Sponsored by:

[Z06] Where are the Bose speakers placed in the ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 PM
partisan
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Where are the Bose speakers placed in the ZO6

I purchased a 2002 ZO6 that has a Kicker amp W/speakers already installed. I want to have all this removed and the original Bose speakers re installed. Other than the two doors where are the other 2 speakers mounted? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:46 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by partisan
I purchased a 2002 ZO6 that has a Kicker amp W/speakers already installed. I want to have all this removed and the original Bose speakers re installed. Other than the two doors where are the other 2 speakers mounted? Thanks for your help.
I haven't ever pulled mine but they appear to be in the rear "hatch" sides.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try using the "Fade" on the headunit. Fade it to the rear and listen... I dont have the car here and have never really looked.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:03 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 449 Likes on 330 Posts

They are in the B pillar just ahead of the rear wheels. (Same place as the other C5s)
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3sACROWD
They are in the B pillar just ahead of the rear wheels. (Same place as the other C5s)
this.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM
partisan
Instructor

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM
bklnz06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of front and rear bose speakers I just took out my 02 let me no if you need them
Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Your the first person I've heard that wanted to go back to the Bose.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:24 PM
partisan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul 75 L82
Your the first person I've heard that wanted to go back to the Bose.
I thought Bose was suppose to be the best you could get. Am I wrong?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by partisan
I thought Bose was suppose to be the best you could get. Am I wrong?
OMG, thats about the funniest things I've heard. Sorry, understand if you not into audio.

Famous saying for many years, "No Highs, No Lows - Must be Bose!"

There are tons of much better speakers, amplifiers and headunits than what Chevrolet put in your Vette.

For someone without a lot of knowledge or skills, Dennis at DoubleD Mods can help you make a much better sounding car with very little output of dollars...
Old 11-07-2013, 05:27 PM
partisan
Instructor

You correctly assumed that I had no audio knowledge. The 02 ZO6 I bought has a Kicker Amp installed. When I adjust the "fade" I lose one or some of the speakers, and it sounds like some $20 Pep Boy speakers. The original Bose speakers came with the car, and I wanted them re installed, and the amp removed. I checked one audio place, and was told it could cost anywhere from $80 (their min rate) to $250 to remove the amp, and replace the Bose, depending on what was cut in the wiring, etc. I need advice from some of you guys, but before you bust a gut laughing, remember, I have no audio knowledge. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Partisan, I'm rollin' on the floor in tears here, laughin' at your want, to reinstall Blowse after someone else has at least installed better equipment (if not wired correctly). This is gonna be loonng... I dunno that you wanna take anything I say to heed. It'll cost you. Your ignorance really does result in a sort of audio 'financial bliss'. Lemme expound...

Years ago, and to his eternal damnation, one of my closest friends taught me about stereo equipment (he owned a high-line stereo store). I was taught about all phases of sound reproduction--speakers, amps, processors, equalization, wiring, wall composition, furniture, etc., etc., etc. Over the years it has cost me more than the price of two cars, damn that man. Sometimes I wish I never knew what I didn't know before I met him.

I learned to listen for content, not "sound". I was put in a room with the lights out. Eyes shut. Hank would say, "do you hear that piccolo ? How about the 3rd violin?" Did you hear the conductor accidentally tap the music stand with the baton when he turned the page? Idiot. Where is Eddie Van Halen standing now?" Does the Ann Wilson sound live or is she singing in a tin metal shed? Is Jimi's guitar playing from deep in a tunnel or is that reverberation off the concrete walls at the Cow Palace?" LISTEN, don't hear. Speakers are the most important component in an audio system (maybe). A very good signal processor is required, but amplification cannot be scrimped. Good power plays low volume like you won't believe. And a good set of speakers will delineate a piano from a harp from a violin from a viola from a cello, and you'll hear that single string on some particular instrument vibrate its' note! If all you hear is a melody to hum to, you're not listening. It doesn't matter that "you don't listen to good, full-range music"... your speaker has to be capable of that quality or what you hear will be "too loud" and annoying rather than pleasurable--either tinny, boomy, or muddy--because the clarity isn't there, the distortion is overpowering all possibilities of quality. Go to the theater, any movie theater--they use the cheapest speakers they can. Oh, sure, some claim THX blah, blah, blah, but they're fillin' 6-to-8-to 12 boutique theaters with 7.1 (six speakers and a center channel, plus a subwoofer). Ya think they're gonna spend what you'd spend at home?? Listen to an action movie--how come you can't hear ALL the dialogue? Why do car tires screeching sound SOO offensive--not like they do in real life? The one word answer: "distortion".

