Sponsored by:

C5Z06 seats in a C5 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 PM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5Z06 seats in a C5 Vette

Hey there Corvette world not sure if this is posted in the right section of if it has been posted before, i checked nothing came up, but I just installed C5 Z06 seats in my C5 Corvette and everything went smooth except my steering column doesnt telescope anymore =[ I figured the memory feature wouldnt work anymore which I have no problem with, but the steering column not working bugs me. Any ideas, thanks in advance
Old 04-03-2014, 04:16 PM
djmlax89
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

From this thread:

Telescoping Steering Column Calibration

Telescoping Soft Stops

After replacement of the seat control module, it is necessary to program the telescoping soft stops. Each soft stop is a programmable end of travel that is set approximately 1.3 cm (0.5 inch) from the mechanical end of travel. The steering column has a soft stop set at each end of the telescoping in/out movement. The system uses soft stops to prevent wear on the system by ensuring that the steering column movement stops before it reaches its mechanical end of travel in any direction. The soft stops are initially programmed at the factory. The stop positions may be reprogrammed, which is necessary any time the seat control module is replaced, as described in the following procedure.

Telescoping Soft Stop Programming Procedure

1] Turn ignition to ON, leaving the engine off.

2] To set the telescoping in soft stop, press the telescoping COLUMN IN switch at least eight times or until the column moves.

3] Press the telescoping COLUMN IN switch and hold the switch until the column travels all the way in, and continue to hold the switch about a second after motion stops at the mechanical end of travel. The soft stop for the column in position is now set. The seat control module automatically goes back to the normal mode of operation.

4] Repeat steps 2 and 3, using the COLUMN OUT switch, to set the column out position soft stop

could be worth a shot
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 AM
FadeAYepez
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It didnt work =[ the button is unresponsive, the z06 seats on had one connection the same as the c5 sport seats. Has no else ever done this switch?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:46 PM
GySgt1811
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FadeAYepez
It didnt work =[ the button is unresponsive, the z06 seats on had one connection the same as the c5 sport seats. Has no else ever done this switch?
Something doesn't sound right. I just replaced my '99 sport seats with memory, tracks and all, with '04 seats with the same options. The passenger side had one plug that needed to be re-hooked, but the driver's side had three plugs; a small one on the right hand seat belt retainer, and two larger plugs, one "black to black" and one "blue to blue," under the left hand side of the driver's side track.

Everything worked when I fired her up; both sides; up/down front and rear and entire seat; fore and aft, all three bladder controls and the memory function. Almost sounds as though the option packages weren't compatible.

Maybe you might want to check the old seat track assembly and see if there is maybe two plugs instead of one.

My 2 cents and probably not much help.

Gunny John

Get notified of new replies

To C5Z06 seats in a C5 Vette

Quick Reply: C5Z06 seats in a C5 Vette