably think i just want what they got or they know i am an enthusist.

Originally Posted by mnmthoele
I will always wave when i see other vettes because i love all generations of vettes. if they don't wave back it's no sweat off my back.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:05 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by bentvalve
I'll take a couple pix tomorrow and post them up
ACP?
Looks **** man.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:02 AM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave at other Vettes all the time and practically all of them wave back. Heck, the other day a guy behind me passed me, blew his horn and waved all at the same time.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:28 AM
TX Torch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I grew up in the country where everyone waved or should I say raised a finger in response. Usually just a twitch of the index finger. It's a generational thing I guess. Now so many city dwellers around due to urban sprawl and they don't wave. Uncultured at best!

I don't care if they wave or not.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by williame3590
I only wave at people I know. Rode Harley's for 23 years and never waved at anyone I didn't know. I don't wave at fellow Vette owners either but if I see one at the icecream shack or anywhere for that matter I always go over and chat.
Waving is goofy!

Bill

Welllll , ain't you special?
Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 AM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default save 'the wave'

I see the wave as a sign of mutual respect for the Corvette, each is driving. Every generation, each special in it's own way.

My wife often chuckles, at how far away I'll see another Corvette coming at me, or coming up from behind in my mirrors. I always wave. It is possible to be so absorbed in traffic, that one might miss another Corvette passing. It happens.

But some need to understand something. IMHO: It's not about you. It's about the car! You are just another nobody, like me. In a very nice car, in America's Sports Car. Period.

Get over yourself!!!

If we happen to be fellow Corvette enthusiasts, so much the better. If we happen to become friends someday, fine. But if we never meet again, it's the car. Not you....

Don

Get notified of new replies

To Sooo, I guess are C5's aren't cool enough!!!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM
tcrote5516
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not as cool as some of these guys that don't wave cause they are "tired" of it or it's "foolish". Someday I hope to be that cool, but for now I will just have to deal with my tool'ish happy hands.

Seriously, in general people are full of dissapointment. The few I should be able to count on to brighten my day are the few that have a similar passion....Corvette's. Come on' cool kid's...its not that hard.

I will say though I've waved at both motorcycles and Corvettes while driving my daily driver (Jeep) out of pure habbit and felt like a moron
Old 06-14-2014, 05:32 PM
tommyo4
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a corvette, jeep and harley currently. When people don't wave back especially if its a c6+ I just keep driving and think..... I'm faster than him ha ha .... He's probably doesnt even know how to open his hood....

They're the kind of owners who don't wave.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:13 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,256 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

The vette guys always wave..hell the pretty girls walking down the
street wave and the kids just stare with their mouths dropped when
I go by. The hip kids always wave. People waving at me ..no problem.

Quick Reply: Sooo, I guess are C5's aren't cool enough!!!!!