So I say, do what was done to me, if you wanna learn about true stereo quality--look up an audio-video dealer in your area, one who has rooms separated for listening--where the doors can be shut so you're listening in the room without ambient noise. No "Best Buy", or 'warehouse'-type "discount" stores. Find you a place that deals in Krell, McIntosh, Carver, Adcom, B&W speakers. No Sony, Onkyo, JBL, etc.

You're not going to listen to buy. You're going to listen in the ideal situation and surroundings to what music should sound like. Be frank, to a point, with the salesperson--tell'm you wanna be taught how to listen to music (if you do go in the first place). Obviously, driving in a car with road noise will compromise what you can do, but learning to listen can make music more enjoyable, even in a car--though your 'new-found' ability (to distinguish the difference between excellent duplication and just plain mediocre) could come at a very high price. It may be a path you don't wanna travel. Consider that, too.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 PM
partisan
Instructor

First let me sincerely thank you for your in depth reply. I understand what you are saying, but it is far more detailed (ie;expensive) than I care for. Most of the time I don't want any music on while driving. I like to listen to the sound of the engine my ZO6 puts out. I just want decent sound, not sound like a music major, just decent. Since I have admitted that I don't know anything about audio systems, let me explain in terms I'm very familiar with, handguns. I own mostly top of the line pistols because I admire their quality, just as you do listening to music. If I want to go to the range and shoot I have a variety of guns to choose from. I own a Colt .380acp that I purchased new in 1983. I still have the box, all the paperwork, and it looks like it did the day it was made. It is valued somewhere in the $750-$850 price range. I also own a Kel-Tec .380acp that I purchased new for around $250. They both function well, and they both shoot the same ammo. I realize the difference between the quality of these pistols, but will almost always shoot the cheaper Kel-Tec. If you wanted to buy one of these pistols from me, and you had about the same knowledge of pistols that I have for audio equipment, I would first ask if the price mattered? If you said, absolutely not, then I would explain the beauty, and value of buying my Colt. If you said, "I just need something that is reliable, and doesn't cost a lot." I would explain to you that the Kel-Tec is 100% reliable, and would suggest you purchase it instead of the better quality, but no better reliability, of the Colt. I hope you see where I'm coming from on car audio systems, I need the Kel-Tec. Thanks for your time.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Understood; completely. And if you like "top of the line handguns" this may be a site you'll enjoy if you haven't seen it before... Google "LTW guns". Some of the finest P'smiths in the country pander there. (but most offerings are bigger than Mustang-size)

Last edited by dork; 11-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:47 PM
LoneStarZ06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your looking at about 150 to 250 for taking out the amp and buying used bose speakers and install of new speakers. the quality will be just ok with no guarantees with the equipment.

Better quality will cost you around 500 to 700...or more depending on the quality speakers you want.
this will get you a pair of 6.5" component speakers, a custom pod for the doors as the door speakers were 8" with a separate tweeter, a pair of 5.25" coxial speakers for the rear, and labor with a warranty on your parts and labor and the quality of the sound will be 10 times better then the bose even at the lower end of speakers.

Hope this helps you...BTW I own a car alarm stereo shop in humble texas if you are any near you can pm me and I will give you the number. I think I still have my stock speakers if you are interested.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 AM
fxdl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the sound of the ls6 through ti exhaust

Get notified of new replies

To Where are the Bose speakers placed in the ZO6

Quick Reply: [Z06] Where are the Bose speakers placed in the ZO6