Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temps

Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 AM
joewom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temps

OK I have read so much this last weekend on Coolant Temps. Everyone reports around town temps higher like 210-230. Mine are opposite. 220-230 on freeway and 190-200 around town. This normal? If not suggestions?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM
joewom
Racer

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Not normal....

What have you checked so far???????
Well I have an electric water pump and I had to rewire it as the relays and wires were bad. I should have stated this is only when its 90F + out. This morning to work it was 186 to 190 freeway. But when I came home from work friday it was 95 outside and it was 229. As soon as I got off the freeway and hit the first light it drooped fast to 205.

I made sure all fans are working. I did not take apart to see if debris was in between as I need to do more research on doing this with a supercharger. New coolant.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Hmm, since you're getting "reversed" temps, higher temps at higher speed, I'd suggest you do a "cleanout" of your radiator. A ton of threads on this particular subject here on the forum. Sure sounds like the more your engine is working, the hotter it's getting and that's usually a sign of a clogged up radiator. Read this thread and see if it applies to you.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-radiator.html

Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM
joewom
Racer

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Hmm, since you're getting "reversed" temps, higher temps at higher speed, I'd suggest you do a "cleanout" of your radiator. A ton of threads on this particular subject here on the forum. Sure sounds like the more your engine is working, the hotter it's getting and that's usually a sign of a clogged up radiator. Read this thread and see if it applies to you.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-radiator.html

Thanks, That was on my list so I will have to get to it.

Get notified of new replies

To Temps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Temps