Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chadwick's Triple Play Review... (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 PM
0chadwickstripleplay
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Bobd207s
Well as you can see from the pics above Mike came over my place today and " Chadwicked" my car. I'm no detailing expert but every Spring I detail the car including a wash with Dawn soap, Clay bar, wipe the car down with a degreaser and then a couple coats of Rejex. It usually takes me 2 - 3 hrs and my car looks and feels awesome. This morning the condition of my car was dirty - hadn't washed it in almost a week plus on Sunday I drove it in the rain so it was covered in water spots. Today Mike used the Chadwick Triple Play product on my car - It took less than 1/2 hr and my car looked and felt every bit as smooth as if I had just detailed it ! All the heavy dirt especially around the wheel wells disappeared effortlessly. The clear bra and surface of my car are now buttery soft and smooth - as if i did a full detail on it. We also applied the product to my chrome wheels and exhaust tips and they look fantastic. Next we applied the product to all the glass - again the results were terrific. We then applied the tire dressing - so easy to do, drys instantly and looks fantastic. I said to Mike I couldn't get over how easy it was to get these results and I kept muttering to myself - damn this feels just like I clay barred the car. Lastly Mike applied a coat of Zaino and this took the shine to the next level. I think the Chadwick Triple Play is an awesome product - so easy to apply and the results are fantastic ! I especially think guys who like to show their cars will love it because it will clean up any dirt, etc you pick up getting to the show and yield an incredible shine and smoothness to the finishes of your car with very little effort and time. The only thing left now is to see how long these products last.
Bob....Thanks so much for the write up and kind words...It makes it all worth while when I know a true "car guy" is happy...."Chadwick" that Vette!!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Anyone using this on painted wheels? Lips in particular... I have always used re-jex but...
Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 AM
0chadwickstripleplay
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tbrent
Anyone using this on painted wheels? Lips in particular... I have always used re-jex but...
You can use Triple Play with complete confidence on painted wheels...many of my clients have them, as well as, anodized and powder coated....Thanks for your post and question...Neil
Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Originally Posted by chadwickstripleplay
You can use Triple Play with complete confidence on painted wheels...many of my clients have them, as well as, anodized and powder coated....Thanks for your post and question...Neil
Thanks Neil
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still kind of skeptical on this no wash thing and then rubbing over dirt and grit. Especially on a black car. Has anyone use this on a black car? I cant help but imagine so many tiny scratches in the clear coat that will be visible in the light.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

also, how long does a bottle of the spray last?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Zr-1Mike00
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
I am still kind of skeptical on this no wash thing and then rubbing over dirt and grit. Especially on a black car. Has anyone use this on a black car? I cant help but imagine so many tiny scratches in the clear coat that will be visible in the light.
also, how long does a bottle of the spray last?
This should help you out:

http://chadwickstripleplay.com/faq

I use it on my dark green Eldorado with no issues with micro scratches. Like in the FAQ's if you don't rub back and fourth you will be all set. As far as the longevity of the bottle I would say about 10 applications per bottle. I am on bottle number two and will be purchasing it by the gallon from now on.

Kind of like Frank's Red Hot.... I use this **** on everything ...

But really: Paint, Windows, Exhaust, Wheels you name it.

I was just as skeptical until I achieved such great results in a fraction of the time.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

NOTE - These are just my personal conclusions so far - not a scientific study!

I am pretty **** about my black 2001 - even though it is my DD, the paint still looks flawless (actually better than new) as a do a full ground up paint correction about twice a year (takes about 80 hours).

For maintenance, I wipe it down EVERY day before I hit the streets. I only wash my car maybe 2-3 times a year (for the past 13 years). My daily routine is to first use a California Duster - just barely touching the surface to remove most of the loose dust, silica, etc. This may introduce some fine micro scratches (depending on the composition of the dust that day), but usually just in the layers of protectant (in my case Zaino) - not usually the clear coat itself. I then wipe down the entire surface with Z6 or Z8 and that fill-in the visible micro scratches from the day before.

I have been substituting Chadwick's the last few weeks for the daily touchups - alternating with the Zaino detailers. As with other quick detailers I have tried over the years (like Griots Speedshine, Menzerna, etc.), I have found it to "fog" up after about 24-36 hours (like it is trying to bond with the paint, but just can get through the Zaino layers). It leaves a noticeable somewhat "hazy" layer of protection that clouds up in spots (which I doubt would be an issue if you use "wax" on your paint vs sealant). I suspect it just can't fully "bond" with the Zaino.

On the plus side it does a great job of filling in any minor scratches temporarily and if you did not have a black car probably none of this would be that noticeable. If you prefer the "waxed" look vs the "Zaino Sealant refractive" look then you will be happy with the results. It does absorb light more than reflect it (IMO) - which may be a good thing for the average DD paint job, but if your paint has been prepped and detailed close to perfection (like mine) you will see the differences. When it does cloud up, you can just wipe down the car with distilled water and it will help "reset" the finish for a day or so or you can use a Zaino Detailer which appears to just remove most of it. I do not agree with some others that it helps to use Zaino on top of it, my experience is that it just removes it - they are using the Chadwick's like a Griots "Spray-On Car Wash" (which is great BTW - but also does not play well with Zaino) to remove dirt and then coming back with Zaino to remove the residual haze. If that is the case, unless the car is really filthy, that is just and extra step?

