My Auto Loan On My Vette....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
MT0911
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My Auto Loan On My Vette....

I finally paid it off completely

Seriously.... a GREAT feeling. So Great - that I needed to share.

Thanks for being awesome guys. I hope to have many, many more years of fun driving in a Corvette

Old 01-14-2014, 04:20 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Congrats! I paid mine off 2 months ago! I feel like a free man!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 PM
MT0911
Drifting

Originally Posted by jd_black_00
Congrats! I paid mine off 2 months ago! I feel like a free man!
Congrats to you too!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 253 Posts

Congrats! I paid mine off in July 2009 I think, it was over 6 years from April 2003 when I bought it.

I had a major problem, my ex took the insurance off it (liability) because I was not driving it, due to working so much, she had mentioned doing it, but I told her not to.

This was in 2008, I went to a credit union that would take payments and credit it to my credit union in California, they had no pay online, mail a check, or pay in person.

Anyways, I always looked at the new loan balance and saw it had gone up like 2500 bucks, even though I just payed $555.41.

I went in and asked the lady how this could be, it should be going down not up, so she had me call the Credit union and ask directly.

My ex had taken the liability off, and the credit union had applied their very own expensive insurance, mind you I still had comp insurance.

I got them to deduct the full 6 month policy they put on, but it still cost me over 2K, for the 1 month, they rounded up (it was more like 2 weeks) of their insurance they put on in addition to my own Allstate.

I had to call my Allstate agent and tell him to put my coverage back on immediatly, and fax it over to these people.

Then I had a heated discussion in why he allowed my wife to do that, and why he did not talk her out of doing it, that it should be common sense when someone has a loan, do not cut or suspend their coverage.

He told me he does this all the time for people and this is the first time he had heard of any loan company putting on their own insurance policy, I think he was lying.

I told him in the future, my wife was not allowed to ever make any changes to the auto or home policies, without my consent, he knew I was pissed off, and I got about 2000.00 plus interest on the that 2000.00 added to my loan.

My payments went up from 555.41 per month, to over 660.00, and the loan was extended a few more months, at the new raised price.

Wanna guess how much $$ she saved me taking off my collision or whatever it is to cover when you are driving, for 3 or so weeks?

It did not save me 1 cent, the goofy Allstate guy did this and it kept the policy the same price.

I'm not with that woman anymore, or that Allstate guy, some months later I took all my cars and home owner's account when I hit hard times and lost my job, and he could not help me out like 50 bucks, he had me as a customer for years.

He told me I could raise deductables, or lower payouts, so I went calling and shopping, hey I was now unemployed and had time.

I was so pissed at how much he was raping me on the cars and home, I got new insurance on the home with same pay outs for less than half what he was charging me (he was raising the rates by 50 bucks each year)

I forget on the cars, but I was saving about 2100.00 per year, called him a few days later to cancel.

He said cars or home, I said all! He started stuttering and asked why I was leaving?

"Remember the other day when I told you I was out of work, and was seeing if there was anything you could do, as $$ is real tight?"

He said yeah?

I said "you told me you could not do anything, except raise deductables, or lower payouts, so I went searching, and wow I found out how much you have been making off of me!"

Then he wanted to know who I went to and what I was paying, I said why, you wanna try to match them?

"Yes Michael, if I can, will you stay with me?"

I said nope, you had your chance the other day, you could have knocked off 20 bucks off the car policy and I would have been satisfied, however you gave me an attitude, as if I was bothering you, so I went shopping, so you had your chance"

"I really hate to lose you and Mary as my customers, you have been a good customer for a long time!"

I told him next time someone calls in looking for any kind of discount because they had lost a job, or whatever, it might be smart to see if you can knock off a few bucks, 10 20 bucks.

He lost a policy that was bringing in about 3K a year.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:30 PM
choyt
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats guys enjoy !!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Vette_Minded
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does feel good.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:34 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey, sorry I went off on a rant, I had a flashback. lol

Congrats on now truly being a Corvette owner, I say you do not own a car or home until you hold the title or deed in your hand with your name printed on it!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
MT0911
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1999corvettels1
Congrats! I paid mine off in July 2009 I think, it was over 6 years from April 2003 when I bought it.

I had a major problem, my ex took the insurance off it (liability) because I was not driving it, due to working so much, she had mentioned doing it, but I told her not to.

This was in 2008, I went to a credit union that would take payments and credit it to my credit union in California, they had no pay online, mail a check, or pay in person.

Anyways, I always looked at the new loan balance and saw it had gone up like 2500 bucks, even though I just payed $555.41.

I went in and asked the lady how this could be, it should be going down not up, so she had me call the Credit union and ask directly.

My ex had taken the liability off, and the credit union had applied their very own expensive insurance, mind you I still had comp insurance.

I got them to deduct the full 6 month policy they put on, but it still cost me over 2K, for the 1 month, they rounded up (it was more like 2 weeks) of their insurance they put on in addition to my own Allstate.

