anyone here with boltons plus nitrious useing a wideband A/F gauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default anyone here with boltons plus nitrious useing a wideband A/F gauge

Just wondering, alot of people on the other fourm was saying that it isn't necessary especially for a 100-125 shot and its a waste of money..seems like only the people who have turbo or supercharger use a wideband A/F ratio gauge. .
I have a 2002 z06 with ported polished heads, a Big cam, long tube headers and im peiceing up my nitrious kit
(via brandon@nitrousoutlet awesome guy btw) and a few more places..I mean I have the extra money to buy one of these wideband gauges thanks to uncle sam sending me an ok refund check lolol and I figured ill throw in a wideband gauge to my kit just so I can make sure everything is running smooth and if I see that my gauge is showing that my car is running lean, I can cut the car off and send it to the shop so they can see whats wrong with it..besides the gauge looking "cool" isnt a wideband A/f ratio gauge the only way to know if my car is running lean without hooking a laptop to it?
Basically is there anyone here useing an a/f gauge with there nitrious?

Thanks and Im looking for some help as you can see that im a noob with this type of stuff..
Also if you guys can post pictures of your gauge setups, I would appreciate that.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You will have better luck posting this in the FI/NOS section!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
You will have better luck posting this in the FI/NOS section!
I posted something like this a while ago over there and it seemd dead
Old 03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I have run a wideband setup on my intake/heads/cam/headers C5 for years and have used it very effectively to tune the car. It will certainly not do any harm and it's a great tool to learn tuning and to optimize whatever setup you have. I am going one step further on my new configuration where I'll be running a dual WB setup with one on each bank. That way you cover each side seperately to get a better A/F picture.

Here's my previous setup.

http://redshift.homestead.com/WBO2.html
Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Patches
I have run a wideband setup on my intake/heads/cam/headers C5 for years and have used it very effectively to tune the car. It will certainly not do any harm and it's a great tool to learn tuning and to optimize whatever setup you have. I am going one step further on my new configuration where I'll be running a dual WB setup with one on each bank. That way you cover each side seperately to get a better A/F picture.

Looks nice and great detailed link..thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Munch
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I run a wideband and have it tied to my nitrous controller so it will kill the system if too lean or rich.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Munch
I run a wideband and have it tied to my nitrous controller so it will kill the system if too lean or rich.
What kind of Nitrous controller amd wide band do you have?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Munch
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Innovate lc-1 wideband and HSW controller but I think HSW (harris speed works) went out of business.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:35 PM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Cool thanks for the info munch..
I didnt know you can hook up a wideband to the nitrous controller and have it shut off just incase I go lean, I cant believe I missed that part with all the research I have been doing for the past couple of months but then again theres really not much info when I searched for wideband + nitrious.

Instead getting a progressive controller, I brought the simple nos wot/rpm switch instead..
Ill more than likely upgrade to a nice nitrious controller in the future though.
In the mean time I just want a gauge right infront of me to let me know if im running lean so I can back off the throttle and bring to the shop..
Someone told me this is a nice package, what yall think?
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=400374656404
Old 03-08-2014, 02:29 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Hey bro is that a raptor shift light that you have mounted in gauge pod? I really wanted to mount shiftlight in the gauge pod amd was wondering if you have an extra one of those Delrin mount for the shift light or if you can make me one, I'll pay you for it no problem but if you cant/don't feel like going thru that hassle its cool I understand. .thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by moe24
Hey bro is that a raptor shift light that you have mounted in gauge pod? I really wanted to mount shiftlight in the gauge pod amd was wondering if you have an extra one of those Delrin mount for the shift light or if you can make me one, I'll pay you for it no problem but if you cant/don't feel like going thru that hassle its cool I understand. .thanks
Yep- it's a Raptor. I never liked the mount they sent with it so had a buddy of mine machine that mount from a CAD drawing I did, which I believe I still have. I'll look in to what it would take to machine one for you. It fits in a standard 52 mm gauge pod and can be pulled out to adjust the trigger RPM easily if needed.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:56 AM
moe24
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '14

Yep- it's a Raptor. I never liked the mount they sent with it so had a buddy of mine machine that mount from a CAD drawing I did, which I believe I still have. I'll look in to what it would take to machine one for you. It fits in a standard 52 mm gauge pod and can be pulled out to adjust the trigger RPM easily if needed.
Cool thanks

Get notified of new replies

To anyone here with boltons plus nitrious useing a wideband A/F gauge

Quick Reply: anyone here with boltons plus nitrious useing a wideband A/F gauge