Sponsored by:

How do I release trunk on C5 convertible when battery dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:25 PM
1 BAD 9T9
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O4-/-C5
I have a vert with a sound partition which does not allow access to the trunk from the cabin.
I attached a cable (same size as the other release cables) to the white pull handle under the trunk latch and brought the cable to a location in back of the drivers seat with a plastic pull handle attached to the end.
The cable takes a path under and to the side of the center trunk hatch cover.
It works like a charm even with a full trunk.
This is the best of all the answers. Some of the smart *** answers do not impress me. If you have two sets of golf clubs in the trunk, you need to be a magician to get at the handle. My 99 doesn't have the handleb ut I can rig up the cable to the trunk latch and all will be OK. Thanks again to the serious people.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,236 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by o2bnkc
What are you talking about. All you have to do is lift the top up, lift the cover up, push the seat forward and reach through the back and pull the wire. What's so hard about that? I've done it before.
I would think if his battery was dead (his original premise) and wouldn't open the trunk, the tonneau cover wouldn't release either. Wouldn't help on a FRC or Z06 either. In either case, I'd just jump or charge the battery and release the trunk.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
I would think if his battery was dead (his original premise) and wouldn't open the trunk, the tonneau cover wouldn't release either. Wouldn't help on a FRC or Z06 either. In either case, I'd just jump or charge the battery and release the trunk.
There's a release for the cover, too. It's behind the waterfall. The OP was talking about his convertible.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter R
This is the best of all the answers. Some of the smart *** answers do not impress me. If you have two sets of golf clubs in the trunk, you need to be a magician to get at the handle. My 99 doesn't have the handleb ut I can rig up the cable to the trunk latch and all will be OK. Thanks again to the serious people.
ounce of prevention

Quick Reply: How do I release trunk on C5 convertible when battery dead