I had to call my Allstate agent and tell him to put my coverage back on immediatly, and fax it over to these people.

Then I had a heated discussion in why he allowed my wife to do that, and why he did not talk her out of doing it, that it should be common sense when someone has a loan, do not cut or suspend their coverage.

He told me he does this all the time for people and this is the first time he had heard of any loan company putting on their own insurance policy, I think he was lying.

I told him in the future, my wife was not allowed to ever make any changes to the auto or home policies, without my consent, he knew I was pissed off, and I got about 2000.00 plus interest on the that 2000.00 added to my loan.

My payments went up from 555.41 per month, to over 660.00, and the loan was extended a few more months, at the new raised price.

Wanna guess how much $$ she saved me taking off my collision or whatever it is to cover when you are driving, for 3 or so weeks?

It did not save me 1 cent, the goofy Allstate guy did this and it kept the policy the same price.

I'm not with that woman anymore, or that Allstate guy, some months later I took all my cars and home owner's account when I hit hard times and lost my job, and he could not help me out like 50 bucks, he had me as a customer for years.

He told me I could raise deductables, or lower payouts, so I went calling and shopping, hey I was now unemployed and had time.

I was so pissed at how much he was raping me on the cars and home, I got new insurance on the home with same pay outs for less than half what he was charging me (he was raising the rates by 50 bucks each year)

I forget on the cars, but I was saving about 2100.00 per year, called him a few days later to cancel.

He said cars or home, I said all! He started stuttering and asked why I was leaving?

"Remember the other day when I told you I was out of work, and was seeing if there was anything you could do, as $$ is real tight?"

He said yeah?

I said "you told me you could not do anything, except raise deductables, or lower payouts, so I went searching, and wow I found out how much you have been making off of me!"

Then he wanted to know who I went to and what I was paying, I said why, you wanna try to match them?

I said nope, you had your chance the other day, you could have knocked off 20 bucks off the car policy and I would have been satisfied, however you gave me an attitude, as if I was bothering you, so I went shopping, so you had your chance"

"I really hate to lose you and Mary as my customers, you have been a good customer for a long time!"

I told him next time someone calls in looking for any kind of discount because they had lost a job, or whatever, it might be smart to see if you can knock off a few bucks, 10 20 bucks.

Woah - long story lol. But man... I would be furious if that happened to me. I hate it when money gets thrown around especially if funds are tight. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end brother!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:46 PM
MT0911
Drifting

Originally Posted by choyt
congrats guys enjoy !!!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Vette_Minded
It does feel good.
Hell yes

Hey, sorry I went off on a rant, I had a flashback. lol

Congrats on now truly being a Corvette owner, I say you do not own a car or home until you hold the title or deed in your hand with your name printed on it!
Thanks a lot man! After making small payments each month for years - it feels great to know that it is all mine
Old 01-14-2014, 04:54 PM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats
Old 01-14-2014, 05:03 PM
williamb81
Instructor

He said yeah?

Im an Allstate agent, Lots of funky stuff going on here^^^^ He could have added coverage back to the day your wife dropped it. Then you could have faxed that proof to loan people to get a total refund. Sorry this happened to you and in the future feel free to pm me for advice.

Didnt mean to thread jack! Congrats on one less payment each month!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,302 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Congrats! It's a great feeling!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,399 Likes on 14,027 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Congrats. It is nice to own the car without any payments.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
chipscvettec5
Racer

Congrats...I payed mine off last week. Whew, no more car payments for awhile.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:31 PM
tonysz06
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

100%... paid mine off week before Christmas 2013.
Now I'm investing in it for keeps. Future plans a C6/Z06 but no time soon and I won't be trading to get it. Enjoying the fun of no payments.
Congratulations
Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 AM
MT0911
Drifting

Originally Posted by oldschoolvette
congrats
Thanks!

Originally Posted by williamb81
Im an Allstate agent, Lots of funky stuff going on here^^^^ He could have added coverage back to the day your wife dropped it. Then you could have faxed that proof to loan people to get a total refund. Sorry this happened to you and in the future feel free to pm me for advice.

Didnt mean to thread jack! Congrats on one less payment each month!!!!
Thanks!! - though my goal is to not have any payments each month (will never happen )

Originally Posted by jrose7004
Congrats! It's a great feeling!

Originally Posted by envyz06
congrats!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Congrats. It is nice to own the car without any payments.
Thanks man! It really is a good feeling.

Originally Posted by chipscvettec5
Congrats...I payed mine off last week. Whew, no more car payments for awhile.
Awesome - Congrats man!!

Originally Posted by tonysz06
100%... paid mine off week before Christmas 2013.
Now I'm investing in it for keeps. Future plans a C6/Z06 but no time soon and I won't be trading to get it. Enjoying the fun of no payments.
Congratulations
Congrats to you! Have fun
Old 01-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Congratulations....its all "gravy" from here

Get notified of new replies

To My Auto Loan On My Vette....

Quick Reply: My Auto Loan On My Vette....