Sponsored by:

Corvette C5 Borla Stinger Exhaust 140017 on sale for the holidays! $699.99

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:32 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Corvette C5 Borla Stinger Exhaust 140017 on sale for the holidays! $699.99

Hi guys,

We are going to run some great specials for the holidays, we are going to work on a few different Borla systems....to kick things off..

Corvette C5 Borla Exhaust, Borla Stinger, Borla 140017

Fits all 1997-2004 C5 Corvettes. This is the famous Borla Stinger S type muffler for that agressive sound on your Corvette. You have your choice of tip style and quad or dual outlets. Fits all C5 Corvettes including the Z06.

This is exhaust is pretty agressive, so be sure and hear it in person before purchasing. No refunds for installed exhaust systems.

BORLA Cat-Back exhausts feature patented straight-through and multi-core technology to unleash hidden horsepower. Increased exhaust velocity adds power, driving excitement, fuel economy and the distinctive BORLA Sound of Power respected by motoring enthusiasts everywhere. Each system is built from premium Aircraft-Quality T-304 Stainless Steel, an alloy superior to T-400 series knockoffs, to give you the absolute best in performance and durability. Ultra-smooth mandrel bends ensure maximum flow and power, and precision computer-controlled CNC manufacturing ensures an accurate fit. Best of all, BORLA stands behind every system with a Million-Mile Warranty. Just what you'd expect from the world's most experienced (and most winning) exhaust brand.

Borla Performance has created quite a buzz with Vette owners! This incredibly popular 2-tip or 4 tip catback (dubbed the "Stinger" on the Internet) features "S-Type" muffers, smaller round mufflers with a center-in and center-out configuration giving a more aggressive sound and higher flow.

BORLA offers a variety of options for the C5, C6 and Z06. Choose from several tip styles and muffler designs. Cat-Backs and Rear Sections are available with either the highly popular S-Type muffler or the Touring muffler. The S-Type is a smaller, round muffler with a center-in-center-out configuration giving a more aggressive sound and higher flow. For those who prefer it on the milder side, we have the Touring muffler - a larger case producing less aggressive sound. Some come with an assortment of tip designs.

Across the country engine builders, Corvette shops and enthusiasts have proclaimed the S-Type by BORLA as the system no one can beat. BORLA has once again set the pace in the Corvette performance exhaust world. Others only wish they were genuine BORLA. The horsepower is incredible, but the BORLA growl similar to a NASCAR backing off for a hard turn at Daytona is the part that puts a smile on everyone’s face. It just says POWER. Make no mistake -- this is an aggressive exhaust system. Not for sissies.
Borla, the original pioneers of aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel (superior to 400 series and aluminized steel) free flow exhaust utilizes its patented, award and race winning technology to deliver quality, durability, sound, performance gains and enhanced fuel economy. All BORLA street products are assembled in the USA and carry the famous BORLA written Million-Mile Warranty.

Sale priced $699.99/ free ground shipping to the lower 48 states!

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...017-p-175.html

Thanks guys..
Old 12-06-2013, 08:56 AM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are the Stingers not quite as loud as the B&B Bullets?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 03 Z-oh-6
Are the Stingers not quite as loud as the B&B Bullets?
Not quite.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sale has been extended to 2014 Tax Day because of such popular demand....
Old 02-25-2014, 12:44 AM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

Had Corsa Pace Car system on my last C5 with stock manifolds and it was just way too quiet!

Would have these the same way, I just don't see myself affording headers. How much drone will the S-Type or Stingers make?

Have only heard them in person with long tube headers (and probably without cats) and they were WAY loud. Would expect them to be much quieter with stock system? Don't want the neighbors and LEO's ticked off.

Have been leaning toward Corsa Xtremes, but they are twice (or more) expensive. $699.00 sounds much, much more reasonable!

DSTURBD
Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DSTURBD
Had Corsa Pace Car system on my last C5 with stock manifolds and it was just way too quiet!

Would have these the same way, I just don't see myself affording headers. How much drone will the S-Type or Stingers make?

Have only heard them in person with long tube headers (and probably without cats) and they were WAY loud. Would expect them to be much quieter with stock system? Don't want the neighbors and LEO's ticked off.

