Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L5 Fender Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:56 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Update...the new fenders came in. MUCH better says my body shop.

He says really no cracks, pitting, rough edges and thin spots like the last set.

Here are the pics.

I do admit, seeing the condition of the replacement fenders, I sure am baffled by the quality of the last set they sent.

Anyhow, we'll see how things go when he tries to fit them.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 PM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I have also had both and my L5s DID NEED WORK BUT NOWHERE NEAR THAT MUTCH . and now I have corvette creations carbon ones no prep. flawless and fit good
Old 06-18-2014, 10:06 PM
meflyfrc
Melting Slicks

Received 192 Likes on 79 Posts

Much better. Your body shop should be able to work with them.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:21 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

My L5 issues continue...this time, the carbon splash guards I ordered to go with the fenders.

First of all - EXPENSIVE.

Upon closer inspection, these things have air bubbles all over the place - really far too many to be acceptable (given the pricing for these things). The entire front faces of both the left and right splash guards have visible bubbles. Very noticeable in sunlight. In addition to the unacceptable look, I can't imagine a finish with that many air bubbles would hold up well to rocks, the elements and time.

In addition, the right side has some defects in the carbon fiber weave/pattern, in the lower bottom corner...as well as some blems in the clear along the ouside edge.

I'd expect these would be in much better shape, given the cost.

I've sent L5 an email asking for a resolution. Will hope they remedy it.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

That's ridiculous, what kind of quality control does this company have?
By your description of the splash guards that came in, they should've never been shipped that way. I really hope you get taken care of and given a quality product you paid good amount of cash for.

Originally Posted by MotoJB
My L5 issues continue...this time, the carbon splash guards I ordered to go with the fenders.

Upon closer inspection, these things have air bubbles all over the place - really far too many to be acceptable (given the pricing for these things). The entire front faces of both the left and right splash guards have visible bubbles. Very noticeable in sunlight. In addition to the unacceptable look, I can't imagine a finish with that many air bubbles would hold up well to rocks, the elements and time.

In addition, the right side has some defects in the carbon fiber weave/pattern, in the lower bottom corner...as well as some blems in the clear along the ouside edge.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:09 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
That's ridiculous, what kind of quality control does this company have?
By your description of the splash guards that came in, they should've never been shipped that way. I really hope you get taken care of and given a quality product you paid good amount of cash for.
Yep...face palm.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have posted and posted about those ********s at Lewis 5 .... They suck and they will always suck
Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 PM
b98
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fenders

I put them on my 98. They fit perfect right out of the box. All I had to do was light sand to paint. It took two of us only a total of 2 hrs. install them. I will be ordering the fronts soon. If your not happy move on, and buy something else.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by b98
I put them on my 98. They fit perfect right out of the box. All I had to do was light sand to paint. It took two of us only a total of 2 hrs. install them. I will be ordering the fronts soon. If your not happy move on, and buy something else.
Already had the fenders replaced...that my shop is working on now. Just documenting the ongoing drama with the new parts.

If I knew all of this ahead of time, yeah, I would have moved on.

Too far in now.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:03 AM
BABYBUGY
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

like the carbon fiber ones for sure
Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Dude... Just sell the car and get a C6Z.... lol....

Kidding....
Old 07-25-2014, 05:57 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

No response from L5 after an email and two voice mails...

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Dude... Just sell the car and get a C6Z.... lol....

Kidding....
You're one to talk Matt! LOL You must have more in your C5Z than I do mine, for certain!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,813 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Lots of people like the L5's.. even some of my close friends are considering the look of the L5's.... Its tough to get around all the issue with the company. I've seen many horror stories over the years here.. Even if I liked the L5, I personally would not take the chance on being another unsatisfied customer. I wish they would get their act together, and over the years they have .. and it lasts for a few months and then it goes in the toilet again, And then we hear " OH the product sucks" poor quality, etc." " and I cant get through to L5 via phone and they don't answer their email. this thread is typical of the on again off again history of this company.
IM thinking anyone who has followed this saga, and still goes with them and then has issues, only has themself to blame.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:18 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

True Statement... Just ribbin ya Bro...

