Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Rise and Fall of GK3, Resident Corvette Forum Scalawag. Saga continues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 PM
GK3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Rise and Fall of GK3, Resident Corvette Forum Scalawag. Saga continues...

Hi everyone and welcome to the chronicles of GK3,

So I'm getting a hint that I may have gotten off on the wrong foot. (sarcasm, to soon?)

I want to clear the air; I want to sincerely and publicly apologize to this forum and any members that were offended.

For the 3 forum members that don't know what happened.

I posted a long intro thread, in an attempt to spice it up I literally googled "girls on a corvette", (try it, scroll down a bit and you can find the picture), quickly took a picture of two hot hooters girls posing on a z06 and added the caption, "Oh and here is a picture of my girlfriend and her bi sexual friend playing on my car. ”

I was hoping from talking about Miley Cyrus twearking in the first few sentences anyone reading would get my humorous undertone. However, this was a rookie mistake, SO MUCH MEANING GETS LOST IN TEXT TRANSLATIONS and I didn’t make it clear enough.

The first few posts were normal and people didn’t think a thing of it, I logged off that night and started a new job the following morning. I check my emails religiously; I was looking out for posts and responding when I would see them. But after the first few notifications they stopped coming. Figured the post was to long and no one else had responded. THIS WAS THE CRITICAL ERROR.

(Now I realize that “There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.)

Ok got it now…

Anyway, someone on there posted that this picture was also on Toque’s site. Toque then replied that it was his car and he didn’t realize why I was calling it “my” car. I didn’t see any of these posts and four days passed. It all when down hill from there.

My absence was the MAJOR PROBLEM AND REASON EVERYTHING ESCALATED. I completely understand from you guys’ perspectives that me not responding and disappearing made me look incredibly guilty. I did not realize the forum had a problem with trolls.

After my post that night, I pushed the Corvette to the backburner and focused on work. Then last night at 1am I looked at the forum from my phone in bed and saw around 150 messages spread over two threads of forum members just completely destroying me. Some forum members went as far as stalking me; posting my full name and pictures of my face so they could personally slander me.

I was incredibly upset at this. It was literally hard to type I was so angry. I even texted a buddy I know from the forum, around 1:20am and told him to get on the forum and read this craziness.

I didn’t care about the million insults to an anonymous “GK3” but the fact that pictures of myself and my real name were being publically slandered over a misunderstanding, disgusted me as I’m sure it would have bothered just about anyone. In my anger I said that I deserved an apology, this was mainly aimed at the member that was publically slandering my picture on a permanent public forum. Instead, just about every other member apologized except for him.

I apologize for not being clear about my sarcasm, I apologize for not checking my forum thread and letting this get out of hand; I apologize if I offended anyone, and I apologize for my poor attempt at humor. I will go as far as apologizing for being an idiot and posting a thread before I proof read it thoroughly. However I still don’t and will not ever condone stalking someone and posting their personal pictures on forums without their permission, which is ironically the exact thing he was accusing me of.

I sent many personal messages and responded on both forums. In the morning I got tons of messages, most importantly from Toque, on the threads and in my inbox. The vast majority of them were positive “Wow, glad you cleared that up, welcome to the forum” types. Toque’s message was positive, forgiving and very appreciated.

I originally was writing this just to apologize to everyone and move on. But when I got home from work and reread what this member said to me, I couldn’t find enough self-control to just let it go. Him and I will NEVER see eye to eye and I know he is part of the elder inner circle here. I need to know if other forum members condone his actions. If so I think its pretty clear that I don’t belong contributing to this forum.

Here’s what he had to say to me when I apologized for making the mistake.

Member,

I made a catastrophic mistake by trying to induce sarcasm into my post. I AM SORRY. Sincerely sorry this happened. I was in no way, shape, or forum trying to impersonate anyone. From my perspective, I didn't log on for two days, check my post at 1am, and find pages upon pages of you guys slandering me all over the forum. You pulled pictures off my linkedin so other forum members could talk **** to a real life picture of me? C'mon man, really? Everything in the post was serious then I throw in a random picture I found on google and say it was my gf and her bisexual friend playing on my z06, when I said in my post it was a coupe and had a picture of it as my avatar and you guys think I am literally trying to impersonate Toque. Man, I should have thought that out more and followed it with a real picture of me. I thought it was obvious but I guess alot of meaning gets lost in text. I am sorry for that, but am spending time to write you asking you to clear my name. Could you please reread over some of the **** that was said about me and put yourself in my position? All I'm asking is for you to clear my name, you have credibility on here. I am not going to stop using this site because of this misunderstanding, give me a little help here please.

