Sponsored by:

[Z06] I'm going to buy now but

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 05:47 PM
rojhoj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm going to buy now but

has anyone done better than $47,000, black/black with chrome wheels, 0% financing 36 mos? Thanks
Old 07-13-2002, 06:17 PM
Backlash
Heel & Toe

Default Re: I'm going to buy now but (rojhoj)

That is a good price with financing - go for it. Someone will always do better, the question you should be asking is " Is this deal good enough that I can live with it?"
Old 07-13-2002, 06:37 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Default Re: I'm going to buy now but (rojhoj)

Is that used? Z06's do not come with chrome wheels. :cheers:
Old 07-13-2002, 08:40 PM
rojhoj
Racer

Default Re: I'm going to buy now but (racer44)

I walked away and here's why. BTW the chrome is aftermarket and costs them $1,300 according the the dealer. If you take the low rate financing you don't get the $1,000 rebate...so they get the $1,000 either way really. I was at one dealer who had the car on the floor exactly like I want it. So I call the salesman I have bought 2 other C4's from and he quotes me a better price and he has the car but must change to the chromes. I repeat the deal twice over the phone to make sure we are together. No problem. So I go home get the wife and kids all excited and off we go to buy our new car. We get there in his office and he says oh by the way, it's really $1,0000 more than we agreed upon. I could have had the other one in the garage with Zaino by now for less money.

Oh how a million thoughts can go through your mind in a split second.

He immediately says he has a EB with 4,000 miles which I can have for 41k. I drove it and it really has 4750. OK, it's a great deal (actually 42k with low financing) for that car with some miles on it by a GM exec.

It's not the money, it's the deal to me. So I walked away. No deal is too good to pass up. If I want a used car I can probably buy someone out of a car for less money than 42k.

My wife and kids just laughed all the way home because dad is so emotionally involved with a car.

Oh well, back to the Explorer for a few more days until the itch returns.

If anyone is interested in the blue one email me and I'll pass it on. I drove it today and it is very sweet and looks like a good deal.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm going to buy now but

Quick Reply: [Z06] I'm going to buy now but