C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost to a Hyundai....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I have and drive both. A 2008 C6 and a 2013 Sonata 2.0 turbo. I can say I love to drive both!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
cars aren't as important to a lot of kids today, hell, even i don't really care all that much about cars anymore but this new generation is growing up in a time where society is aware there is only so much oil left and only so many minerals to mine. conserving and stretching it as long as possible are much more of a theme than the time of greed and expansion that took place 1950-2000

So true. Even major car magazines have a high percentage of articles about alternative powered vehicles, including most of the editorials. There will come a time when hydrocarbon producing vehicles will be outlawed in the first world countries. Talk about "garage queen"; if I'm not dead, I'll have to push it out of the garage to wash.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:42 PM
obnoxus
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 98gorby
Alli caught on his bumper as he pulled off was the wording "genesis r-spec". Very impressive for a 4 door v6 hyundai. Got my respect. Lt headers gears and a tune are in order for me
R Spec aint no V6 !!!

Very nice car actually..... I saw a road test somewhere where it outperformed the BMW 5 series
Old 11-21-2013, 02:02 PM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
There are a number of cars out there now that can hang with the C5. Other manufacturers have stepped up there game and are extracting some impressive HP and torque numbers from four and six cylinder power plants. Even if m C5 is not the fastest thing out there, it's still a car I enjoy driving every time I get behind the wheel.
I didn't buy mine to mod and be faster than anyone else (there's always someone faster) .. I wanted to keep mine basically stock with only aftermarket exhaust to sound like a Vette should and be able to put top down and 'row the gears' for fun. I don't care if the guy next to me can blow my doors off with 'whatever' he's driving - I'm enjoying mine to fullest and that's all that matters to me !
Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Ole Blaster
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

429 HP !!!! LS3 ????
Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Tom Keitzer
Instructor

Originally Posted by sfc rick
I've always felt that increasing your car's performance to keep current(or in my case EXCEED) horsepower that most new performance cars have. NO ONE is going to pull next to me and anticipate this old C5 to perform at 1998 levels. Just saying, they better bring their A game.
Have SHOCKED many a C6 and several ZO6's. LOL
Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000BC
"We did have one weird kid who liked Caddies and Buick Electras. "

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!!

Gorgeous!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
So true. Even major car magazines have a high percentage of articles about alternative powered vehicles, including most of the editorials. There will come a time when hydrocarbon producing vehicles will be outlawed in the first world countries. Talk about "garage queen"; if I'm not dead, I'll have to push it out of the garage to wash.

not sure if this will happen or they will just become so expensive to drive that they price out all but the ultra wealthy

one of the two will happen at some point in time though

i'm not looking forward to the day global oil production starts to taper. just the psychology will get everyone all freaked out
Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum

not sure if this will happen or they will just become so expensive to drive that they price out all but the ultra wealthy

one of the two will happen at some point in time though

i'm not looking forward to the day global oil production starts to taper. just the psychology will get everyone all freaked out
Everyone do their part - VOTE!!

If anyone needs further explanation... well.... just open your ears and eyes and use some good ole independent thinking...
Old 11-21-2013, 03:18 PM
cramar
Advanced

Default C5 with LT1

Originally Posted by Blow Torch
Not a lot of "20 year old technology" left in mine
I don't like the newer styles, so I just update mine to "better than new" standards. (And that will include a 2014 motor in Jan )
Now THAT has my heart pumping! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle

If anyone needs further explanation... well.... just open your ears and eyes and use some good ole independent thinking...
I think you're a victim of wishful thinking, if you think voting makes any difference. Even the vote is circumvented by better marketing.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by JaxEagle

both parties are controlled by various corporate interests

the comment about oil really has nothing to do with voting. there's no one that can affect how many barrels are left in the ground. the only argument is how quickly they want to extract them

Quick Reply: Lost to a Hyundai....