I just ordered another gallon of Chadwick's because it is awesome on chrome! And as I mentioned previously the Tire Protectant is the best I have ever used (and I have them all!),

If you are hoping for the Chadwick's to repel dust on the rear bumper - dream on. Overall, it attracts dust more than just the native Zaino system.

If you do not use Zaino, you can disregard all my comments. Also, if you are not a Zaino-phobe like me, this may be as close to an all-in-one solution you can find - especially if you wax your car (or don't wax at all)!

Last edited by Choreo; 10-17-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM
3 or 88
Instructor

I just saw this write up on Chadwicks. How is this compared to Adams? I have been a long fan of adams due to great product and very easy. Zanio and Adams I have always IMO better products. This sounds interesting. any feedback is welcomed.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:41 AM
c5vetteguy
Melting Slicks

Received 231 Likes on 163 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I'm sure a lot of you have already discovered that Chadwick's works just fine on the interior as well. Here's a bonus: try the No Sling tire dressing on the BLACk portions of your interior. It brings out the black nicely, leaving a semi-gloss sheen that's not greasy at all. You may want to clean it well beforehand to remove the years of other residue buildup.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Mastertvtech
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 or 88
I just saw this write up on Chadwicks. How is this compared to Adams? I have been a long fan of adams due to great product and very easy. Zanio and Adams I have always IMO better products. This sounds interesting. any feedback is welcomed.
I have found that I get detailer like results in 30 minutes....Much less hassle than washing/drying waxing...I even believe the shine is better than when I use my Porter Cable random orbiter, regardless of which wax/glaze I use. The tire shine is second to none.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:34 PM
coia96vette
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I just used this product on my black coupe with great results. I am a believer for sure.

Last edited by coia96vette; 04-28-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:18 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I have been using this product for about a month and it is the easiest product I have ever used with great results.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really like this stuff! Seems like the shine gets deeper every time you use it. Not the best pic, but here is one.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM
0chadwickstripleplay
Former Vendor

Default I hope this helps......

Does it work on black??...My personal Vette....I hope this helps....All the best, NeilName:  IMG_0660.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  103.1 KB
The following users liked this post:
Porxter (08-10-2018)
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
grundy35
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Neil!! That looks fantastic!! Thanks to you, Chadwicks Tripleplay is the only product that will touch the paint of my vette!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
JimInPA
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 16 Posts

Default ordered

Ok- I am the biggest skeptic. Tired of the hype, promises, claims, etc. of so many products and most seem to come up short. I took the bait and Chadwicks has a fish on the line. I ordered the triple play system last night for my Torch Red C5. Will follow up with a video review and see if it lives up to the hype. It is been a long spring here in PA for us non-garage guys. Lots of rain, tree droppings and pollen. This will be a good test!

Last edited by JimInPA; 05-12-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Chadwick's Triple Play Review... (Video)

Old 05-13-2014, 02:29 PM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I was a skeptic, but ordered two bottles of Chadwicks product, to try.
I just reordered, this time a gallon.
I'm amazed by this stuff. Ease of application, and wipe off. And shine like I've never seen.
I won't comment about, or denigrate other's products I haven't used (Z). But I have used many types of wax and polish, glass cleaners, and detail sprays over the years.

This is the best, by far, I've ever used.
Just follow the instruction on their videos, use clean microfibers, and that's pretty much it. The very first time (as shown in the video) is a little more work, but not too much really.

I use it on the glass, as well as the paint. Haven't washed my car, in quite some time. Money saved from not going to the car wash and water not used at my home, makes Chadwick even more affordable, practical, and thinking of conserving water as well, in my opinion.

Also, their tire product doesn't sling all over as well.
I can scarcely imagine using anything else, ever, on my C5.

I just took all four wheels off, one at a time for deep cleaning. I use Rejex for this. But also gave them some topcoats (3) of Chadwicks, before re-installing back on the car. Look really nice.

Don

Last edited by donald4972; 05-13-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
jaygood
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Stuff
Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Mastertvtech
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by donald4972
I was a skeptic, but ordered two bottles of Chadwicks product, to try.
I just reordered, this time a gallon.
I'm amazed by this stuff. Ease of application, and wipe off. And shine like I've never seen.
I won't comment about, or denigrate other's products I haven't used (Z). But I have used many types of wax and polish, glass cleaners, and detail sprays over the years.

This is the best, by far, I've ever used.
Just follow the instruction on their videos, use clean microfibers, and that's pretty much it. The very first time (as shown in the video) is a little more work, but not too much really.

I use it on the glass, as well as the paint. Haven't washed my car, in quite some time. Money saved from not going to the car wash and water not used at my home, makes Chadwick even more affordable, practical, and thinking of conserving water as well, in my opinion.

Also, their tire product doesn't sling all over as well.
I can scarcely imagine using anything else, ever, on my C5.

I just took all four wheels off, one at a time for deep cleaning. I use Rejex for this. But also gave them some topcoats (3) of Chadwicks, before re-installing back on the car. Look really nice.

Don

Quick Reply: Chadwick's Triple Play Review... (Video)