Sponsored by:

Need Help with Mirror Connections

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Burgie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Mirror Connections

Attempting to hook up a cord from my detector to the rear view mirror on my 08 Z51 Coupe. Does anyone know which lead on the back of the plug (to the mirror) is the "Hot" when running lead and which is the "Ground" lead on the same plug. Tried several variations to no avail. Fuse is still good. With this one you have to have the car running apparently to get power to the mirror and since its push button start you can't just turn on the power.
Anyone out there with experience of the 08 Coupe that has made the proper connections?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Mastertvtech
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

A cheap 12 volt tester and 5 minutes will show you where the voltage is, especially if you already have everything exposed. Trying to remember if the map lights are live with no key.....If so, you will have both a switched and a constant power feed. I have done this to other vehicles but not my C5.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
ljthe2nd
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burgie
Attempting to hook up a cord from my detector to the rear view mirror on my 08 Z51 Coupe. Does anyone know which lead on the back of the plug (to the mirror) is the "Hot" when running lead and which is the "Ground" lead on the same plug. Tried several variations to no avail. Fuse is still good. With this one you have to have the car running apparently to get power to the mirror and since its push button start you can't just turn on the power.
Anyone out there with experience of the 08 Coupe that has made the proper connections?
You've posted in the wrong forum, this is the C5 General. You'll probably want C6 General

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help with Mirror Connections

Quick Reply: Need Help with Mirror Connections