Have been leaning toward Corsa Xtremes, but they are twice (or more) expensive. $699.00 sounds much, much more reasonable!

DSTURBD
The Stinger is louder than they S-Type but the S-Type has a lot less drone.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have LGM headers (w/cats), X-pipe, and Borla Stingers on a '02 C5 vert. I love the setup! Zero drone, not loud at all with normal driving, some popping occurs when you increase the RPM's more than normal and then completely let up on the accelerator.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
The Stinger is louder than they S-Type but the S-Type has a lot less drone.
From the ad, I thought the S Type and Stinger were the same thing?

DSTURBD
Old 03-04-2014, 05:52 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

From the ad, I thought the S Type and Stinger were the same thing?

DSTURBD
Yeah you're right actually. Must have been thinking of the ATAK or Sport II system. S-type and Stinger mean the same thing here. The 140017 system on a C5 will create some drone, but on a car that's otherwise stock it's perfectly manageable in my opinion.

Problem with the Corsas is that the only way to achieve zero drone on a C5 is a system that doesn't sound very aggressive. No way would I recommend a Corsa (even the Extreme) for the majority of C5 applications. Obviously there's some subjectivity to this stuff but I wouldn't want you to spend a ton more money just to get an underwhelming end result.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
Yeah you're right actually. Must have been thinking of the ATAK or Sport II system. S-type and Stinger mean the same thing here. The 140017 system on a C5 will create some drone, but on a car that's otherwise stock it's perfectly manageable in my opinion.

Problem with the Corsas is that the only way to achieve zero drone on a C5 is a system that doesn't sound very aggressive. No way would I recommend a Corsa (even the Extreme) for the majority of C5 applications. Obviously there's some subjectivity to this stuff but I wouldn't want you to spend a ton more money just to get an underwhelming end result.

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply!! Yeah, I agree completely with what you say. I had the Corsa Pace Car Tiger Sharks and X pipe on my last one. They were so quiet on an otherwise stock system, that I was convinced for a while that I had been slipped a set of Tourings instead. I think that the S-Types are going to be exactly what I'm wanting and was expecting before......AND at basically half the price!!! Score!!!!!!

Problem is that I won't be able to pull the trigger on them until late June when I get my big paycheck. My stipends will all be on that one.

Years ago, I had a '55 Chevy with an L-88 spec, solid lifter 427 with Hooker headers and Magna Flow Turbo Muffs on it that was glorious sounding. Would like these to be similar. Was not deafening, but unmistakably there!!!!!

Thanks again Dave. Definitely looking forward to June 20th!!

Oh, also, are the single tips on each side bigger than the dual tips?

DSTURBD
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply!! Yeah, I agree completely with what you say. I had the Corsa Pace Car Tiger Sharks and X pipe on my last one. They were so quiet on an otherwise stock system, that I was convinced for a while that I had been slipped a set of Tourings instead. I think that the S-Types are going to be exactly what I'm wanting and was expecting before......AND at basically half the price!!! Score!!!!!!

Problem is that I won't be able to pull the trigger on them until late June when I get my big paycheck. My stipends will all be on that one.

Years ago, I had a '55 Chevy with an L-88 spec, solid lifter 427 with Hooker headers and Magna Flow Turbo Muffs on it that was glorious sounding. Would like these to be similar. Was not deafening, but unmistakably there!!!!!

Thanks again Dave. Definitely looking forward to June 20th!!

Oh, also, are the single tips on each side bigger than the dual tips?

DSTURBD
The single tips are bigger (and the quad tipped system is more expensive)...here's a couple images that I think show the difference really well:

http://www.borla.com/productImages/m...vehicle_xl.jpg

and

http://www.borla.com/productImages/m...vehicle_xl.jpg

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Hello again Dave,

Just counting the days 'til I get my big check at the end of June. The more I look at other offerings and used systems for sale, the more I know I will be pullin' the trigger on these with you June 20th!!! Assuming the price is still good until then.

Thanks for the pics above. I think I actually prefer the dual tips over the quads, the more I look at them.