You're one to talk Matt! LOL You must have more in your C5Z than I do mine, for certain!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:14 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
Lots of people like the L5's.. even some of my close friends are considering the look of the L5's.... Its tough to get around all the issue with the company. I've seen many horror stories over the years here.. Even if I liked the L5, I personally would not take the chance on being another unsatisfied customer. I wish they would get their act together, and over the years they have .. and it lasts for a few months and then it goes in the toilet again, And then we hear " OH the product sucks" poor quality, etc." " and I cant get through to L5 via phone and they don't answer their email. this thread is typical of the on again off again history of this company.
IM thinking anyone who has followed this saga, and still goes with them and then has issues, only has themself to blame.
Agreed ET...if I don't get a resolution to the carbon splash guards, I definitely won't be happy (and will only have myself to blame). I heard there were issues and I still took the plunge.

I do have the original fenders they sent, as they never picked them up. I've reminded them 5 times and nothing. LOL

Perhaps I can sell them for a swinging deal to someone that won't mind putting the work into them (and still make up for any losses/pain & suffering).

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
True Statement... Just ribbin ya Bro...

Old 07-28-2014, 08:08 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Since wanting flares I researched them as much as possible. At the time there was only L5's, and TPE. I held off because I didn't like the subtle lines of the TPE and decided not to go with L5's because they were inconsistent with their products. One guy received his with seams all over the place, the other pin holes, while others seem to be fine, etc...this fact coupled with waiting a long time for resolution was enough for me to stay away. Sue seems nice and all but being nice isn't enough when trying to run a successful business! Luckily Pete just brought his fenders to market and I got the the first set set for test fitting. They weren't perfect, but much better then what motoJB just recieved!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:02 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by STALION
Since wanting flares I researched them as much as possible. At the time there was only L5's, and TPE. I held off because I didn't like the subtle lines of the TPE and decided not to go with L5's because they were inconsistent with their products. One guy received his with seams all over the place, the other pin holes, while others seem to be fine, etc...this fact coupled with waiting a long time for resolution was enough for me to stay away. Sue seems nice and all but being nice isn't enough when trying to run a successful business! Luckily Pete just brought his fenders to market and I got the the first set set for test fitting. They weren't perfect, but much better then what motoJB just recieved!

My 2nd set appears to be a lot better. Took a fair amount of work to fit properly but I believe I'll be pleased with the outcome.

Would I do it again? Probably not - I'd go with TPE (which I didn't even realize were an option because they're non-existent on the net).

I really wanted to go with the carbon creations fenders due to seemingly better quality (and who wouldn't want nice carbon over glass) but I just can't get past the look.

The CC fenders are nice but I really prefer the look/design of the L5's (or TPE's for that matter).

Get notified of new replies

To L5 Fender Questions!

Old 07-28-2014, 12:07 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

My 2nd set appears to be a lot better. Took a fair amount of work to fit properly but I believe I'll be pleased with the outcome.

Would I do it again? Probably not - I'd go with TPE (which I didn't even realize were an option because they're non-existent on the net).

I really wanted to go with the carbon creations fenders due to seemingly better quality (and who wouldn't want nice carbon over glass) but I just can't get past the look.

The CC fenders are nice but I really prefer the look/design of the L5's (or TPE's for that matter).
I found the carbon creations to be in between both...the line was not overly predominant, but not subtle either. Regardless, they will look great when they are done! Welcome to the club!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:05 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

So, my saga with L5 continues...sent the defective splash guards back...they received them. Sue was supposed to tell me 8 days ago when my replacements would be ready.

Now she isn't replying to voice mail or email messages.

She also has yet to pick up the first set of defective flare's. She has said on 4 different occasions that "UPS will be there on x date between x and y time" (so to speak) and NOTHING.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

So, my saga with L5 continues...sent the defective splash guards back...they received them. Sue was supposed to tell me 8 days ago when my replacements would be ready.

Now she isn't replying to voice mail or email messages.

She also has yet to pick up the first set of defective flare's. She has said on 4 different occasions that "UPS will be there on x date between x and y time" (so to speak) and NOTHING.
Sorry to hear about all your issues with them. I was about to pull the trigger some time ago but she kind of scared me off because she was so pushy about me sending payment that specific day.

Quick Reply: L5 Fender Questions!