Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control !!

Old 03-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Hombre
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control !!

Thought I would share this with you folks. When I bought my C5 the cruise control didn't work, I even made a post about it looking for a solution. For me the cruise is close, very close to being a deal killer, and I almost didn't buy this car just because of that issue. This car also had the worst console I had ever seen. By console I mean the surround around the radio and heater controls. It had been made into a double din by some crack addict that was also color blind. Those two issues and I was walking away. The seller lowered the price by $2,500 at my last offer and I did drive it home. The console was not that big of a deal and I had that fixed in a week. The cruise though was a serious problem and I was concerned about it.

I have not owned a late model Chevrolet for many years. I have a 1938 resto mod as well as a 55 Chevy hot rod but neither of those have factory cruise. Today was a nice day finally and I decided to take the Vette out for a spin. As I was getting dressed the TV was on and a Hot Rod show was coming on. They were showing some pictures of the interior of a "C3" Corvette. One of those pictures was from outside looking in at the gauge cluster with the door open. As I am looking at this picture I noticed the turn switch and on the end of that switch was a button. I remembered that Chevy had for years had that button, it seemed to me that you turned the cruise to on and then to set the speed you pushed that button on the end of the turn switch.

Well that wasn't what I had been doing. I was turning the switch to on and then pushing that same on switch to what I know now is resume. The cruise didn't engage so I "ASSUMED" ( always a big mistake) that it wasn't working. Surely you can imagine my joy when I got the Vette out of the shop and headed down the street and pushed that button and the cruise engaged and away we went.

I am having my wife a tee shirt made with " I am with Stupid"

Roland
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 PM
SuperDaver
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me too!

Originally Posted by Hombre
Thought I would share this with you folks. When I bought my C5 the cruise control didn't work, I even made a post about it looking for a solution. For me the cruise is close, very close to being a deal killer, and I almost didn't buy this car just because of that issue. This car also had the worst console I had ever seen. By console I mean the surround around the radio and heater controls. It had been made into a double din by some crack addict that was also color blind. Those two issues and I was walking away. The seller lowered the price by $2,500 at my last offer and I did drive it home. The console was not that big of a deal and I had that fixed in a week. The cruise though was a serious problem and I was concerned about it.

I have not owned a late model Chevrolet for many years. I have a 1938 resto mod as well as a 55 Chevy hot rod but neither of those have factory cruise. Today was a nice day finally and I decided to take the Vette out for a spin. As I was getting dressed the TV was on and a Hot Rod show was coming on. They were showing some pictures of the interior of a "C3" Corvette. One of those pictures was from outside looking in at the gauge cluster with the door open. As I am looking at this picture I noticed the turn switch and on the end of that switch was a button. I remembered that Chevy had for years had that button, it seemed to me that you turned the cruise to on and then to set the speed you pushed that button on the end of the turn switch.

Well that wasn't what I had been doing. I was turning the switch to on and then pushing that same on switch to what I know now is resume. The cruise didn't engage so I "ASSUMED" ( always a big mistake) that it wasn't working. Surely you can imagine my joy when I got the Vette out of the shop and headed down the street and pushed that button and the cruise engaged and away we went.

I am having my wife a tee shirt made with " I am with Stupid"

Roland

Im so glad i read your post. just bought a C5 and also thought the cruise wasnt working. gess im with stupid too:-)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,186 Likes on 13,910 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sometimes the solution to a problem is right in front of you. Glad you finally figured it out and can now relax and enjoy the car.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 639 Likes on 443 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

And then there's always the Owners Manual.......

Old 03-31-2014, 01:24 AM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by JrRifleCoach
And then there's always the Owners Manual.......

First thing I read with every car I purchase. I drive everyone crazy because I even read direction manuals for everything I buy before using it

Get notified of new replies

To Cruise Control !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise Control !!