Thanks,
Trey

Look... you are a 25 year old Kid. You don't ask for acceptance from a very tenured membership with many people being involved with Corvette's for 50 years. You don't come here and try to " STEAL " someone's Identity. Use copywitten photographs and call them yours. You don't try to steal the identity of a very well respected member of this forum... You screwed up Big time. There is no excuse for stupid, but there is some room for forgiveness. But you are going to have to lay it out in a big way and apologize to Mark ( Torque ) and to the senior membership also including the newbies and do it in open forum. IM not about to throw you a bone because if you did that to me, it would cost you dearly. All I did was vett you out. No one here did anything wrong but you. Cant you see that a person of even average intelligence would not ask for acceptance from a group of strongly bonded members and then pretend to be one. Steal someone identity, and then say to yourself.. should I do this? what is the risk? are these guys smart enough to see through my rouse. Is this something stupid? Did you ask torque if you could use his photographs or his thunder., You are new here and you crapped on Mark and insulted the intelligence of those of us who have bonded together over many years. I've been here 13 years and the resident Corvette factory Engineering guru. I worked as a design engineer for GM for 30 years and have been a Corvette engineer, totally involved in the C5 platform since 1995 through launch in 1997 and then 3 years of field debugging with factory engineering support. OK you need to PM Mark and apologize to him and also in open forum. You got caught doing something despicable, but I can easily forgive you. But only if I feel you are sincere about being apologetic.. I don't buy the idea about you using sarcasm. 50 and 60 and 70 year old men do not accept sarcasm from a 25 year old kid.
This is a brother hood where everyone has everyone else's back. Posting your picture and your place of work. is something you let me have. You are not to internet savy. But then your 25 years old. OK I've given you a lot to think about, you want to hang out here.. you have got to make this right. Everyone will forgive you but you have got to honestly be sorry for being so stupid, and not sorry because you got caught. I hope you are mature enough to understand the difference. Pming me was probably a step in the right direction to get forgiven, but you really have to have Mark ( Torgue ) forgive you.
I hope you figure it out. BTW you can take my advice or ignore it. its up to you..
welcome tentatively to our brotherhood

I just now went on line after telling you how to correct this and see that you are asking for an apology from us... You really are stupid aren't you...

No, I am not stupid. However I am extremely busy, please allow me a chance to speak with you before you post something publicly about this. I have apologized to Toque and made things as right as I can for now. I sincerely appreciate your advice and will reread your email when I get home and act accordingly. Please consider this an apology to you personally and to the forum. It was in poor taste to even post pictures like that. I only know one guy from the forum in real life so far and he is relatively young. I am not asking and do not expect you guys to accept a 25 year old "kid" into your group. I was just introducing myself to the forum. I am extremely busy at work but do care about this and would like to address you personally. Please afford me that chance. I will get back to you today.

Thanks for your time,
Trey

Age has nothing to do with this we have many good 18 19 and 20 year olds here. We however beat on those who act immature, display dishonest posts. And generally act stupid. Stupid is post that you want an apology from us... You did not ask for an apology from us??????
And you want us to accept you. Keep displaying your stupidity and you will only have those who are stupid to reply to your posts.
Personally you did nothing to me...I could care less one way or the other. Mark is a ***** cat but you disrespected him even though he blew it all off.. So did I but we all bond together and from my point of view. you don't want to get too involved with stupidity. I've already had a dozen or so private messages from many tenured senior members, and they were not happy with your initial thread. I believe you are trying to get past this but like I said are you really sorry for being stupid or are you sorry you got caught. telling us you want us to apologize to you tells me your not remorseful,

So there it is. Everything is on the table. I am guessing that there is not a future for the infamous GK3 on the forums. Can’t believe it has come to this over a very very small misunderstanding exploding like it has, however I will leave it up to the members to decide.

If you think it is right what he did and said then I understand and will leave. This entire thing has been bothering me all day and I have to get it off my chest. This may be the longest forum post ever and I'm sure no one will read it but since its probably my last post I figured I would lay everything out.

Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate everyone’s time.

All the best,

“The Scallywag, GK3”

Oh, one last thing and on a positive note, on the way home, I asked myself? What are the odds of me googling, “Girls on a Corvette”, picking a random picture, and it turns out to be a members car on the forums I am introducing myself to, then that picture being misunderstood and blowing up in my face like an atomic bomb. That is some serious bad luck.

With that in mind I bought some lottery tickets for the first time in years. If I win, I am going to hand deliver a brand new 2014 z51 Corvette Stingray to Toque.

How does silver work for you?

*DISCLAIMER, this is NOT my car*

Last edited by GK3; 12-17-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I forgive you. Learn from this and move forward.
I wish you many happy and safe (s)miles in your Corvette.