Talk to you again soon,
DSTURBD
Old 04-12-2014, 02:33 PM
avigar
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 161 Posts

I have these exact same ones installed and love the throaty sound. Very minimal and bearable drone are certain rpms. The ones that don't produce the drone, according to Borla, are the redesigned S Type II Stingers. They're the ones with the oval cans and the inlet/outlet ports on the same side. The sound is also supposedly slightly different in tone compared to the original S Type. However, Borla techs say that more Vette owners prefer the original S Type design above for the sound.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:38 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by avigar
I have these exact same ones installed and love the throaty sound. Very minimal and bearable drone are certain rpms. The ones that don't produce the drone, according to Borla, are the redesigned S Type II Stingers. They're the ones with the oval cans and the inlet/outlet ports on the same side. The sound is also supposedly slightly different in tone compared to the original S Type. However, Borla techs say that more Vette owners prefer the original S Type design above for the sound.
Yeah, I definitely want the originals!!! Have read a lot of posts like yours of guys that love their Borla Stingers!!

DSTURBD
Old 04-12-2014, 02:46 PM
avigar
Drifting

Received 263 Likes on 161 Posts

Go for it when you're ready. You won't regret it.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:33 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by avigar
Go for it when you're ready. You won't regret it.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:41 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Hi guys,

We are going to run some great specials for the holidays, we are going to work on a few different Borla systems....to kick things off..

Corvette C5 Borla Exhaust, Borla Stinger, Borla 140017

Fits all 1997-2004 C5 Corvettes. This is the famous Borla Stinger S type muffler for that agressive sound on your Corvette. You have your choice of tip style and quad or dual outlets. Fits all C5 Corvettes including the Z06.

This is exhaust is pretty agressive, so be sure and hear it in person before purchasing. No refunds for installed exhaust systems.

BORLA Cat-Back exhausts feature patented straight-through and multi-core technology to unleash hidden horsepower. Increased exhaust velocity adds power, driving excitement, fuel economy and the distinctive BORLA Sound of Power respected by motoring enthusiasts everywhere. Each system is built from premium Aircraft-Quality T-304 Stainless Steel, an alloy superior to T-400 series knockoffs, to give you the absolute best in performance and durability. Ultra-smooth mandrel bends ensure maximum flow and power, and precision computer-controlled CNC manufacturing ensures an accurate fit. Best of all, BORLA stands behind every system with a Million-Mile Warranty. Just what you'd expect from the world's most experienced (and most winning) exhaust brand.

Borla Performance has created quite a buzz with Vette owners! This incredibly popular 2-tip or 4 tip catback (dubbed the "Stinger" on the Internet) features "S-Type" muffers, smaller round mufflers with a center-in and center-out configuration giving a more aggressive sound and higher flow.

BORLA offers a variety of options for the C5, C6 and Z06. Choose from several tip styles and muffler designs. Cat-Backs and Rear Sections are available with either the highly popular S-Type muffler or the Touring muffler. The S-Type is a smaller, round muffler with a center-in-center-out configuration giving a more aggressive sound and higher flow. For those who prefer it on the milder side, we have the Touring muffler - a larger case producing less aggressive sound. Some come with an assortment of tip designs.

Across the country engine builders, Corvette shops and enthusiasts have proclaimed the S-Type by BORLA as the system no one can beat. BORLA has once again set the pace in the Corvette performance exhaust world. Others only wish they were genuine BORLA. The horsepower is incredible, but the BORLA growl similar to a NASCAR backing off for a hard turn at Daytona is the part that puts a smile on everyone’s face. It just says POWER. Make no mistake -- this is an aggressive exhaust system. Not for sissies.
Borla, the original pioneers of aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel (superior to 400 series and aluminized steel) free flow exhaust utilizes its patented, award and race winning technology to deliver quality, durability, sound, performance gains and enhanced fuel economy. All BORLA street products are assembled in the USA and carry the famous BORLA written Million-Mile Warranty.

Sale priced $699.99/ free ground shipping to the lower 48 states!

Available here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...017-p-175.html

Thanks guys..
Old 12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Sale is back on until the end of the year!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C5 Borla Stinger Exhaust 140017 on sale for the holidays! $699.99

Quick Reply: Corvette C5 Borla Stinger Exhaust 140017 on sale for the holidays! $699.99