Sponsored by:

BEST MP3 player for the Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Red5
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default BEST MP3 player for the Vette?

Looks like someone else needed my last set up more than myself. So now I get to go shopping for a new set up. What do you suggest? I need something that has a good amount of storage and can be tied into my factory system.

Looking for ideas on what you think is best.

Best means that it is large enough, easy to use, sounds great (No loss of sound), and implements itself to the factory system.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 552 Posts

there are no mp3 players that "implement" the factor system, if by implement you mean it in any way shows anything on the radio (like track number, title, etc).

For the factory system, the best you can do is a pie adapter, and connect any mp3 player through the headphone jack (although I *think* there is a version that will connect to the ipod connector)

really, just about any old deactivated phone with even basic storage will do--- you can buy a dirt cheap android phone that's practically new off ebay with basic memory (16 gigs) and have TONS of storage for music.

What matters more is what kind of music do you have, i.e., where did it come from? If you use iTunes, best bet is an apple product. If you use app store, best bet is an android device. IF you just have a bunch of cds/mp3s hanging around on your computer, either android or apple word, although I think android is a bit easier.

As for loss of sound, that's also really going to be more tied to the types of files you have than to the device--- quality of just about any modern phone is about equal across the different manufacturers. Newer HTC phones come with Beats audio software which increases "fullness" of the audio, while some swear by apple.

If for some reason you want a dedicated mp3 player, just go with an ipod.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:46 AM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's something that plays through Bluetooth from your phone.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 AM
seansz28
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my favorite mp3 player single din is the parrot asteroid if you decide to change the deck
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
GM Fan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty happy with my current setup, blutooth with my phone. An aux2car adapter under the console gives me an aux in, then a Kinivo btc450 bluetooth adapter is in the center console. http://www.kinivo.com/Kinivo-BTC450-.../dp/B009NLTW60

I rewired the console power outlet to be powered with the ignition, so the kinivo is left in the outlet. It pairs with my phone as soon as i start the car, an App on my android phone immediately starts playing where it left off. The play/pause/rwd-ffwd button i mounted just outside the console (silver dollar sized). Phone never leaves my pocket.

Only con is no display of the song title or album info, etc, except on the phone.

Get notified of new replies

To BEST MP3 player for the Vette?

Quick Reply: BEST MP3 player for the Vette?