Your friend in Santee, SC
SDK
Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

People on here sometimes rather jump hard on the littlest things. I can understand Toque's lack of welcoming, but it is always better to have a displayed disclaimer just to cover your ***. There have been many desirable and worthless members I've met over the years. Take the remarks with a grain of salt and move on man.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:17 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

you darn fubared your start on the forum but we don't get bigger or stronger by shunning people. personally if someone doesn't want you on the forum because you mis-represented yourself because your new to the vette world and got excited then they can shove it where the sun don't shine. your fine by me 'im 21 so i'm half if not a third the age of most of these people so don't worry too much of someone doesn't like you. as long as you do your part around the forum and try your best to help as much as we help you then all is well
Old 12-17-2013, 09:21 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

well it takes a lot for someone to come forward esp. after what happened, and that thread did way out of hand..i forgive you and I can't see why anyone else would not forgive you as well!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Marine One
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I take a break long enough to travel to Philly, watch Navy kick Army's *** again with 9 of my best buds, and I miss all the excitement.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Red rag
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 451 Posts

GK3, welcome buddy! The only way you will hit the mega million is if we have the same numbers. Nice ride also!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:27 PM
GK3
Advanced

Lol, Marine_One, I'll give you a taste.

Oh and here is a picture of my girlfriend and her bi sexual friends playing on my tank.

*NEW DISCLAIMER, I, nor anyone I know, own this tank or have had sexual relations with these women**This is NOT my picture*
Old 12-17-2013, 09:28 PM
GK3
Advanced

See!? I'm learning
Old 12-17-2013, 09:29 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

Originally Posted by GK3
Lol, Marine_One, I'll give you a taste.

Oh and here is a picture of my girlfriend and her bi sexual friends playing on my tank.

*NEW DISCLAIMER, I, nor anyone I know, own this tank or have had sexual relations with these women**This is NOT my picture*
well i dont think anyone on the forum owns a tank so you should be fine
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 PM
zagger
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. Don't sweat the response of one or two old farts with no sense of humor. Yes I can call them old farts since I'm also a member of the club . My skin is pretty thick and I can swing my cane with the best of them You know there are more than 7 members on this forum and most got your joke and like myself found the entire thread very entertaining. Heck I enjoyed it so much you are my new hero. I was actually looking foreword to seeing more of you girlfriends and their bi friends

or have had sexual relations with these women
Yeah, we herd these words before!

Last edited by zagger; 12-17-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

scal·a·wag
/ˈskaləˌwag/
noun
informal
plural noun: scalawags
a person who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal.

Last edited by TXGS507; 12-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

Welcome , we all make mistakes, not as big as yours. JOKE.... I have made many . The only person that needs to forgive you is Toque and he did . Great guy who has helped me and many other members here on CF. PS. I'll take a C7 in black....
Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 PM
85corvettec4
Drifting

i appreciate it i dont usually get to troll and be included at the same time thank you
Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Who is this "Toque" character that you speak of....? I must meet him..
Old 12-17-2013, 09:45 PM
GK3
Advanced

you got it oldC5, now all I got to do is WIN, I got 30 chances lol. Its only 636 million dollars, no big deal.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:49 PM
GK3
Advanced

Originally Posted by zagger
You know there are more than 7 members on this forum and most got your joke and like myself found the entire thread very entertaining. Heck I enjoyed it so much you are my new hero. I was actually looking foreword to seeing more of you girlfriends and their bi friends
I promise I will post many more in the future. For now I'm out. I have logout anxiety now , wonder what will be said about me in my absence this time?

Get notified of new replies

To The Rise and Fall of GK3, Resident Corvette Forum Scalawag. Saga continues...

Old 12-17-2013, 09:52 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by zagger
Welcome to the forum. Don't sweat the response of one or two old farts with no sense of humor. Yes I can call them old farts since I'm also a member of the club . My skin is pretty thick and I can swing my cane with the best of them You know there are more than 7 members on this forum and most got your joke and like myself found the entire thread very entertaining. Heck I enjoyed it so much you are my new hero. I was actually looking foreword to seeing more of you girlfriends and their bi friends

Yeah, we herd these words before!
I am thinking about changing my username to scalawagcrew...
Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 PM
GK3
Advanced

Oh and while I'm still freshly hated, I want to get this out there. I am a New Orleans Saints fan, have a long list of individual NFL favorites, have a huge tattoo of a Carolina Gamecock on my back, love Charleston, SC more than life itself and I love Merica'.

If anyone has a problem with that lemme hear em now.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 PM
TXVette435
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GK3
Hi everyone and welcome to the chronicles of GK3,
You know Trey, I give you kudos to come forward and appologize. You are young, but that it not disadvantage to corvette hobby and lovers.
I can tell you that lots of us cannot eassily admit a mistake or error also. (you know us older guys need a time to get a joke, no wonder, right?, but even thou, it was not right what you did, hell not with Mark's Z06, you could post some factory pics...lol))

I think you are still welcome to the forum, let's put it behind, brush it of (especially us proud members) and move on.
If you are honest, and I believe you are, just continue and post

IT"S OVER.

Thanks and hope to see you around.
Kevin, C2C2 Member, Dallas, TX
https://www.facebook.com/C2C2Vette

Last edited by TXVette435; 12-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: The Rise and Fall of GK3, Resident Corvette Forum Scalawag. Saga continues...