Eliminating TC/AH 100%

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Got a PM from Lawdogg in the linked thread. He confirmed that he has unplugged the steering position sensor in c5 & c6 to deactivate AH....
Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mdiiulio
Post DIC codes. This is more common than it should be and it is usually a faulty SWPS.
As I mentioned earlier, the code points directly at the Yaw Rate Sensor. I replaced this and it did not fix the problem.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There are instances I have seen here on the forum where the yaw sensor mounting is at fault. Have you checked that as well?

To clear up some confusion, there is only one ABS/TCS/AH module. It is referred to as the EBCM on the C5 and is located between the radiator and PS pump. This module controls all three functions based on sensor data incoming from other parts of the vehicle.

Primarily, these include the four WSS (wheel speed sensors) and the IMU (inertial measurement unit) which includes the yaw sensor as well as G sensors. Also, as stated above, the SAS (steering angle sensor) and vehicle speed are used.

AH works by calculating yaw based on steering angle and vehicle speed, then compares it to measured yaw from the sensor. If they don't match, you are under- or over- steering and individual brakes are applied to counter. Therefore, if the SAS is faulted (or unplugged) it will disable AH as this is a required input.

ABS can use only WSS, which is why it should still function without the SAS. This is a "fail safe" mode but performance could be reduced. Even though not required, other vehicle information such as deceleration g's and yaw can enhance ABS performance.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM
_r2h
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My SAS is intermittently faulting, causes my c5 to pull to the left. Was interesting the first time it happened. Didn't figure it out until it finally set a code.

Quick Reply: Eliminating TC/AH 100%